RobEDee1's profile

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

Monday, January 1st, 2024 4:56 PM

Closed

NBA League Pass Freezing and Lose of Signal

Since mid-December I have been experiencing issues with all my league pass channels. Problems include: screen freeze, blinking three dots and then timing out.  No help from "customer support".  X-1 reboots may help temporarily, sometimes. 

About to fight Xfinity's in-home service call system; bot frustration, chat and voice customer support to make an appointment.

Just checking if you've had similar problems.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

Same thing happens to me.

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

I did get in touch with on January 1 who is convinced they fixed it remotely with some backend fix. Unfortunately, as many of you already said last night late pass was terrible. I had to watch the Celtics OKC game on my iPad with the app  

I noticed when I streamed On Xfinity, the leak pass channels, the same problem was occurring last night,

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @Lynnak47. There has been an ongoing issue with the League pass that our engineers have been working to resolve. I know on my service sometimes if I choose the other team broadcast it will work there for some reason. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

7 months ago

Every single NBA League Pass channel is completely down for me tonight, on each x1 box I have.

I just posted about it in the nhl center ice thread too, as all those channels are down with the exact same issue.

I would hope tomorrow someone could read this and escalate it to get it fixed as it’s clear there is a widespread outage, instead of asking everyone to individually “dm for further help”.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Same issues for the past week. This is very frustrating.. 

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

no issues on NBA league pass on Wednesday night. But then again, I didn’t have problems on Monday night. Tuesday was terrible. 
Not sure if it is permanently or temporarily fixed. No games on league pass until Friday night.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@binaural2000 We know the importance of being able to enjoy your services and keep up with your favorite games! Our engineer team is currently working to identify what is causing errors when trying to access NBA League and NHL Center Ice channels. We don't currently have an ETA on when this will be resolved, but we are working to have this fixed as soon as possible. I will set up a reminder on my end to check the status of this known issue and provide updates here once they are available. As a temporary workaround, you can retry or tune to the game opponents via NBA League Pass or NHL Center Ice channels. This may be an intermittent fix until an official solution is provided, but appreciate your patience while we work to get this resolved for you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@Smcdonald61 I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs!

Official Employee

• 

823 Messages

Hello @binaural2000 This issue is still being worked on, but some progress has been made. Are you continuing to see a problem?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @RobEDee1 Does the loss of signal and freezing on NBA League Pass produce an error code or error message? 

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

No. “Sorry we are having problems connecting”

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@RobEDee1 We are aware that there is an issue happening with NBA League Pass and are working to resolve this issue soon. As a temporary solution, some customers have been able to retry or tune in to the game opponent's NBA League Pass. 

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

Wednesday night, no problem on NBA league pass. Is it permanently fixed or still temporally fixed?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@RobEDee1 This issue has not been marked resolved yet. Please continue to share any new developments with the community on Friday night. 

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

Thanks Thomas, I will. I have a tech here now inspecting connections and hardware. Is there anything I should tell him?

1 Message

7 months ago

Issue still roots for me.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_d5ve6e Thanks for connecting. We are working to get this resolved. One suggestion is to tune to the game opponents in NBA League Pass. We appreciate your patience.

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

7 months ago

Same with me. Minor interruption on Friday.  Saturday, night halfway through the second quarter of the Pacers Celtics game I lost signal.

at least I can fall back on the app to watch the game on my iPad.
we should get a month refund based on how poor the connectivity has been

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Same issues with my league pass. Is this a xfinity problem or a league pass problem,whoever problem it is xfinity needs to resolve since I paid them. I didn’t buy league pass to view in my phone, but it’s to only stable connection.  VERY FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER!!!

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

3 Messages

7 months ago

When will be alerted that the solution is in place. I have recorded many games, only to find out that they did not record due to this issue. Very disappointing.

3 Messages

7 months ago

I have recorded many games to view later. Very disappointed that the games did not record properly. This has been happening frequently.

3 Messages

7 months ago

I am having the same issues. Recordings won’t play then they disappear from my list. Watching live issues freezing skipping ahead can’t fast forward times out all kinds of issues. Really frustrating for how much we are paying for this package. Agree since there is no fix in sight we should be getting refunds. Please advise asap 

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

a couple tips I can recommend. It depends on how long there is a blip in service. if the blip is short, you’re recording continues with a short gap and if the blip is longer your recording stops. The good news is you can use the NBA app and watch the game from its beginning on alternative device. I use an iPad. Just a workaround until they fix it. 
I am hoping I can watch the Celtics Timberwolves game tonight without interruption

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_ayoj7e, Thank you so much for letting us know you are also running into issues. This is a known issue and our team is working to resolve the issue we have made some progress. Are you encountering any issues currently?

3 Messages

The issues still persist and are the same. We deserve a refund for the months of December and January. 

1 Message

6 months ago

Jan 14.2024 today…nba app goes into freeze and blurried pic as I’m watching Knicks game…very very frustrating . It’s fine on my IpAD—any suggestions ?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @12345_- Thank you for reaching out. I see you are having issues, however, the broadcast comes in fine using the Xfinity Stream App. We are aware folks are having some trouble, and we're doing our best to ensure we get this fixed.

New Poster

• 

16 Messages

6 months ago

We should get a refund.  The problem has persisted. 

Watching two games on channels 3035-Boston and 3040-Dallas on Monday, 1/22 the connection was lost multiple times.  Once the interruption lasts for more than a few minutes, the recording becomes corrupted and no longer records. 

I know, you're aware of the problem, blah, blah, blah. 

3 Messages

Agree. It’s unwatchable and we are being charged for this service.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I've been having the same issues for about a month. When I call for support, it's like news to them. Very frustrating!!! I am beginning to doubt that this will be fixed anytime this season. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_ayoj7e, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. When you are quality issues, are you getting an XRE-03137 error as well?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 months ago

As someone who started reporting these issues over a year ago (Oct 2022), I'm relieved that Xfinity and other cable providers have converged on the issue being the feed they are all getting from NBA League Pass.

But it took over a year and extreme frustration and dogged determination to get anyone to even listen.  And what are the providers doing to exert pressure on the NBA to get this problem resolved?  Clearly customer frustration is not pushing the needle.  

What is the incentive by NBALP or cable providers to fix it, when, on both sides, they all can act as if this is some one-off customer complaint?

This problem is a technical issue. It could be very challenging to resolve. It's also a management issue. Priorities are established by management. So if it's low on the priority list how does it get moved to the top of the list? The customer surely doesn't know how to make that happen.

I hope a solution is implemented soon. The NBA regular season ends April 14. If it doesn't get resolved by then, NBALP and cable providers can set this problem aside, again, until Oct where it'll start all over again. 

All I know or care about is that a service customers pay for is replete with technical issues.  That Xfinity has not sent out emails with problem descriptions and status updates just creates more frustrated customers, and comes across as not wanting to actually acknowledge it to the public.  

2 Messages

5 months ago

Same for me. Odd thing there is no problem watching it on my phone. Hope a credit gets issued if they know something is wrong. I know I can’t pay 85% for 100% service so fair is fair when it aint

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Are you watching on your phone from an Xfinity feed/app?

2 Messages

5 months ago

Literally happening right now for probably the 10th time this year. We should all get some kind of credit. Not OK.  Credit??

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums @user_tb2jcv! We regret to hear you experienced an issue while trying to watch a game included with the NBA League Pass. Did you see any error messages or error codes when this happened?

4 months ago

I'm watching from my Playstation on the LP app on Xfinity service. It's absolutely horrible and I wish we had some sort of answer. There's no way this is acceptable. Playoffs is approaching and I'm actually concerned we won't be able to enjoy them because of this. 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Don’t worry. They don’t even offer the playoffs. See the “bright” side. Sucks doesn’t it.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey user_nihdbj thank you for your comment and for actively using our Forums. We are happy to work with you to help make sure you do not miss out on any of the games we are showing on our network. If you are interested please let us know and send us a DM. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here