JLP57's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Why has the amber LED on my X1 DVR been on recently while watching TV?

During the last few days when watching TV , the amber LED on my DVR comes on and stays on. Any ideas why?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Did either read the post directly above yours that is the answer, that it’s a known issue. Don’t worry about it.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same problem with the amber light by data on contantly.  They rebooted but nothing happened.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Going to the device light area and setting to off thrn reseting to 1 Worked! Thanks

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Update to my prior post. Turning the clock light off will eliminate the amber light, BUT it returns when  box is turned on the next day.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Yup.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same with me. Goes away with reboot. On again in AM

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This Data light has also been on my box for a couple weeks and now, at this very moment, I can’t get the box to turn on. I know I can probably unplug and wait a few, then plug it back in but I have programs recording now and I don’t want them interrupted. If this is an issue with older model boxes why won’t you send out new boxes? Especially to long time loyal customers who pay each and every month, only to have issues almost each and every month?

And as for your solutions to the light:
“ A few things below:

- As we use RF Pairing for our X1 boxes and remote controls, the box needn’t be visible at all; the XG1 can be completely hidden from view.

- Setting the Device Lights setting to zero or off will turn the light off.

- Some customers have also reported that they got the light to stay off after turning off Power Saver feature”

Putting the box in a cabinet or, say, behind a book so we can’t see the light would be like your check engine light coming on and your putting a piece of tape over it to hide the fact there is something wrong. Turning the device lights to zero is another quick fix we shouldn’t have to do. Also, the option to turn off power saver to get the light to stay off... are you serious?! So let’s leave this box that already uses more electricity than most modern appliances, modems, and other streaming devices use, on 24/7 all the while it sits here on our shelves getting hot and constantly making a humming sound and this is the solution? Come on!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@mburke2x wrote:
This Data light has also been on my box for a couple weeks and now, at this very moment, I can’t get the box to turn on. I know I can probably unplug and wait a few, then plug it back in but I have programs recording now and I don’t want them interrupted. If this is an issue with older model boxes why won’t you send out new boxes? Especially to long time loyal customers who pay each and every month, only to have issues almost each and every month?

And as for your solutions to the light:
“ A few things below:

- As we use RF Pairing for our X1 boxes and remote controls, the box needn’t be visible at all; the XG1 can be completely hidden from view.

- Some customers have also reported that they got the light to stay off after turning off Power Saver feature”

Putting the box in a cabinet or, say, behind a book so we can’t see the light would be like your check engine light coming on and your putting a piece of tape over it to hide the fact there is something wrong. Turning the device lights to zero is another quick fix we shouldn’t have to do. Also, the option to turn off power saver to get the light to stay off... are you serious?! So let’s leave this box that already uses more electricity than most modern appliances, modems, and other streaming devices use, on 24/7 all the while it sits here on our shelves getting hot and constantly making a humming sound and this is the solution? Come on!

Apologies. We can certainly arrange to get you a newer replacement X1 box that doesn't have this light .

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST or stop by any of our retail stores to swap out the box.  Closest one to you listed below 

338 S Main Street
Marion, VA 24354
HOURS Mon - Fri: 10:00am - 6:00pm

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This worked for me! Thanks! (10/9/19)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Turning Device lights settings to 1 worked, Light is gone. Thank you!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Mine has done the same thing. No messages. No notifications. Nothing. Just a dang annoying orange light.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Me too.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@EliseR wrote:
Mine has done the same thing. No messages. No notifications. Nothing. Just a dang annoying orange light.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that was described above.

Our teams are aware of this occurring on certain older models and versions of the X1 boxes. The teams are still reviewing the root cause.

A few things below:

- As we use RF Pairing for ourX1 boxes and remote controls, the box needn’t be visible at all; theXG1 can be completely hidden from view.

- Some customers have also reported that they got the light to stay off after turning off Power Saver feature.

- Another option would be to swap your X1 box for a more recent model where this is not an issue.  You can do that at any of our retail locations or contact us via chat or phone and we can get a replacement box shipped out to you.

Retail store locations and hours: https:/wwwwxfinityy.com/local/

Chat:  https:/wwwwxfinityy.com/support/contact-us 

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for this issue.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Thank you. That worked!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

amber light stays on and can not shut off.  How do I shut off?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here