U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 14th, 2023 11:51 AM

Closed

MSNBC not working

MSNBC doesn’t work on cable or nbc app.  What is going on. 

Official Employee

• 

991 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_d5794f Thanks for reaching out on our forums for help with the missing channel. Are you seeing an error message on the TV when you tune to the channel?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityPaula​, I'm having the same problem. Playback issue: TVAPP-00353.

I cannot watch recorded MSNBC shows.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityPaula​  keeps saying the verification code is incorrect after multiple attempts. 

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Hey There @user_ae947e Is this still an issue for you? For the Stream App, going through our basic Internet troubleshooting is best. What was the error showing on your cable box when tuning on MSNBC? These will be different between the App and the box. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Are you experiencing issues signing in to the Xfinity Stream application and/or receiving an error code or message on the set-top box when attempting to tune to the channel? Please let us know at your next available convenience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

Periodically MSNBC does not come up when I turn on the channel.  I get the error message that says sorry we are having trouble connecting. When is this issue going to be resolved.  Is it an Xfinity problem or an MSNBC problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

MSNBC is not available to view on my television today. Why does MSNBC suffer so many outages on your network?

Official Employee

• 

389 Messages

Good afternoon, and thanks for reaching out to us to report your issue with MSNBC. Are you getting an error message when you tune into the channel?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

No MSNBC - says unable to connect ... getting other channels.

Official Employee

• 

816 Messages

Hello @wayneh3. Is MSNBC currently working for you?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Unable to get MSNBC< Channel which was always MSNBC is now Bravo????/

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@shepidog is this happening on your cable box or is this with the Stream App? 

1 Message

10 months ago

10/3/23 at 11:17 EST (Hartford, CT area)  my MSNBC channel is not working through the TV.  I'm getting the error, 'Sorry, we're having trouble connecting'  

all other channels seem to be working fine.

3 Messages

Did you have to call to get it fixed or just wait

(edited)

1 Message

9 months ago

MSNBC channel is having trouble again. I smell a rat on the cable provider side….

Official Employee

• 

898 Messages

@user_t4s5on I'm sorry to hear MSNBC is getting you an issue. Can you tell me more about what's going on? Is there an error code or messages? 

Is there a black, blue or white screen when you tune?

Are you watching through an app or your cable box?

3 Messages

@user_t4s5on​ by rat do you think it's political blocking on purpose? I often have problems with this channel but especially tonight 

(edited)

1 Message

error message " on msnbc channel:

"not authorized" 

Please explain. As a Senior widow on fixed income: I pay a lot of money for xfinity's monthly service without this additional insult (as well as xfinity's seemingly unavailable customer service).. nevertheless you never seem to mind  cashing my checks

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_d45zat Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. Our team can help with any service and billing concerns you may have. I would be happy to review your account and see where things are at with the MSNBC channel in your area. To get started, please send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

8 months ago

Hasn't been working for me all night, all other channels work, no troubleshoot option for this issue. It's a black screen saying sorry, cannot connect, try again or cancel

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_w9kf6y we definitley want to ensure that you are getting the support you need on this! Are you getting an error code along with the message, like something that starts with RDK or XRE? Do you have multiple TV boxes in the home and this station is not working on all devices? If you use the Xfinity Stream app, does MSNBC work for you there or are you getting the same error?

1 Message

8 months ago

My MSNBC is out I think it's political.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_cu3tl7. I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with MSNBC. You are in the right place and we are happy to assist you today. Are you still having the issue right now?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 months ago

Amazon Fire tv says MsNBC is being blocked by parental controls in my comcast account.  I do not have parental controls enabled. I have removed and reinstalled the app several times.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

You too huh? This just started today 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi there @user_182cfe!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum to voice your service concerns.  We are so glad ot hear from you and want to help in any way that we can.  Can you tell me if the issue is still present?

Official Employee

• 

612 Messages

Good Morning,@user_a8ecb4 ! I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the Parental Controls, and we would be happy to help. Have you completed any troubleshooting steps? Have you confirmed everything is fully up to date on the device?

2 Messages

@user_182cfe​ 100% exactly the same thing!

2 Messages

7 months ago

I stream msnbc on fire TV. About 5 days ago I stared getting an error message saying parental control don't allow me to watch. And to check with my network provider. I have 0 parental controls set, never have, never will. I check settings on xfinity, no controls set. Check the fire TV, no controls set. I've restarted, unplugged. Nothing works.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello there @user_hh1rvg!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

7 months ago

This is ridiculous. Why is Xfinity blocking MSNBC streaming? I don't have parental controls set up, I've cleared the cache 3 times, uninstalled & reinstalled & it's still not working. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'm betting this is political. They don't like what's being said about the Orange idiot. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

You're not alone. If anything, there should be absolutely no problems getting it, seeing as Comcast owns NBCUniversal. If I'm able to view it from my cable box at least one time during the week, I'm lucky. The rest of the time, it's glitchy. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Cubdukat Are you trying to access MSNBC on a device that is connected to your home network or are you on the go and using Wi-Fi? We carry more than 200 Channels that are available for live-streaming while you are out of your out-of-home. Certain broadcasters aren't available to stream out-of-home. For a current list of networks available to stream out of home, see available networks to live stream with Xfinity TV. You will see that MSNBC is on that list. I would be happy to troubleshoot the connection with you. To get started, can you if the issue is occurs during a particular program or time of day? 

1 Message

5 months ago

I'm also unable to change the channel to get to MSNBC live programming.  Our TV is connected to a Comcast box.  But I am able to get to MSNBC Live on the app on my phone.  Also I'm able to watch any recorded MSNBC shows that I wasn't able to watch live (???).  This has been ongoing now for many hours tonight.

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here