XfinityJK's profile

Administrator

• 

90 Messages

Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 12:40 PM

Closed

Diamond Sports Group Programming Agreement Expired

Diamond Sports Group (DSG) programming, which includes Bally Sports regional sports networks, is currently unavailable as our agreement with DSG has expired.

Comcast pays programmers to bring our customers the entertainment, information, and sports they want. We work to negotiate fair terms in order to ensure the greatest value for customers given all the ways content can be accessed today.

We’ve been flexible with DSG, who is in bankruptcy proceedings, but have been unable to reach an agreement that’s fair for our customers. We know unexpected changes to your TV lineup can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

For more information, visit www.xfinity.com/howitworks. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

18 days ago

I would like to also post my complaint about Xfinity not reaching a deal with Bally Sports. I am honestly outraged. Just seems so nonchalant to send an email and not even try to agree an extension while you continue to try to negotiate. This is something where the cost is passed onto us anyway via a separate bill charge. And then so insulting for that email to refer to other sports. It isn't overall sports we are missing, but access to watch our LOCAL teams. This impacts many markets. I am in Indianapolis so have now lost access to the Pacers playoffs and the Cincinnati Reds. I get that both sides probably are at fault, but Xfinity needs to understand that we have lost access to our local sports teams now. This is a no-go for many of us that will require us to switch providers. A small bill credit doesn't make up the difference. For a lot of us, this is what kept us subscribing to traditional cable year after year. For it to be cancelled during NBA playoffs and the start of baseball season is such a bummer. I will mostly likely go to Fubo who offers all the channels I need, but also offers a better DVR service at a cheaper charge. Xfinity, please re-consider negotiating some more so as to not lose customers. This is one service that differentiated you from other providers and is now gone. 

5 Messages

18 days ago

Sorry but I don't think Xfinity cares about "an agreement that is fair to our customers" when Direct TV negotiated something that they deem "fair" to their customers.  If content can be accessed other ways, wouldn't you want to keep the customers you already have.  After reading over these chats, I read that a lot of people are doing away with Xfinity.  

2 Messages

17 days ago

When will Bally be restored to Xfinity?   Access to the Atlanta Braves games is one of the main reasons I've continued to pay the high Comcast TV rates.  Without Bally I'll probably go to a less expensive streaming package.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bally

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

Bally Sports is still in bankruptcy. RSN's in general are struggling. They are no longer a guaranteed way to print money. There are fewer and fewer non-viewing subscribers covering the tiny number of actual viewers. The ever increasing costs have forced many people to cut the cord.

Story about alternate sources here:

https://cordcuttersnews.com/how-to-watch-bally-sports-rsns-now-that-comcast-is-dropping-the-local-rsns/

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I'm jumping in here to make my voice heard.

Bally is one of the biggest reasons I maintain Xfinity service. I don't want the "credit" you told me I'd get in an email today, I want you to get a deal done with Bally. And I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Suddenly, I can't watch the Tigers and I'm told I'll get a credit because of it??  Really??? This is a deal-breaker. If Xfinity doesn't get this deal done, I will no longer be an Xfinity customer. It's that simple.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Comcast reps said the upgrade cost for the sports like Bally was more than $50/month.

Cheapskates offering $8 - $10 refund.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I will be calling Comcast today to cancel service and sign up for DirectTV where Bally is still broadcast.   This is ridiculous.  I am so tired of these semi-monopolies arbitrarily discontinuing to broadcast channels when they can't negotiate terms.   Along with the multitude of streaming services I now have to subscribe to in order to watch the shows/events I want, I'm paying more than ever for home entertainment.  This has to stop.   Xfinity needs to get its act together.    Also, not sure if anyone has noticed, but I'm having a hard time finding contact information for anyone at Xfinity to whom I can formally submit a complaint.    Seems like everything is automated/self service.  I'm definitely not getting my $350 a month worth from these clowns.   

Contributor

• 

204 Messages

@miniappleman​ Comcast will be giving us very little. They will increase things like Mobile service and cell phone insurance just like the email I received from Comcast yesterday.

4 Messages

17 days ago

The unavailability of Bally Sports through our cable lineup with Xfinity/Comcast will definitely have us rethinking cable providers asap.  If there is no chance for this to be resolved we will have to go with a different provider, which we really hope not to have to do.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bally Sports

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_ohh173

Unfortunately, our programming agreement with DSG has expired. We have made a number of reasonable offers that DSG hasn't accepted. This means we no longer have the rights to carry their channels, including your local Bally Sports network. The loss of this channel will result in savings that we’ll pass along to you, and you’ll see an automatic credit in your bill in the coming weeks. 

Great sports programming, including NBA, NHL, and MLB national coverage, is still available with Xfinity. Just say “Sports” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to explore your options. You can also press “C” on your Xfinity Voice Remote to go to Sports Zone and see available sports content. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

Another thing that [Edited: "Language"] is that you can't even subscribe to Bally Sports+ and get the Braves.  Fubo here I come.

Official Employee

• 

671 Messages

@user_qv9f40​ I completely understand wanting to have access to the programming you want to watch. With us negotiating with channel providers, we do want to keep customers up to date on any changes to program agreements and hope to come to an agreement in the future. 

To check on programming agreement changes we did create a website you can view for updates: https://www.xfinity.com/programmingchanges

5 Messages

Once my contract is up with Xfinity, I will be looking elsewhere to watch or stream tv.  I'm not blaming wither party, but Xfinity clams that the deal Bally's is looking for is too much and that it's to our benefit.  Yet, come 2025, Xfinity will raise their costs. even after these continue to lose subscribers.  In a few years, everyone who left with Xfinity will continue to pay higher costs, so Xfinity can maintain their revenue flow with a smaller population. 

2 Messages

Agreed. I pay way too much for xfinity as it is, and the sole reason I’ve kept their service is for the Bally sports network. 

2 Messages

17 days ago

This isn't so much  a question as a statement. Bally is one of my top channels I watch. Without Bally as an option on Xfinity, I will look around to see what other options I have to watch my local sports teams. I obviously don't have any idea how far apart Xfinity was from Bally in getting a deal done, but this is a big loss for me. I'm very disappointed.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bally Sports

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

is there a plan to provide coverage for the atlanta braves?

4 Messages

I am extremely disappointed! I will be dropping my Xfinity service. I also pay an extra $39.47 per month for MLB extra innings, but the Braves games are blacked out, so it is useless. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Looking for new carrier with bally

3 Messages

Why is it that xfinity Comcast is only provider that couldn’t come to an agreement with Bally! Extremely livid with xfinity

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bally

2 Messages

Hey Xfinity.  Get back to work & figure out a deal with Bally Sports.  If I have to go to another provider to watch my sport programs, it will be at your expense, as I will be cutting the cord if I have to pay for yet another provider.

2 Messages

17 days ago

Work harder and come to an agreement with Bally Sports! Just one more reason to think about cutting cable!!!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

As a loyal 11+-year Platinum customer, I want to register a large protest that we have lost Bally Sports. I'm an Atlanta Braves fan, and access to their games is one of the primary reasons I stay with Xfinity. There has to be a viable solution to this problem. For the sake of your customers, get this worked out, please!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Agreed. I just lost my Tigers games. 

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

I've had this cable service for 36 years. I keep it to see Detroit Tigers and Wings. I have no use for anything else on their menu. I'll give them a week. Then I'll go to Direct tv. They seem to be able to negotiate a contract.

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

What Comcast isn't saying is whether they'll keep negotiating or are just giving up on carrying Bally's like Hulu Live and YoutubeTV did. Ballys did just get new contracts with DirecTV, Cox, and Charter so there are deals that they'll take. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

No Detroit Tiger games! I'm cancelling Comcast/Xfinity! BYE!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

16 days ago

Due to Comcast's decision to turn off Bally Sports I will now have to switch my elderly parents, long time customers of Comcast, who've never had a smartphone and rarely use the internet over to WOW so they can watch their beloved Detroit Tigers baseball games.  I surmise there are numerous other people in the same situation. 

This announced decision just shows how greedy Comcast is. I myself feel sorry for anyone who was watching a live event at the time when the feed went out.

If this issue isn't resolved by Comcast quickly I will also switch over to WOW if the price is right. I get enough fliers from them so I know I could get a good deal out of them.

Comcast: TURN BALLY SPORTS BACK ON OR LOSE MORE CUSTOMERS!

Jim

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bally Sports Detroit turned off, what about the elderly who never had smartphones!

2 Messages

Hey give Comcast a break. It’s hard to live on 45 billion in profits like they had last year. :/

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

I think they want to shed as many legacy cable TV customers as possible. Internet, especially business internet, is more lucrative with less overhead. 

6 Messages

In Detroit it is being reported that Comcast wants to move Bally Sports to a higher priced tier and Bally wants it left on the lower tier.  Comcast constantly removes channels, our package used to include starz, but raise rather than lower their rates.  The credit they are applying is the regional sports fee.  They are once again removing a channel without lowering the price of the cable package itself.  We are switching to Direct TV to see our beloved Tigers play.  Poor service and greed are the business model followed by Comcast.

4 Messages

16 days ago

I will be dropping Xfinity if they cannot get Bally sports back. I pay over $300 a month for this service, and I watch every Braves game. Bally sports is the only reason I have the cable service. I even pay the premium for MLB extra innings, but the Braves games are blacked on that service because of the agreement with Bally. This is terrible for Xfinity customers and baseball fans. I am very angry and disappointed. 

5 Messages

They cut off the Preds game in the Third period. It wasn’t even midnight, Just shut it down mid game. So disappointed in them. and can’t talk to anyone about it just get voice mail run around.  

5 Messages

They're not gonna lower the price that much. Angry cause they cut off mid game.

Usually when channel and provider have these disputes. There's announcements ahead of time both parties stating their case, Nothing This time just channel gone. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

As a long-time Comcast customer, I am extremely upset by Xfinity's decision to cut their RSN feed of Bally Sports Detroit. I have remained with Comcast/Infinity for TV viewing, despite the high cost, because of certain programming options that includes access to Detroit Tigers & Red Wing games. I believe in supporting our local broadcast teams over MLB that have no connection to our city. Cutting ties because you cannot come to a mutual agreement on your carrier fees in such a large sports community as Detroit and its surrounding areas is unacceptable. If Xfinity cannot resolve this issue shortly, I will be cutting my ties with your services.  Xfinity has been steadily losing customers, so you cannot convince me that it cannot find a cost/benefit relationship to working out a mutually agreed upon arrangement going forward with Bally Sports as it meanders its way through their current financial crisis. The loss of revenue in just the Metro Detroit area, caused by additional customers canceling their services, when there are so many other TV viewing options available today is in my opinion (as a person with a business management degree) a flawed business strategy that misunderstands the company's viewing audience and their demands. 

2 Messages

Dropping my cable because of this. The only thing YouTubeTv doesn’t have is Regional Sports Networks. Now that you stupidly took away your one advantage, there is zero reason to give you any money. Bye Xfinity!

Contributor

• 

589 Messages

Just like Comcast won't partner with Paramount + to give Xfinity Showtime subscribers full access to Paramount +

2 Messages

16 days ago

Shame on you for not coming to terms with Bally Sports. I don't want your credit, I want to be able to watch the Tigers. Get it together or I may have to drop my service.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bally Detroit Sports

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_c5yilg Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I am sorry for the inconvenience this channel change has caused you and your family. The expiration of the agreement is due to the inability to reach a fair agreement with Diamond Sports Group, which is currently in bankruptcy proceedings. Other channels carry the programming that was on Bally. Xfinity offers a range of alternative content that may offer similar viewing options and programming such as MLB Tonight, NBA TV, NFL Network, NHL Network, and more. These channels offer live games, shows, news, and highlights related to their respective sports to watch programming similar to what was on Bally.

2 Messages

Cannot believe Comcast has taken away Bally Sports Detroit. This is one of the main reasons I have maintained cable TV service. I'm signing up for the one-week Fubu trial and if BSD isn't back by the time it ends, I'm canceling my cable package and moving to Fubo.

4 Messages

16 days ago

Xfinity needs to get Bally Sports back.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

13 days ago

It is unacceptable that the Braves are not available to watch. I have had Comcast/Xfinity since moving to GA 20 years ago. My current contract expires in July and I am now seriously considering streaming options.  

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Atlanta Braves

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

13 days ago

As a long time Xfinity customer, I'm angry, appalled and deeply disappointed losing Braves game coverage on a sports channel going through bankruptcy proceedings. Yes I read about it. Remembering back in the day when the Braves were on TBS which is based in Atlanta. I don't see why they can't have the rights to the Braves. Shame on both Xfinity and Bally who can't come to an agreement and tend to point fingers at each other. Customers who will get $8-$10 credit on their monthly bill isn't going to make it better, and Bally should terminate their rights to all sports televised since they're facing bankruptcy. Hopefully in the near future Xfinity customers can pick up the Braves coverage again. 🤞 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Bally sports [Edited]

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Agreed!! Not happy at all and an xfinity customer forover 20 years

6 Messages

Comcast is 100% to blame here. Bally and AT&T, Spectrum and a host of smaller providers are still airing Bally channels. Bally has contracts with 11 MLB teams to broadcast games.

the only answer here is to move to another provider or just cancel Comcast out of spite. Greedy corporations.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Possibly Comcast does not realize the extensiveness of "Braves County". I have been a customer for about 25 years but will change providers if this is not resolved expeditiously. It is intolerable that such a huge viewer group is denied access to the Braves....a lack of public responsibility. 

2 Messages

Agree that this was a horrible decision by Comcast - I understand decisions need to be made from a business perspective but I am terribly disappointed thiw Comcast has handled this. They knew long before they announced what action they were going to take and should have notified their customers so we could take steps to continue to have Braves coverage- guess they think they are too big to be worried. If not resolved , hope many of us do take the steps to cancel Xfinity cable service

2 Messages

Everyone is saying Bally is to blame, but I have to agree. This isn't the first time there has been a dispute and xfinity involved. 

3 Messages

13 days ago

If they don't bring it back within the next week - I can cancelling by services

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Why did Xfinity drop Bally Sports

2 Messages

9 days ago

Xfinity is refusing to discuss an agreement that would bring Bally Sports channels back on the air. Fans are the ones paying the price - they took our games away and we are left unable to watch our favorite teams.   There is a simple solution: Xfinity should come to the table like Charter, Cox and DirecTV have all done recently, and bring our teams back on the air.   I'm writing as a sports fan to urge Xfinity to make a fair deal with Diamond Sports Group and let’s get back to watching the games and teams we love.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Ballys

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

When 2 elephants fight (Diamond/Comcast) the grass loses (Sports fans)

2 Messages

I am looking to part ways with Xfinity if they can't work this out in the next few days! So disappointed in their actions to not leave Bally on the air while they negotiate.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

For every sports fanatic that leaves over this, Comcast has a better reason to NOT make a deal with Bally. Plus, they will probably retain hundreds more who will like the $8-$10 discount for a channel they NEVER watched.

3 Messages

9 days ago

Extremely disappointed Xfinity is no longer showing Bally Sports. Considering cancelling my service.

2 Messages

I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for 30 years.  They have always been a aggravating company to deal with.  If they don't start showing Bally Sports soon, I will be done with Xfinity.

2 Messages

I am about two days away from cancelling. Will cancel cable and internet just because they lost Bally's. They blame it on Diamond Sports group but, if they wanted to, they could make a deal.

2 Messages

I'll give Comcast a week to get baseball back on, and then it is off to another service. This is simply ridiculous. The only sport I regularly try to follow is Braves baseball. Bally is one of perhaps a half-dozen channels that we even care about. 

Official Employee

• 

943 Messages

Hello @user_d4o4r5, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Comcast pays programmers to bring our customers the entertainment, information, and sports they want. We work to negotiate fair terms in order to ensure the greatest value for our customers given all the ways content can be accessed today. Unfortunately, our programming agreement with DSG has expired. We have made a number of reasonable offers that DSG hasn't accepted. We’ve been flexible with DSG, who is in bankruptcy proceedings, but have been unable to reach an agreement that’s fair for our customers. This means we no longer have the rights to carry their channels, including your local Bally Sports network. The loss of this channel will result in savings that we’ll pass along to you, and you’ll see an automatic credit in your bill in the coming weeks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Great sports programming, including NBA, NHL, and MLB national coverage, is still available with Xfinity, user_1bskzm.  Just say “Sports” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to explore your options. You can also press “C” on your Xfinity Voice Remote to go to Sports Zone and see available sports content.  Nationally televised games will continue to be carried by TBS, FOX, CBS, FS1, MAX, ESPN and Apple TV. Check your local listings for upcoming games or contests.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here