CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Friday, November 18th, 2022 10:34 PM

Closed

FIFA World Cup 2022

From November 20th – December 18th, you can catch all the action for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM on Xfinity Discover personalized, interactive and bilingual viewing experiences across all our platforms, including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex, the Xfinity Stream app and XClass TV.

Simply say “World Cup” or “Copa Mundial” into your Xfinity Voice Remote for these great features:

• The first FIFA World Cup™ in Dolby Vision – only on Xfinity X1: Xfinity is the only place in the U.S. where you can experience FOX’s live 4K match coverage in Dolby Vision HDR. (Available on eligible X1 TV Boxes.)
  • A personalized viewing experience: Choose your favorite teams to create a custom FIFA World Cup™ viewing experience across devices, putting live coverage and match highlights front and center within the destination. You can also opt to get notifications directly on your TV and/or mobile device when your teams are about to take the pitch, and to get quick links to post-match highlights.
  • Interactive bracket:  X1’s tournament bracket will be interactive, enabling you to track the latest schedule, get the latest scores and standings, and prepare for upcoming matches with the ability to set recordings or reminders.
  • DVR highlights: You will find high-impact plays, like goals, penalty kicks and amazing saves noted in the playback bar of their DVR recording so you can quickly catch up on the biggest moments from the match. 

On Xfinity Flex and XClass TV, Comcast offers streamers a comprehensive destination that brings all tournament-related programming available to stream on the platform into one experience, including live matches and same-day replays of all 64 matches in Spanish from Peacock, same-day replays of all 64 matches in English available from Tubi, tournament highlights and analysis, and more.

Flex customers wanting to experience more of the tournament can quickly and easily upgrade to Xfinity TV via the Stream app so you can access FOX’s and Telemundo live coverage.

To learn even more,  see our recent press release.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Fox will be broadcasting all of the 2022 World Cup games in 4K on FOX and FS1.  Will xfinity make the games available in 4K on these channels?  Looking ahead on the channel guide, nothing on it indicates 4k, only HD.  If games are available in 4k, will we be able to record on DVR? 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled World Cup in 4K

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_6acd94 All great questions! It looks like as long as you have the eligible X1 equipment you will be able to view FOX's 4K broadcast of each match. Xfinity will be the only place in the U.S. where fans can experience FOX’s live 4K match coverage in Dolby Vision HDR.

Also looks like you will be able to record your desired matches. Fans will find high-impact plays, like goals, penalty kicks and amazing saves noted in the playback bar of their DVR recording, so they can quickly catch up on the biggest moments from the match. For more information please visit: https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcast-aggregated-fifa-world-cup-viewing-experience-2022

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityZacharyA​ Nice!  The press release notes that the new World Cup features work on eligible X1 set top box.  How does one know if their box is eligible?

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

How old is your box?

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

@user_6acd94  what kind of box do you currently have? For Dolby Vision content viewing requires an Xfinity X1 XG1v4 or Xi6 TV Box, or Flex Xi6 streaming TV Box. You can find the model number of your X1 TV Box by going to About in the X1 Settings menu.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I have an X1 Model AX014ANM

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

1 year ago

On Thursday, Comcast announced it will be offering Dolby Vision on eligible X1 boxes for the World Cup matches that start Sunday.  The release did not specify what makes a box eligible.  An article on digitaltrends.com said an Xi6 box is required to get DV.  I have the other 4K box, the XG1v4.  Will DV be available on that box?  Thanks.  

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled World Cup Dolby Vision

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@BIslander There will be DVR functionality so the 4K XG1 DVR would support Dolby Vision. For more information please visit this link: https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcast-aggregated-fifa-world-cup-viewing-experience-2022

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

@XfinityZacharyA​ Thanks.  That's great news.  I have never seen Dolby Vision as an option on content from the XG1v4 box.  This may be the first ever offering on a broadcast channel, but apps like Netflix and Prime Video have DV content and the program listing information through X1 for those programs always shows HDR instead of DV.  Do you know if new software is being rolled out for set top boxes?  I am running on Release 155.0.1 and was updated on October 20.   

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I am sorry, but I don't know when the next software update will be, but we try to take care of that stuff in the middle of the night when it is less likely to interrupt your usage of the x1 box. Do you have any other questions or concerns we can help you with today? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

I don't know myself that a software update is needed.  I was just saying that I've never seen any sign that the XG1v4 box does Dolby Vision.  Looks like I just have to wait to see if I get DV on the opening World Cup match Sunday morning.

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

I do want you to keep in mind that we are supporting this event and we will have as much content as possible to provide you using your Peacock app. We don't want you to miss a moment of the world cup, so we put it all in one place for you! Do you use the awesome Peacock app that we offer you for free? 

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

1 year ago

World Cup opening match on FS1 is HDR10, not Dolby Vision, on my XG1v4 box.  :(

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@BIslander​ 

We apologize that you experienced issues when attempting to watch World Cup games in Dolby Vision. Is your set top box set to auto-tune to the best possible resolution. It may be set to a lower resolution by default. For additional information on making that update or just changing the resolution in general, please see below. 

Auto-Tuning Channels

To access Preferences:

1. Using the remote press the xfinity button.
  2. Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK.
    Main Menu displays with Settings option.

3. Highlight Preferences and press OK.
    Settings Menu displays with Preferences option highlighted.

4. Highlight General and press OK.
     Preferences Menu displays with prompt to select General option.

5. Press the down arrow on the remote and highlight Prefer Best Available Resolution. Then press OK to toggle the feature on or off.
    General Menu displays with Prefer Best Available Resolution option toggled on.

6. Press Exit to finish.

Changing the Resolution on Your X1 TV Box

You can easily switch between higher and lower resolutions on your X1 TV Box — including to 4K UHD.

From within a program’s mini info panel, you’ll see a Watch in 4K UHD, Watch in HD or Watch in SD button. Selecting the available option will change the program to the desired resolution on your X1 TV Box.

The Sportsnet Central page is displayed with the option to Watch in 4K UHD selected.

Notes:

• If your Prefer Best Available Resolution setting is set to on, you won’t be able to downgrade the resolution on your X1 Box.
  • You’ll only receive the 4K option if you have a 4K capable Xfinity TV Box and 4K capable TV. For more information, see 4K Ultra HD (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) on Xfinity TV.

For additional information, please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-auto-tune-to-hd-channels

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues when viewing Dolby Vision on your Xfinity television equipment. 

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

Yes, I am properly set to Best Available.  I get UHD HDR from my XG1v4 box and that's what's come through on the first two World Cup matches on FS1.  But, no Dolby Vision on them and I've never gotten DV through this DVR from any source that has it on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, or AppleTV+.  Is there an additional setting to enable DV?  Does Xfinity need to push out a software update?  My box is on release 155.0.1 showing a date of October 20.

I'm not complaining, mind you.  But, Comcast made a big announcement on Thursday that it would be the only source to provide Dolby Vision and, so far at least, I haven't seen it.

(edited)

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@BIslander 

Again, we apologize you are experiencing an issue with Dolby Vision, this is our first programming event offering this service. Are you receiving an error message when attempting to watch the games? If not, is there something else that leads you to believe you are not receiving the full Dolby Vision experience?

Please note, just because you have a compatible television box, does not mean your actual television is capable of receiving that Dolby Vision signal. 4K UHD, HDR, Dolby Vision HSD, and Dolby Atmos are available on specific TV models and may not be supported on all TV/receiver HDMI ports. Refer to your TV manual to see if you can receive content in 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision and/or Dolby Atmos. Have you been able to verify that both your television, HDMI port, and HDMI cable is compatible with the Dolby Vision signal? What television make/model are you attempting to watch the games on?

Any additional information you can provide about your experience will help us to identify and resolve the issue for you. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

No error messages.  When I select the 4K UHD viewing option, my TV reports getting HDR, not DV.

Equipment: 

XG1v4DVR set to Best Available and I get a 4K HDR output just fine.

TV - LG OLED65C1 that does 4K with HDR10 and Dolby Vision.  All four HDMI inputs are 2.1 for 4K 120. 

AVR - Denon AVR-S640H that passes 4K 60 and supports DV

I routine watch DV on the TV 's internal apps and I get DV from my Sony X800M2 4K Blu-ray player.  How do I know?  The TV reports the specifics of the video source content and changes picture settings when the source is HDR and DV.  The AVR also reports the video source specifics,

The only things I have not done are (1) bypass the AVR and send the DVR output directly to the TV, (2) change inputs on the AVR, and (3) swap out the HDMI cables for ones with Premium High Speed certification labels.  I'll give those things a try, altho none seems like a fix since my equipment reports processing DV just fine with the current configuration, except for content from the XG1v4.

Update:  I plugged the DVR directly into the TV, bypassing the receiver, with a certified Ultra High Speed cable, and still no DV, only HDR.  That addresses all three of the things I can do as the AVR is out of the picture and the cable is certified for 8K.

(edited)

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@BIslander​ 

Are you able to receive the games in HDR? If so, it is already being broadcast in Dolby Vision. As mentioned by other users, it is up to the channel provider as to how those channels are broadcast (SD, HD, 4K, etc.). However, with World Cup games, all games viewed in HDR/4K will be in the Dolby Vision format automatically.  As long as you have the correct equipment and configuration, if you are getting the 4K signal then you are getting it in Dolby Vision. Per the press release: "All 64 matches in 4K Dolby Vision HDR on FOX and FS1."

Is there something else that leads you to believe you are not watching the Dolby Vision version of the game? I only ask as there is no way for us to deliver games in 4K without them being available in Dolby Vision. Again, any screen shots or images you can provide showing us that you are not receiving Dolby Vision would be greatly appreciated. 

Additionally, we ask that you please refrain from starting multiple posts on the same subject. This only creates confusion for our team and any other user attempting to provide you with assistance. Furthermore, authoring duplicate threads related to the same topic is a violation of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policies. We ask that you please review those documents thoroughly as repeated violations could result in a revocation of a user's Xfinity Forum posting privileges. Please note, by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have already agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

1 year ago

Same story with the first match on Monday (England-Iran).  HDR, no Dolby Vision, on the XG1v4 DVR.  Can someone with an Xi6 wireless box weigh in on whether they are getting DV?

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

And the next match on the main Fox network is also HDR, not Dolby Vision.  I have not heard from anyone on an AV forum I follow that has gotten DV from Xfinity.  They all report getting HDR. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

It's quite possible that Fox, or the signal coming to Fox is not Dolby Vision.  The problem may get cleared up on future games.

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

@MNtundraRET​   Thanks.  But, the Comcast press release explained that Xfinity is taking an HDR source from Fox and overlaying DV itself, which is why it is a Comcast exclusive.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

With the World Cup matches coming in the middle of the day will you be removing the "In home only" restrictions for the matches so it can be seen via the Stream app?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Will "in home only" restrictions be removed for World Cup games on Fox

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Are DVR Sports Highlights available for all the Fifa games? I notice that option was available, only for the England & Iran game. Why? 

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_ea7043​ DVR Highlight system, provides notes in the playback bar of your DVR recording pointing out where significant events such as goals, penalties, great saves and near misses take place. Was this the game that you recorded? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am an X1 customer and currently working away from home (still in the same state); I tried to log into Xfinity online to watch today's games and it blocked me! I could watch all other channels live, except the WC games on Fox. What gives? What's the point of having an app that you can "take anywhere with you" if the "anywhere" is only at home?

Is there some geo-block Fox has implemented, even for customers in the same STATE?!

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

@user_dc31f0​ You can use your Xfinity credentials to access the Fox Sports and FoxNow apps, which have the World Cup games.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

[Edited: "Language"]. When I can get it to stream the picture is terrible. Right now I can't get it to stream at all. Stuck in isolation with COVID and cant even watch the World Cup!! 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Xfinity Stream app (since im visiting family who doesnt have cable) doesnt let me play any of the FIFA World Cup matches on any channel siting location issues. Im in WV, and its only the FIFA matches I can't watch.

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

1 year ago

FYI - I had an Xfinity service call this morning and the tech checked with his supervisor who said it was his understanding that Dolby Vision is available on the Xi6 wireless box, but not the XG1v4 DVR.  That would explain why I only see HDR10 for the World Cup, not Dolby Vision.  I asked if there was a document or support note about it and he said it was just something he was hearing internally.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Why on my flex I say world cup but all of the games are in Spanish?

Is there any way to see English broadcast 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Why do I only see Spanish broadcasts?

I have internet with flex . I speak world cup in remote, but all the games are in Spanish?

How do I change it, I can't find a way.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@user_18efcb Thank you for reaching out to us through our Xfinity Forums Community, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our response. I understand you are watching the World Cup, but the games are in Spanish. This would be odd for sure. I know I would be reaching out as well. We are offering the World cup in both English and Spanish language. Is the World Cup the only channel you are having this issue with? 

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

How can I set up a recording of just the USMNT games on my Xfinity box? When I say "World Cup" into my voice remote, I don't see an option to set the US team as my favorite, or to record those games. And when I search for USMNT on the main Xfinity search screen, nothing comes up because apparently Saturday's game against Holland isn't yet in the system. I'm going to be away for two and a half weeks and I'd like to record the USMNT games from that period without filling up my Xfinity DVR with non-US games. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@johntheeditor​ You can't record, unfortunately.  I'm in the same boat.  I believe Comcast streams all 4k content and doesn't have capability to record content that's streamed.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  You can use Tubi because they make all World Cup replays available in 4k, "supposedly".  And it's free.  They are owned by Fox.  But, I've watched their 4k replays and they are awful.  They surely don't look like 4k HDR to me.  I streamed Tubi through LG Smart TV, Fire Stick, Roku and the picture looks the same, not 4k :(

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

You can record the HD or SD broadcasts, just not the 4K ones.  But, the problem remains of how to set recordings for games that are not yet in the schedule.  Tubi seems like the best option.  I'm watching the USA-Iran replay now.  The quality is OK on my set both through Xfinity and the TV app.  The Tubi guide lists it as 4K Ready and no HDR.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

I just checked You Tube under the label: "World Cup 4K". While the show says 4K it was uploaded as only 720p when checking quality and Nerd specs.  720p would upscale better on You Tube, but no replays are in 4K.

Sorry about that.

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Thanks for the suggestions regarding Tubi and YouTube—those would be options. But I was thinking about the standard Fox network broadcasts, which should be recordable like any other TV sports event. And schedulable, theoretically!

(edited)

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

Tubi is the regular Fox broadcast coverage.  It's a Fox product and you'll see it listed as the place for replays on the graphics promoting upcoming matches.  The Fox games are recordable in HD on your Xfinity DVR, but as for a way to schedule recordings of all USMNT matches, I don't see a way to do that myself.     

UPDATE:  I just noticed I have all the USMNT games recorded and they show up in my Saved list in a group called United States.  It includes the Fox English and other Spanish language versions.  I set a series recording for the US a long time ago and I think I get all the US men's and women's team matches that way.  No idea how to set that up now during the WC.  Maybe try doing a series recording on Saturday's match against the Dutch and see what happens.   

UPDATE 2:  I said United States into the voice remote and the Saturday round of 16 match showed as upcoming.  I bet you can set a series record on that one to get all USMNT games recorded. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

264 Messages

1 year ago

World Cup irritations.

With two games at the same time, the process of getting to the 4K version is hit or miss. The usual process is to select the channel, press Info, and select the option for the 4K version. Sometimes you get the game you want, sometimes you end up at the other one. Then you have to use the voice remote to search for 4K, which presents both games for selection.

This follows the other irritation where there's no option to get 4K on the pregame shows even though Fox is doing them in upconverted 1080p 4K HDR. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here