hayward3411's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 13th, 2024 12:17 PM

No MASN

Well after 35 years as a Comcast loyal customer it may be time to switch to DirectTV streaming, I watch the Nationals and Orioles baseball games. I do not want to pay extra for the MASN access. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 months ago

Hi, hayward3411! Thanks for reaching out to XFINITY over our forums page. As a baseball sports fan, I know that it is upsetting to lose a channel that you like. We appreciate your loyalty and would surely miss your business. This channel move is part of our new programming agreement with the owners of MASN and is one of the ways we’re working to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. The good thing is when you have a package that includes a tier of service that no longer includes MASN, you won’t see that network's portion of the Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee on your bill. Other RSN’s, like Monumental Sports, are not impacted. Depending on your area and current package, If you want to receive MASN/MASN2, you can upgrade to the Digital Preferred tier or Ultimate TV tier or a bolt-on promotional offer. Would you like me to see if we have any promotions available today and check if we have one that would keep you at the same rate and still give you access to MASN?

2 Messages

Bait and switch.  Isn't that illegal?

2 Messages

New customer (only internet until now)...  Went into the Xfinity store 8 days ago to buy whatever package was carrying MASN.   Specifically for MASN with the baseball season coming.  Was happily sold a package went home watched MASN and some CLASIC Nationals games this week to prepare for opening day. And then the specific channel I signed up for DISAPPEARED in less than a week.  After an hour long conversation with a "customer service" representative I was offered to pay $30+ to get the next tier channel line-up like it was just OK to demand more money for what I signed up for.   Isn't that the very definition of bait and switch?   I thought that kind of practice was illegal, right?  Seems kinda like thievery with a smile.  Take it or leave it.  

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

user_y9rkry Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ Yes, Can you help me get my MASN networks back.

I have the triple play. I was in the first group to use Comcast cable internet (before Comcast owned it 1994), first to use the Comcast internet phone system (Lots of problems). I have made up my mind that I will find another source for my entertainment and cut-the-cable if I need to pay extra for the MASN networks.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

This isn't the feeling was want, and we'd appreciate the chance to help out, @user_20mymk.  Xfinity NOW TV is a new streaming option that allows you to stream 40+ plus access to Peacock. Watch it on Xfinity Stream anytime, anywhere! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 months ago

I live in a rural area and Xfinity moved into our area last June.  I wanted the cheapest package but had to get the more expensive one in order to watch MASN.  I feel like Xfinity pulled a bait and switch on me.

2 Messages

@mcg4614​  I cut my cable with Comcast and was lied to about being able to stream the Orioles with Xfinity not buy another company's $ 79 service on top of there cost I'm about to leave Xfinity and get direct streaming service since they have it  bait and switch 

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

user_vwiq7l Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

On top of the fee to upgrade channels, they also want to charge to upgrade the tech. They get you coming and going. I think it’s time for me to change too. I’m so frustrated. 

1 Message

4 months ago

Time to ditch xfinity! O’s finally have a great team and now I can’t watch them! [Edited: "Language"] always looking to suck their customers dry. Iv been on auto pay for 4 years, the past year my price each month keeps going up and up! Enough is enough 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

user_ooavok Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Complete [Edited: Inflammatory]! Will be leaving Xfinity ASAP & encourage all those in the DMV to do the same. Price gauging customers who simply just want to watch their local baseball teams. Unacceptable customer service. 

(edited)

2 Messages

Yea same what a rip that’s whole reason why I got cable in the first place 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us user_1518ly! Rising programming costs, especially for live sports, continue to be the biggest factors driving price increases for all content distributors and their customers, not just Comcast. We pay regional sports networks, local TV station owners, and other networks for the ability to deliver their programming to our customers. The fees vary based on factors such as the type of content the popularity of the network, and the demand for its content, among others.

This channel move is part of our new programming agreement with MASN and is one of the ways we’re working to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. For more information, please check out this site.

2 Messages

You are passing your “rising cost” onto your consumer, so your bottom line is not affected. Cable is losing - Moves like this show those in power of Cable companies care more about their stock price and quarterly performance than their customers.

This is again why your company is losing. Cable will be nonexistent within a decade - Keep monitoring forums like this to observe how you [Edit: Language] your customers, and keep monitoring your quarterly performance to see how that customer base will continue to dwindle. 
As a red blooded American, you messed with my baseball, and now I give you the [Edit: Language] salute.

Good day sir 

(edited)

4 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ 

Yeah….it’s not appreciated. Really don’t care the reasons behind the change the fact that they made the switch without so much as notification AND they are raising rates. Really tired of the monopoly Comcast has. 

2 Messages

4 months ago

yea definitely canceling my membership after that 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@Bleedsmoke We would hate to see you go, and we know the importance of having access to the channels you love! Rising programming costs, especially for live sports, continue to be the biggest factors driving price increases for all content distributors and their customers, not just Comcast. We are always working hard to keep our pricing as low as possible, and are committed to providing the best programming at the best possible value. Sometimes, this can lead to channel lineups changing and certain stations being moved over to a different tier to ensure that we can keep the cost of providing this channel as low as possible. 

We never want these changes to be something that would cause you to leave us, and are committed to doing all we can to make sure you have a plan that fits your needs and your budget! If you were to send our team a direct message with your full name and address, we'd be more than happy to explore options together to make sure you have a plan you love! To send us a message, just use the link provided or the direct message icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Then, click "new message", type "Xfinity Support" and select that profile to send us a message directly. We look forward to hearing from you!

4 Messages

My boyfriend tried this, so did I. They offered nothing reasonable or worth my time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_wg99gn Hello and thank you for reaching out through our Xfinity Community Forums. We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding our channel programming and package pricing. We understand how important it is to enjoy the programs you love at a reasonable rate. I would be happy to review your account to ensure you are receiving the best value. To get started, please send us a direct message with your full name, address, and the primary account holder's name if it is not you. Thank you!

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

1 Message

4 months ago

Yeah this is nuts.  I have spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to add MASN or upgrade to a plan that I can add it to but I still can't find how to get the damn channel.  Boy wait till everyone goes to turn on the first game they want to watch and they realize that not only do they have to pay for it now but it's impossible to figure out how to get it to pay for it.  Lots of unhappy customers that's for sure. Would it have killed you, Xfinity, to put clear instructions somewhere where we can find them? Or better yet, instructions when putting the channel on instead of just go to Xfinity upgrade TV online?  People think I'm crazy when I tell them my Xfinity bill is $301 a month. They're really going to think I'm crazy when I have to tell them that I'm paying even more than that just to watch my hometown local sports team which should be free for people to watch. Wow. Just wow.  Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out sometime before opening day.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there, user_1d6udl, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding the channel programming. I know how important it is to have access to the big games. This channel move is part of our new programming agreement with MASN and is one of the ways we’re working to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. For more information, please check out this site.

You mentioned the price of your bill, and we always want to ensure you are getting the best billing rate. I would be happy to review your account to make sure you getting the best value. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

1 Message

4 months ago

This [Edited: "Language"], can't watch your local teams in their home market without paying an upcharge???? And I already pay extra for the "sports" package... [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hi there, user_4ir3sp. Thanks for reaching out about MASN. I know it can be frustrating when channels move in our lineups. I would be happy to see what that would look like to add the channels.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

4 months ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"].  We were so excited to tune into the game today only to find out that the service was removed and that we now have to pay an insane fee to watch the O's.   This [Edited: "Language"] needs to cease. Both MASN and Xfinity need to work for the good of the community [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I understand where you're coming from, user_p02drf. This channel move is part of our new programming agreement with the owners of MASN and is one of the ways we’re working to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. For more information on how we work to bring you great content, see xfinity.com/howitworks. I'd be happy to help take a look at your account and review packages with includes the MASN/MASN2. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

@user_p02drf​ 

Since when is the word deplorable considered inflammatory? 

1 Message

4 months ago

100% agree with everyone.  Been a loyal customer for 30+ years and poof MASN is gone and just in time for opening day. I am in the midst of a two year contract and you changed my contract. Time to look elsewhere.  Have given Comcast too much money over time to keep having channels removed. I am over it. 

2 Messages

I went to Xfinity to cut my cable and the only thing I said was a must was the ability to watch the Orioles. I was told it was with my package and I could stream it. That was a lie not only don't I have the Orioles. Every TV in my house gets different apps I can't download the one I bought called Now it's a bait and switch from a salesperson lying to make commission 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, user_vwiq7l! Thanks for being a part of our community and for taking the time to reach out about watching the Orioles. You would need our X1 cable service with the MASN channel included in your lineup to watch. NOW TV does not come with MASN. You can view the channels included with that service and what devices are compatible to watch the service at the bottom of this page in FAQ section. Do you want to see what it would look like to add the cable service and MASN channel?

1 Message

4 months ago

We have the same issue. After being customers for years, with the mid tier plan we suddenly don’t have MASN anymore and to upgrade to the package with MASN is an extra 50 bucks a month. That’s absurd that one extra channel could cost that much. It might be time for our family to cut cable since the orioles were one of the few things keeping us subscribed. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

HI @user_q5mfjh Thank you for your comment on the thread in the Xfinity Community Forums. We appreciate your feedback regarding the channel lineup. We will be sure to pass it along. If you need any assistance with your account please do not hesitate to ask. 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Exactly the same situation: signed up for xfinity cable TV less than a year ago, got the channel last year, and now am finding that it’s gone and only available if I pay for a more expensive subscription. This is both a bait and switch AND price gouging. I’ve no doubt that xfinity has reserved some right to change the channel line up but this means I will definitely be dropping my cable tv subscription the minute that I can. What an unbelievable disappointment from both xfinity and MASN. I never would have done this had I know they would have removed the *only* reason to get cable TV. 

6 Messages

4 months ago

So now Xfinity is removing text from comments calling the words used inflammatory.  Are you kidding me?  Yes, the truth hurts but learn from it.  Do what is right and honor your commitment.  

2 Messages

4 months ago

We are also unable to add just MASN either. We don't watch much TV, but we love Orioles baseball. We do not need the Ultimate package to pay $50 more. We were originally told that it would be an additional $10 per month. Apparently not. Comcast representative, please do not tell us to direct message you. We have been playing ring around the rosie with your website for an hour. All it does is take us in circles. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

1 Message

4 months ago

Wow, sat down to watch the Nationals and 'poof' MASN was gone from my lineup.  I am a new customer and specifically chose the premier tier because it had MASN.  I get it that the Orioles are popular so that is a grand time to make some additional cash by leveraging the contract and ultimately charging the fans more (timing was perfect).  But, I'm just a lowly Nat's fan that now has to pay at least $20 more per month for that 'privilege'.  I realize in the fine print it says channel lineups can change for any reason but it certainly FEELS like a pure bait and switch.   Why not grandfather in the existing customers?  Seems fair.  ($$$ that's why).

I have already called customer service and am aware of my options which ultimately involve me paying more money for something I thought I already had... No thanks.   Probably on my way to joining the Millennials and cutting the 'TV/Cable' cord forever. 

(edited)

6 Messages

So, I learned of this today:   Per The Baltimore Sun, MASN will now be part of the more expensive “Ultimate TV” package rather than the basic “Popular TV” tier. This new tier will cost about $20 more per month, a jump from $95 to $115. However, Xfinity does offer a promotional three-month period that costs nothing extra to upgrade from Popular to Ultimate.   I talked to support today about the promo and they can do nothing.  Dealing with these folks is extremely frustrating.   And just for the record, MASN did not want this move.  Moving MASN off the TV package and onto Ultimate was a total Xfinity move to force folks to the higher teer.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

It was a pleasure speaking with you, @user_p02drf. Happy I could help add this promotion for you, and I hope this process was easy. Take care, and thanks again for choosing Xfinity. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here