angiebaby161's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Wednesday, April 27th, 2022 2:31 AM

Closed

MLB EXTRA INNINGS NOT RECORDING

I have setup to record all Chicago Cubs games on 3005. Today 4.26 the game did not record.  Looking at the scheduled recordings no games show up for the next 4 days then on 4.30 it shows a recording set up.  Then no more games for the next 2 weeks.  There is some kind of issue if we are all reporting problems 

I was on the phone for over an hour and no fix.  Service coming out tomorrow.  Never had issues before getting the 4K box.  

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

All,

Thank you so much for getting this reported to us on our Xfinity Forum. Our teams are aware of this issue and are working on getting it resolved as quickly as possible. In the mean time, we recommend setting up a manual recording for those games to ensure you do not miss the action. Information on how to set a manual recording can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-set-a-manual-recording-for-a-channel

Thank you in advance for your continued patience as we work to get this resolved. 

Regular Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ we cannot setup manual recordings because they are not listed on the MLB guide channels.   

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Ditto.  We cannot set up manual recordings because they are not listed on the MLB channel guide.  

I visited my local Xfinity store this afternoon.  To say the person I spoke with couldn't care less would be an understatement.  Even when I got him to pull up the channel guide on one of the TVs in the store, all he could say is "We don't subscribe to MLB Extra Innings".  Had no interest in what I had to say or point out.  Further, he said that reps in Xfinity stores cannot communicate problems to technicians in Xfinity "headquarters".  My next step is to contact my credit card company and dispute the MLB charge for non-delivery of service.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @angiebaby161. You mentioned service coming out tomorrow. Are you referring to a tech visit? Are the recordings still not showing up on the schedule for you? I'd love to further troubleshoot with you to get to the bottom of what's causing them to not record properly. Do the games show up correctly on the guide? 

Regular Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityStephanieK​ 

I had a service tech at the house yesterday.   He said it is nothing on this end and wrote up a ticket for the X1 platform technical team to address.  

1.  Guide shows Cubs games on 3005.  Attempt to set a series recording and choose the team Chicago Cubs live games only.   Go back to the guide and the series recording shows up on the channel of the team they are playing NOT 3005

2.  Only scheduled series recordings show for just the 2 or 3 games the Cubs play those next 2 or 3 days.

3.  No recordings on guide or on scheduled listing after those games.

4.  If choosing all programming instead of live games only, I can get more games to record  but the majority of them are not recording on 3005.  For the next 2 weeks only one game was going to record on 3005.

5.  Currently only way I can get the games to record on 3005 is to individually set up to record 1 game at a time which is a PITA.

FWIW we tried setting up a different team Using the same steps and got the same results. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Thank you for the details! We'd be happy to check on the status of the ticket that the tech created to make sure it's being addressed properly. Can you send us a direct message with your first and last name and service address by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityChe​ sent dm as requested 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks so much for sending us a direct message with your account information Deborah. I appreciate the opportunity to review the ticket. I see your issue has been referred to our Support team. However, at this time we do not have any updates to provide. I'd like to keep an eye on the ticket and reach back once we have additional information. Would that be okay? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ I would appreciate that 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

I have the exact same issue.  Yankees channel 3019 shows only 1 game scheduled in the next 2 weeks.  The MLB Extra Innings GUIDE is not working.  The channels work but the guide isn't.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

I have the same issue as @grossbl and @angiebaby161. The MLB extra innings guide is inaccurate because it only occasionally shows the Yankees games that are airing. If I turn on ch 3019 during a game I know is being played but that the guide doesn’t display, I can watch the game.  I have set up a series recording for Yankees games only to find the Yankees games missing from scheduled recordings, or as @angiebaby161 reported, find they’re recording on the opposing team’s channel feed (where the game may or may not be listed in the mlb extra innings guide on the opposing team’s channel).  Last night I recorded the Rays at Angels game from the Rays’ channel feed (because the Angels’ play by play guy is annoying) and the recording STOPPED abruptly in the 7th inning, even though I had set the game up to record two extra hours because I’ve been hosed when I rely on the “this game will record to the end no matter what the time slot says” message. So I didn’t get to see Shohei Ohtani’s first grand slam in Anaheim stadium… grrr.  I pay Comcast hundreds of dollars a month for the ‘privilege’ of being bundled, and to watch baseball.  Please make it better.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@grossbl. We are aware of this specific issue and are working on a fix. I would be happy to reach out when I see an update or a resolution. 

Regular Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Reply to us all.  We have basically told you what needs to be fixed.  It shouldn't take this long

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue with Pirates on channel3022 no games scheduled.  The games were listed as ‘up coming’ yesterday but gone today and todays game did not record.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

Yes same here - Braves channel 3002. You can view game live only. Guide does not show it so no recording. 

Please fix this so all my games record. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I would just like to echo the statements given here over the last couple of hours. We all pay very good money for this product, and the fact that the guide can't even be updated properly is extremely frustrating and disappointing. Please fix

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem here.  We were on the phone with Xfinity (off and on for a few hours) and they could not fix the problem for us.  

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

@user_8bfa34​ This is not on Box problem! There is nothing to fix in our homes. It is on the digital broadcast side. What they are showing on the Guide snd the recording settings are not working.  Maybe we need to complain to MLB too.

Regular Visitor

• 

20 Messages

I have called MLB.  This is squarely an Xfinity problem.   We need to start asking for credits since we are not getting what we are paying for. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same problem too. NY Yankee games stopped recording. Do not show in guide except intermittently. They are sending a service person out which I think is a waste of time and the problem could probably be solved if someone did their job on the technical end inside. So frustrating and aggravating! I have talked to 3 different customer service people since Friday about this problem that I am paying $139.99 for the baseball season. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

We’ve been having an issue just watching the games since last afternoon.  We thought it was just the additional double headers that we were having an issue with but no go.  Today - now we can’t watch anything.  Chatted with a tech he said people have been having an issue but they’re hoping to have it fixed by 7:45 - 8pm.  I’ll believe it when I see it.  Literally.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Online now with an xfinity tech who can’t even find where or what the mlb pkg channels are…LOL.  We’re having same guide issues as others in this thread. Last year there were no issues. This year is a nightmare. How bout  a fix Xfinity ?????   Someone somewhere must be aware of this issue. When does the pro rating of our $139 begin???

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m having the exact same issue - no games showing up on the guide, so I have no option to record the games. I don’t get home from work until the game is typically in the 6th inning or so - real nice. This after I didn’t get tv in general for about 6 weeks after moving 3 months ago (countless calls to support with no resolution).  10+ year customer with a $250 - $300 monthly bill -  I can’t wait to cut the cord. Way too many constant problems for the price. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_7e8501​ We are having the same issues.    Some of the games (sometimes) on MLB Extra Innings show a title such as, "Los Angeles Dodgers at Chicago Cubs" at the correct starting time and you can choose to "Watch" or "Record".   But many of the games at the start time just show a title of "MLB Extra Innings" and all you can do is watch the game live.    We have even given up on some occasions as we clicked on the channel we wanted to watch a few minutes before the start of the game and there was just the list of games that day and we thought that we were unable to even watch the game.    There doesn't seem to be any 'rhyme or reason' to this issue.    We are considering canceling our MLB Extra Innings subscription and asking for a refund.    Are you listening, Xfinity??

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_7e8501, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I apologize you aren't enjoying your MLB Extra Innings pass! We definitely want to make sure you are getting the most out of your pass and you are watching all the big games! We would be happy to help with troubleshooting. You have reached the right place! 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

@ssfletch, Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

We are having the same issue with the SF Giants 3024. We pay a lot every year for Xtra Innings and have never before had issues recording. We have reset it for 3024 several times. Sometimes no games show in the Guide and record setting disappears. Sometimes it records the opponent team so we can't hear our announcers. It even recorded Fox Sports one day we came in late to watch, but it was on the 6th inning on 3024 not recording! Since Xfinity doesn't seem to have a clue, maybe we should call MLB.

Regular Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@LihauM​ it is not MLB.  I have called them.  This is squarely an Xfinity problem.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

Does XFINITY read these treads?  Come on fix this!

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello and thanks for reaching out, @bbrooks22. I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your games recording correctly. I would love to get your account pulled up so we can do some troubleshooting and see about getting this resolved. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
  • Click the direct message icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
  • Press Enter to send your message 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityAaron​ If you're able to fix bbrooks22's  problem, then let the rest of us on this thread all having the same problem know what the solution is.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

@XfinityAaron​ I just did this. But it is not a problem on my side. It is a problem on XFINITY side. I have service in 2 states. I looked at the guide for Florida & Virginia- both are the same. Both show no games on the guide. Without seeing the game on the guide the dvr does not know there is a game to record. I know a game is on right now 8:57 Atlanta Braves channel 3002. I can enter that channel and view the game. Please correct the guide to reflect every game every day showing on the guide at the appropriate time. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Hello, @careyw. We never want you to miss out on a second of the game. If you scroll up, XfinityJessie has shared an official solution to this. Please let us know if you encounter any more troubles with your recordings. We're here for you!

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

I can watch 3019 (Yankees) but I've lost the ability to record today's game or any future games.  The channel guide says only "New York Yankees MLB Extra Innings" rather, as it should, "New York Yankees v Toronto Blue Jays".  This problem is for almost all MLB teams.  HOWEVER, there are a few teams whose games are recordable, such as channel 3021/Phillies v Mariners.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hey Xfinity it is 8:10pm May 10.  There are currently 10 MLB games in progress, my xfinity guide shows NONE OF THEM!  The 3 westcoast games that start at 9:30 EST are the only thing showing as upcoming .  If the games aren’t in the guide, the set recordings for any team WILL NOT RECORD.  I can go to the channel, I can watch the game, but if I’m not home that does me little good.  It is not my cable box since everyone on this thread is having the same problem.  We deserve a fix.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_12a993 -  We never want for you to miss a game or recording! Thank you for letting us know. Let's try a few quick and easy troubleshooting steps which should help.

To start, please log into the Xfinity My Account app. When you open the app, tap TV on the Overview screen. Next, tap on the DVR  and tap Troubleshoot for other issues. Most service issues can be fixed with the steps listed in the following screen, but we'll go ahead and perform a few quick checks and tap continue. In the following screen we'll want to choose a System Refresh.

A System Refresh can take up to 20 minutes, and fixes errors and problems with missing channels, On Demand, DVR, and more. I wanted to also share this informative article which provides more details about setting a manual channel recording on X1 which may help in the future. Please let us know if this helps!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Hi XfinityThomasA- we did all of that on Sunday, and were on the phone with Xfinity for at least an hour while they tried a variety of things to fix it and nothing worked. It is not an individual customer issue - it is an Xfinity issue!

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

Thank you for letting us know you attempted those troubleshooting steps. We'd like to look into this further. Can you please click the Direct Messaging icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name so we may further assist you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here