ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@oldspinny wrote:

Alas! I just read on my monthly bill (of course, after the sticker shock wore off) that FS2 will be available in my area, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota, beginning on December 19, 2017; channels 740 and 1209 (I assume one of which will be HD, but you never know with these clowns). Merry Christmas, I guess. It's only been four years, roughly forty-eight monthly bills. However, I'm not convinced that FS2 is actually Fox Sports 2. It could just be another ploy. 

US fails to qualify for the World Cup. Fox paid all that money to gain the broadcast rights, and the US does not qualify. Good luck with those 0.8 million viewers, about 1/30 of what the ratings were in 2014 (although I'll likely be one of them; go Argentina!).

In a way, that is poetic justice.

Yes, Fox Sports 2 is scheduled to be added in many areas this year including Minnesota on December 19th.

I'll add some additional locations and targeted dates to this thread next.

Thanks for your patience. 

"This channel is not expected to be offered in HD at this time."

Bravo! I guess we will have to wait another 4 years for HD.

(I just laugh and shake my head.)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Leojack wrote:

What about the D.C. and Maryland area??

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post as we get that confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@com100 wrote:
Teds, will FS2 be available in south New Jersey area in December. Thank you.

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post as we get that confirmation. Thanks for your patience.   

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Will they be offereing in the Philadelphia area?  You know the home office of Comcast/Xfinity. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Spiderbaggins wrote:

Will they be offereing in the Philadelphia area?  You know the home office of Comcast/Xfinity. 

I am quite familiar with the home office. 

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post and this thread as we receive any confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

Mr Teds,  Please tell me after 4 years & 1,799 messages I will finally be getting Fox Sports 2 in central NJ in December!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@lipstickcat wrote:

Mr Teds,  Please tell me after 4 years & 1,799 messages I will finally be getting Fox Sports 2 in central NJ in December!

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post and this thread as we receive any confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

ok

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

When will you add this channel to the rest Washington State. We have been waiting for a long, long time.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@doxi wrote:

When will you add this channel to the rest Washington State. We have been waiting for a long, long time.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

My understanding is that Xfinity doesn't carry FS2 - has that changed?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Benskyrme wrote:

My understanding is that Xfinity doesn't carry FS2 - has that changed?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

why not pittsburgh? I've been calling and asking for almost two years after being told when I signed up for comcast that FS2 was offered..my contract is up in a few weeks, I have no problem switching back to dish or another provider that has this channel in my area...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@jwomer23 wrote:

why not pittsburgh? I've been calling and asking for almost two years after being told when I signed up for comcast that FS2 was offered..my contract is up in a few weeks, I have no problem switching back to dish or another provider that has this channel in my area...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

All - The temporary solution message (message #1792 on the previous page) has been updated to reflect additional areas that are scheduled to have Fox Sports 2 added on 12/19/17. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here