jmack02465's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 21st, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

TV won't rewind, pause, etc..

For the past few days all of my set top boxes display a message stating "this set top box doesn't support it" when trying to pause, rewind, etc... With live TV. If I reboot the set top box the functionality returns temporarily. Is there a permanent fix for this or are my X1 boxes defective?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

Yes restarting your box fixes it... temporarily 😠 and don't bother getting a new box, same thing happens 😠

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

It's not the remote, received a new remote when I exchanged the box, still does it 

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

I have the XR15 now, I did have the XR11, it did it with both. If you reboot it's good for awhile, new box, old box, new remote, old remote, can't pause live TV, reboot, fine for a few days. It's been happening for months now.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

It's definitely NOT the remote.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

we are paying way too much money to have to be frustrated and aggrivated.  It does it, then it doesn't do it...   can't get things off the screen, can't "pause" when IT'S A MUST that we do, won't rewind or fast forward (live tv, no pause, no rewind)  .More and more lately of something and it's  got to be fixed or they are gonna lose a very very long time customer.  

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

@froghotdog my thoughts exactly! So done!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@froghotdog wrote:

we are paying way too much money to have to be frustrated and aggrivated.  It does it, then it doesn't do it...   can't get things off the screen, can't "pause" when IT'S A MUST that we do, won't rewind or fast forward (live tv, no pause, no rewind)  .More and more lately of something and it's  got to be fixed or they are gonna lose a very very long time customer.  

hi, what is the model number? the X1 set top boxes have a memory card in them that allow pause of live TV.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben Same problem here, won't pause live TV, model PX022ANM, this is a replacement box I've had a few weeks, the last one had the same problem and it worked fine for years. There's no difference from the old box to the new box, same issue. This pause/rewind problem has been intermittent for months now.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@MissDawn1 wrote:

@Rustyben Same problem here, won't pause live TV, model PX022ANM, this is a replacement box I've had a few weeks, the last one had the same problem and it worked fine for years. There's no difference from the old box to the new box, same issue. This pause/rewind problem has been intermittent for months now.

that xg2 does have the pause function. view an on-demand and pause. does that work? (it sounds like your memory card is not working). 

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben 

@Rustyben wrote:

@MissDawn1 wrote:

that xg2 does have the pause function. view an on-demand and pause. does that work? (it sounds like your memory card is not working). 

Yes, pause and rewind works on demand.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@MissDawn1 wrote:

@Rustyben 

@Rustyben wrote:

@MissDawn1 wrote:

Yes, pause and rewind works on demand.

that proves the remote button for pause is ok as on-demand doens't use the memory card. time to swap again. ask the xfinity store to test the xg2 if possible in their store to be sure the pause is working since you have had repeat issues.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Reboot fixed it. Thanks.

The chat-bot was useless when I tried to ask the question there.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

how about the PXD01ANI_3.8p6s_PROD_sdy

just started happening with smaller boxes (main box is in another room)

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@paulsumm wrote:

how about the PXD01ANI_3.8p6s_PROD_sdy

just started happening with smaller boxes (main box is in another room)

were you watching on-demand or live TV? what happens when you hit pause?

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

It's a temporary fix. I've had different 3 boxes, rebooted many times, it still happens here and there. It's an Xfinity issue along with other issues that happen here and there. I gave up, someday it might get permanently fixed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here