CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

Hi Gwen, 

I responded to your question via Private Message more than 4 days ago. Did you get it?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

After reading this I removed the amplifier and replaced with the splitter. Both mini boxes worked
Great Job

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I need help from a real person that KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! So frustrated. After I called Comcast and got an upgrade on our equipment they switched us to X1. We received the boxes and I installed them on my own.

The main box in our living room is perfect. No issues. The secondary box in the bedroom would not work. Constant error message RDK-0306. Called Comcast and they suggested I go pick up another box. Did that. Same problem. Called again and they sent a tech out 5 days later. They stayed here about an hour trying to figure out what the problem was. Finally figure out it was the "type" of box in the bedroom. Switched it out and all was well. No issues at all. We could see all shows on both boxes in both rooms.

Until three days later that is. We have the new boxes where you can watch all your shows in any room. On Monday most of the shows my husband records would not show up on the DVR in the bedroom. I could see them on the main DVR, but not in the bedroom. Grrrrrrrrr......So I call them again. Talk to three different reps because they had to keep escalating the call. Finally get to the last rep and he does all of his tests that never work. He tells me he has no idea why it isn't working. As we sit in silence I say, Hey since the problem is the DVRs are not syncing properly why don't you just send me a new box. I want one just like the main box we have in our living room. We can record separately. I don't need to see all of my shows in every room. We didn't have it like that before and if this is the only way to make it work we can do that. My husband can record his stuff on one DVR and I will record mine on the other. However, I DO NOT want to be charged $20 a month for an extra box since this is not my issue. I have been round and round trying to get this to work. Even had  a tech come out and it still isn't working properly. He agrees and puts me on hold to see what he can do.

He puts me on hold forever. Finally comes back and says that is a good solution as long as I am fine with not being able to watch the shows in any room. I agree. I make sure at least three times he knows that I want another MAIN Box. The same EXACT box as the one that we have in the living room. I do not want a companion box because this will happen again. Please send me another MAIN BOX. He assures me that is what he is doing.  We wait three days for the box to arrive. What do you think is in the box??!! A companion box. SERIOUSLY??!!!! WTH!!!!!

We plug it in just to see what happens and guess what same exact problem as the first box. Error message RDK-0306. Same exact error message as the first mini box. It will not connect. So we plugged in the old box and just like before my husband can not see his recordings in the bedroom.  I have no words. I am SO FRUSTRATED. I have been on the phone with Comcast at least 15 times over the last two weeks. I don't even know what to do now cause if I get on the phone with them again I think I am going to lose it completely. I am officially out of patience. 

Can anyone help me? Why is it so difficult to sync the boxes and what is the problem with just sending me another box like the one in our living room. It is convenient to see all the shows in any room, but if it doesn't work just send me another DVR MAIN BOX!!!!!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

also, what equipment do you have? How many DVRs, how many companions? Are any of the set top boxes about the size of a pack of cigarettes (DTA)?

is the code 03036? if so, do you have a comcast gateway/modem? If so, is there an LED illuminated on the back (wiring side) of the gateway?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Angela32073 wrote:

I need help from a real person that KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! So frustrated. After I called Comcast and got an upgrade on our equipment they switched us to X1. We received the boxes and I installed them on my own.

The main box in our living room is perfect. No issues. The secondary box in the bedroom would not work. Constant error message RDK-0306. Called Comcast and they suggested I go pick up another box. Did that. Same problem. Called again and they sent a tech out 5 days later. They stayed here about an hour trying to figure out what the problem was. Finally figure out it was the "type" of box in the bedroom. Switched it out and all was well. No issues at all. We could see all shows on both boxes in both rooms.

Until three days later that is. We have the new boxes where you can watch all your shows in any room. On Monday most of the shows my husband records would not show up on the DVR in the bedroom. I could see them on the main DVR, but not in the bedroom. Grrrrrrrrr......So I call them again. Talk to three different reps because they had to keep escalating the call. Finally get to the last rep and he does all of his tests that never work. He tells me he has no idea why it isn't working. As we sit in silence I say, Hey since the problem is the DVRs are not syncing properly why don't you just send me a new box. I want one just like the main box we have in our living room. We can record separately. I don't need to see all of my shows in every room. We didn't have it like that before and if this is the only way to make it work we can do that. My husband can record his stuff on one DVR and I will record mine on the other. However, I DO NOT want to be charged $20 a month for an extra box since this is not my issue. I have been round and round trying to get this to work. Even had  a tech come out and it still isn't working properly. He agrees and puts me on hold to see what he can do.

He puts me on hold forever. Finally comes back and says that is a good solution as long as I am fine with not being able to watch the shows in any room. I agree. I make sure at least three times he knows that I want another MAIN Box. The same EXACT box as the one that we have in the living room. I do not want a companion box because this will happen again. Please send me another MAIN BOX. He assures me that is what he is doing.  We wait three days for the box to arrive. What do you think is in the box??!! A companion box. SERIOUSLY??!!!! WTH!!!!!

We plug it in just to see what happens and guess what same exact problem as the first box. Error message RDK-0306. Same exact error message as the first mini box. It will not connect. So we plugged in the old box and just like before my husband can not see his recordings in the bedroom.  I have no words. I am SO FRUSTRATED. I have been on the phone with Comcast at least 15 times over the last two weeks. I don't even know what to do now cause if I get on the phone with them again I think I am going to lose it completely. I am officially out of patience. 

Can anyone help me? Why is it so difficult to sync the boxes and what is the problem with just sending me another box like the one in our living room. It is convenient to see all the shows in any room, but if it doesn't work just send me another DVR MAIN BOX!!!!!

Have you tried moving the dvr ( that you know works) temporarily into the bedroom and the second box into the living room and see if you get the same errors. That will tell you if it's box issues or interior cable issues. 

If if you had a second dvr, it wouldn't work the way you want it to, you will see all recordings on both DVRs, there's no option to separate.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Zip Code 18643.

Ch 789 & 790 are my two HD MLB Extra Innings channels. They are both listed on the guide.
789 works.
790 doesnt work.

If 790 isn't available/active in my market for some reason, is there any way to get it removed from the guide? It causes recording and auto switching to HD errors.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Or if I am supposed to get it and its just not activated for some reason, can someone activate so I can at least get two HD channels?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
Zip Code 18643.

Ch 789 & 790 are my two HD MLB Extra Innings channels. They are both listed on the guide.
789 works.
790 doesnt work.

If 790 isn't available/active in my market for some reason, is there any way to get it removed from the guide? It causes recording and auto switching to HD errors.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Channels 789 and 790 are both expected to be available in your area for MLB Extra Innings HD.

I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Problem Solver

• 

2.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hello Harbzilla,

My apologies for your service issues. Upon review of your account, I see that you have a service appointment scheduled for this morning between 8:00 am - 10:00 am. Please let us know if your appointment resolves your service issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

For the last two weeks, my box has been restarting on its own, or the picture freezes up. My internet will randomly go offline as well. In some cases when I hit guide on the remote, I'll get a RDK-03032 error. I'll reset the box, it will work for a bit, and then go back down. Any idea on how I can fix this? Been in the same house for a year, and outside of the occasional outages, nothing like this has happened.

Thanks!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Mattrparisi wrote:
For the last two weeks, my box has been restarting on its own, or the picture freezes up. My internet will randomly go offline as well. In some cases when I hit guide on the remote, I'll get a RDK-03032 error. I'll reset the box, it will work for a bit, and then go back down. Any idea on how I can fix this? Been in the same house for a year, and outside of the occasional outages, nothing like this has happened.

Thanks!!

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Apartment, and have been at the same one for a year this month. Never had this issue, until recently. Difficult to work with Comcast over the phone as it seems it starts working when I finally get connected to someone. They want to send a tech out, but want to charge me $39 to do so. I'm hoping there's something I can do before someone has to come out here.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Mattrparisi wrote:

Thanks!!

the same code would appear if you completely disconnected the cable at the box where it comes into your home. Are you in an apartment/condo by chance?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Mattrparisi wrote:

Thanks!!

Signal levels to both your modem and your X1 box are way out of spec, and would be behind the issues you're having. If you get the Service Protection Plan and keep it for 60 days, you won't be charged for a service call if it's an interior cable issue.

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

8 years ago

I live in a small condo building and this pixelation issue has been going on intermittently since April. There are about 10 other units experiencing the same problem. It also impacts the internet speed and causes dropped calls. Comcast has been out here on a weekly basis and says everything is fine. Last week a guy came out and said everything looked fine when my neighbors Internet was completely down. Such a joke!!! How does one get someone high up in a management position to oversee that this gets fixed properly? The president of our condo association is amazing but he can only take so much of random red shirts showing up at all hours unannounced with no appointments. 

No one wants to pay for service that doesn't work, especially when it's clear that the problem is on their end. There's jitter on the lines and the RF signals are low. Any suggestions before our building switches cable providers? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here