U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022 2:08 AM

Closed

Paramount+ not working error code apps 04036

I open paramount+ Via xfinity. It asks me to pick me profile like normal, I choose mine, then about 1/4 of the content on the screen loads, it freezes then xfinity exits out of the app and produces error code”APPS 04036”. The app has worked a couple times before, but was extremely extremely slow. My internet is very high speed, I also tried restarting the box and app and checking for updates. I tried calling xfinity support for help but I was hung up on twice with no call back and the third time the person went to get his supervisor and it just went silent for 10 mins. I’m not sure what to do or what the issue is. Tried looking up the code online with no luck. Anyone else have the same issue and resolve it somehow? 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to us over Xfinity Forums. Welcome to the community @user_a7cb00! I understand the disappointment that the app is not working properly on your cable box. Paramount+ is one of my go to favorite apps. This is a known issue. Our back teams have been working along side Paramount to come up with a solution ASAP. It seems to be only certain cable box models. Our team would be happy to try some basic troubleshooting and/or get you a new cable box.

Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityAnna​ if we're all getting this error code, your employer should fix it. We're paying extra for something that doesn't work 

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

We want you to be able to enjoy your streamed shows and the networks that you love, @user_23a255. We will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same here!! I even cleared all my cookies as one person suggested. It only made it so I now have to log into all my streaming apps again and paramount still does not work. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Yes I posted a similar experience, everyone has issues with paramount+. I have talked to customer service on here and online....no help.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_dbd3a9​ so today I received a newer box from xfinity because the old box didn’t support using Disney+.  When I tried to click on the app it guided me through the steps to order the box all from the tv. It arrived in 2 days, was shipped for free and won’t cost me if I return the old one by dropping off at any UPS store. It’s a tv we only use when the grandkids are here so we hadn’t attempted streaming many apps. After it was installed we checked to make sure Disney+ was working and then I was like hey let’s check paramount on this tv and low and behold it works. We then checked a bedroom tv that the box was recently replaced in the same way for the same reasons. Paramount worked on that tv, too. We then checked all other tvs in the house and paramount only works on the 2 new boxes. I don’t know why the old boxes quit working when trying to use paramount+. I will be calling tomorrow to check into replacing all the old boxes. New box model CXD01ANI

old box model PC032ANI

They are the small boxes that they give you for extra tvs not the larger main box that allow you to record tv and playback. Hopefully this helps other people. 

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hello! Can you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity
Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same issue. worked 4 or 5 times and now I can't access it at all.

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

We'd love to further investigate this issue together, @scott5007. Would you be willing to send us a private message with your full name and address?

Click "Sign in" if necessary

-Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears, and the "Xfinity Support" graphic will replace the "To:" line

-Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

-Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I've been dealing with this for past month. Xfinity should take it offline fix it then bring it back. Frustrating issue

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_db6f32!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can.  This is not at all the experience that we want for you to have with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to get things taken care of for you.  So that we can take a closer look at what is happening, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and complete service address so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3GRF8Dm 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

My issue is exactly the same.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem with Paramount+ getting error code try again later. What is Xfinity doing about it

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_6c91b1, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I apologize you are having issues with your Paramount+ app! This is one of my family's favorite apps for streaming and I would be equally frustrated if I was having issues. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have exactly the same issue. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

exactly the same issue since signing up! I've worked with both xfinity tech support and paramount plus support. This is very frustrating and hopefully it gets fixed in the near term. Here is a work around that might help (it worked once for me). oh by the way paramount plus works fine on my iphone and fine on my android laptop just not through xfinity on my tv. just in case you really want to watch on an alternate device.

On tv got to settings

select privacy

clear cache and cookies

go back to apps and sign in

Will get a code

go to laptop or phone to Paramountplus.com/xfinity and enter code from tv

Good luck

Come on Xfinity fix the error problems for TV viewing.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I also am not able to get to Paramount+ due to receiving the error code: APPS 04036. I just got my Xfinity DVR and cable boxes in August 2021, so would assume they would be 'new' and not have issues with streaming service apps, unless it's an app issue.... Xfinity forum support, please contact me.  By the way, this is occurring on the X1 box. Haven't set up the other box with Paramount+ yet.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to me. I do appreciate your time and patience. My name is Kim, and I am here to help. 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here on my DVR. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I went through the steps to clear out the cache, refreshed and restarted the box.  I'm assuming that some of the updates may have included patches for Paramount+ so at least now I get error error code mentioned. The box I have is an Arris AX013ANC. 

I also have one of the small boxes and functionality isn't as good as Peacock or Netflix, but at least I can watch stuff. 

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hi @user_872d42

Thank you for sharing what you have done to get around this error. We want to be sure we can help get this error figured out. Please feel free to reach out in a private message so that I can gather some account details.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I open paramount+ Via xfinity. It asks me to pick me profile like normal, I choose mine, then about 1/4 of the content on the screen loads, it freezes then xfinity exits out of the app and produces error code”APPS 04036”. The app has worked a couple times before, but was extremely extremely slow. My internet is very high speed, I also tried restarting the box and app and checking for updates.

Is this going to be fixed???

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_75db4f Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I want to help with this. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here. Only used the app probably just about 10 times or so, then started receiving these messages (and the app won't open)

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you tell me what type if X1 receiver you have? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

getting APPS 04036 on paramount plus start up

multiple retries can get the content moving, then it freezes again

then restart the content and it continues for a short time

then freezes again

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Yes. Some issue with HBO MAX as well.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm getting the same error code "Apps 04036" and haven't seen any answers from Xfinity either. I just changed to a new plan with abrand new box 3 months ago so I can't be because it's outdate. I was getting the Paramount+ programming with no problem then about 1 month ago the error code started happening and sometimes I just give up trying to get it to work. I also don't understand why Xfinity keeps saying "sorry your having problems and send us your personal info", just fix the problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi @user_6ebdbe and thank you for your feedback. The reason we ask our customers to send us a direct message with your personal information is to keep your details private and secure. Once we have your information we are able to pull up your account and troubleshoot with you. Without having these details we are not able to find out what could be causing the issue. Thanks for your understanding. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here