Community Forum

Someone else’s recordings showing on my account!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Someone else’s recordings showing on my account!

Hi @Tek 

So sorry this is happening again, it is a very inconvenient situation. Can you confirm whether this is happening both on your X1 box and on stream?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Tek
Yes, my issue was resolved, but they told me that we did the “heavy lifting” for them by making the connection of who the two parties were. We were dealing with engineering. They tried a number of different things , nothing worked, so they deleted all my devices, all their devices, wiped out all passwords, cleared all histories, turned off any auto fill passwords, Etc. Then we had to add all devices back, reinstall the Stream app and manually log all devices back in. So far, so good. I know how frustrating it is. My problem was ongoing for months.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ComcastCesar it is on all boxes and the stream app, but the recordings on the box play in the cloud when  I play them.  The channles are are recorded from are not even the same channel line-up for the 6 surrounding towns. Clearly COLORADO again and not Massachusetts. 

The Executive Offices are already involved and have escalated a ticket to National Tier 3 support due to the fact that this is now almost 7 months old from the very first occurence (even before I posted here). 

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

Ok, I will file a separate ticket on your behalf just in case.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ComcastCesar I would rather wait. I don't want to confuse the process as I have the new ticket number. They said they are working on it. If I don't get anywhere I will post back..

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @Tek ,

I managed to get my escalation resolved on your behalf. It appears that your nDVR account was indeed linked to another account (one specific device) in the Colorado region, the device has been removed and your account has been updated to reflect its actual location.

Somebody will reach out to you, likely via phone, to validate and confirm resolution, so be on the lookout!

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Hello @ComcastCesar

They did say this happened before and it was unlinked, but then happened again. Also, what is a nDVR?

How does this happen to begin with?

I would be very very excited if this was fixed for good.

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

I am unsure what was done previously, but this time we were able to find the source of the issue.

nDVR is the networkDVR your account belongs to, think of it as a cluster of recordings from many accounts. Yours was previously assigned to the nDVR in Colorado, hence why you were getting all those random recordings. Now, you should be a member of the appropriate cluster, and since the device that kept resurfacing and reverting your membership to Colorado has been removed from your account, we are hopeful this will not be an issue for you moving forward.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ComcastCesar

My cloud / Stream. Including my scheduled recordings and previous recordings are all gone?

I can see them on my DVR in home, but not on Stream?

Will they come back? EDIT: The scheduled recordings are back.  My recordings are missing from the cloud still, but I watch them on the box. I just recorded a new one and it showed in stream. So eventually it will just catch up again. 

The random recordings are gone from my DVR. Which is good because this did not happen the last time.

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

Moving forward, all your new scheduled recordings will be available both local and on stream. Sadly, however, in order to solve your specific issue, previous cloud recordings had to be purged.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ComcastCesar 

The scheduled recordings have synced back to my Stream App and Cloud. I am fine with not having any previous Cloud recorings if this is fixed.

I am sending you a quick private message to ask something else. 

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ComcastCesar 

This is happening again! I did a System Refresh today and they all showed back up in my cloud again! I cannot take much more of this. 8 Months of this is getting out of control.

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Anyway to get @ComcastCares employees involved in this again? Many of these recordings are inappropriate and I have children in the house. Because they recorded on a system in Colorado and not Massachusetts the box cannot parental control them. 

In addition this started in January 2020 and as of August I am 8 months into dealing with this problem. I have been told 4 times it has been fixed for it only to happen again. 

Somebody needs to get this escalated to the higher ups. 

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

No reply on this yet. 8 months of inappropriate recordings showing up on my box.

Yet, no solution and hours and hours of support calls. Two decades with Comcast. It is a shame.

Tek
Highlighted
Contributor

I would say go to the ‘Recorded On:’ list and see if there is any box in there that isnt yours. Like how you said you have 3 boxes, if there are 4 boxes showing, then someone elses box might accidentally be added to your account.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

They checked all that. There is some type of connection in the cloud DVR. Engineering is still working on it. However, 8 months of this is getting old. Yesterday, I did a System Refresh and it added a bunch of local news recordings from Denver Colorado. I live in New England.

The recordings only exist in the cloud, but show in my box. If change my Saved screen to recorded on they don't show.

But every time it happens it wipes my cloud out and leaves me only with my recordings on my local DVR.

I called the Executive Offices of Comcast and they are extremely concerned and have been working directly with National Engineering.

In the meantime, I have been using YouTube TV because I do fear this may never be fixed. If it is not resolved this time then I am going to cancel everything except Internet and just use You Tube TV.

It is a shame because I have been with Comcast for 20 years. I prefer cable over the streaming experience.

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Executive Offices e-mailed me last night. Said this was fixed. 24 hours later the other accounts recordings are back on my box. 

My local news station is interested in doing a Solve It story on this. Maybe Comcast will fix this if the media has it on their local station in a major city.

8.5 Months of this. Enough is enough Xfinity! 

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @Tek sorry to hear this issue came back. I am reaching out to the engineering team responsible for it and see what we can find out this time. My fault for not getting back to you before.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I have been communicating with the Executive Officer since the end of July. The rep emailed me last night who I have been dealing and said Engineering fixed the problem. Delete all the scheduled recordings and DVR Recordings that were not mine. 

This problem is ALWAYS TRIGGERED by a SYSTEM REFRESH or BOX REBOOT. Last night at 8PM my box had only my stuff on it. This afternoon we intentionally rebooted the box to see if the recordings would appear. Once the reboot happened my scheduled recordings were gone and flooded with the test account again. 

I e-mailed it to the rep at the Executive Office, but I am beyond mad at this point. I have tried to be patience with this, but I cannot be anymore. 

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ComcastCesar can I send you the PDF showing my box flooded with the other accounts recordings again? 

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

Sure, you can DM me

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ComcastCesar sent and I also included who has been helping my locally in the Executive Office. They don't seem to have a direct line of communication with Engineering, but have made every attempt to help, but that goes back to June 29th. 

Tek
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just as an FYI to you I am having the same issues - recordings I have never even heard of (some in a language I do not speak) appear on my box and shows I actually recorded and want to watch are deleted and I can't find them on demand, etc.  It is very frustrating!  I too have spent countless hours on the phone with Xfinity "customer service" only to be told they don't know how to resolve the issue.  For the price they charge for their equipment, etc. it should never be necessary to do maintenance of any type.  I feel your pain - I am in the same situation as you.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@winger1960 Well you came to the right place because this is the only place I have recieved help on fixing this. They made changes to my account on Friday and we waiting to see if it fixes it.

One thing to check is do the recordings from the other account match your channel line-up? For exmaple, I have recordings from a CBS Station in Colorado and I live in New England. The reason I ask as my troubleshooting started with a MoCA Filter, which was not it. However, if you have a bad MoCA filter then you would be getting your neighbors recordings.

Mine are coming from another state halfway accross the USA. This started in January 2020 for me and was blamed on all types of things. Finally, Advanced Repair acknowledged what it really was. 

None the less, engineering Has made 3-4 attempts to repair my account without success. Hoping they get it this time. 

The only reason I have not left X1 TV is because I love it too much. However, the attempt they are making right now is my last. I am going on 9 full months of dealing with this and my family is ready to throw in the towel if it is not fixed this time. 

All I want is it fixed so I can go back to enjoying X1. Sadly, in our new COVID world it is my families only form of entertainment with some many things closed. 

Tek
Highlighted
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If someone knows how to escalate this issue, I would appreciate the help.  I am having the same problem, and the phone support did not help.    My online streaming application shows dozens of recordings that don't belong to me, but the cable boxes are not affected (yet).   It sounds like the problem requires an advanced level of support from Comcast to correct.  If someone could help me make that connection, I would appreciate it.  

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Do they match your channel line-up? In other words, if the recordings is on channel 805 is your 805 is the same network as what the cloud states?

Also, in my case a system refresh would cause them to show in the box. 

Tek
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No, they don't match the local line-up.  For example, Meet the Press is Channel 106 in my area, but the recording was on Channel 708.   I emailed one of the Comcast Employees who had commented on this subject, and they are escalating the problem for me.     The problem is not only annoying, but it also raises concerns about privacy and security.    I hope they can resolve it quickly.   

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Is it happening in the Mobile Stream App as well as the Web Site Stream App?

Have you tried running a system refresh by pressing the A Button on the remote and selecting System Refresh from your main DVR?

Occassionally, it would clear mine, but other times it would cause more to show. 

Any of the recordings similar to the ones in my first post about this in this thread? 

Tek
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, Ridiculousness was recorded numerous times.    I'm adverse to trying things on my end at this point in fear of making it worse.   The television boxes don't appear corrupted yet.    I'll give it a day or so.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

That is the same show that has been constant during the last 8 months of me having this problem. They believe they solved it minus a glitch with the mobile app showing some of these from the other account.

Very strange you are in the same situation as me...

Another recording is Blue Bloods and then a ton recorded by actor or actress.

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello Tek. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can help submit an Advanced Repair ticket for you so our advanced repair team can look into getting this fixed for you. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and service address so I can access your account. 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@ComcastJoeTru I am already being helped by @ComcastCesar and they may have solved my problem. We are just doing some testing to confirm. I do believe the other posters on here still need help. 

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

FWIW - I am also looking into assisting @StormChaser904 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Fantastic, thanks for the reply and letting me know. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue - it has been occurring for several months.  The DVR has recordings of shows I do not watch and deletes things I have scheduled, recorded, but not yet viewed.  This is getting to be very frustrating.  The box is currently at about 37 percent full but if this keeps happening it will be 100 percent full and delete even more of my shows since whoever is recording is doing so in HD (something I never do to conserve space).  Please resolve this issue or send the information to someone who can!  I have called and talked to Xfinity with no solution.   If I want to catch the deleted episodes I am forced to sit through commercials (and some of them are not available "on demand").  The DVR is also recording episodes that are repeats (previously aired) even though I have it set up to record only new episodes.   And I have changed my password several times and there is no one else with access to my account.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The recordings do seem to be our local stations.  I can only check the newest added since I have been deleting the others when they pop up.  Thanks for the input.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @winger1960 

I will create an internal ticket for this issue on your behalf, and will let you know once we have updates as to what might be causing these issues for you.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you.

Highlighted
Contributor

If someone from Comcast can help me with this same exact issue that has reappeared again for me. 

This just started tonight, October 23.

I have other people's recordings, favorites and a different guide showing up for me online on the Xfinity Stream Website.

Please resolve this issue.

Thank you.