Tek's profile

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

Saturday, March 28th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Someone else’s recordings showing on my account!

This is the second time this has happened in the last two months. Out of nowhere, my DVR (both on the physical box and Stream App) is showing somebody else's recordings.  My box is now flooded with shows that recorded days ago, which were not there this morning.

Clearly something is mixed-up as these have no series recordings and suddenly appeared tonight after I did a SYSTEM REFRESH. 

1. Online in STREAM only shows somebody else DVR recordings and scheduled recordings. None of my scheduled recordings or recorings are showing.

2. On my DVR this other person's recordings and scheduled recordings are MERGED with my stuff on the box.

3. None of the SCHEDULED recordings have any Series Recordings on my box. 

Phone support was useless. All they did was have unplug the box. What do I do? I have tons of recordings scheduled that are not mine! 

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

Long story short, my account is somehow linked with somebody on the other side of the United States. Engineering is involved and they are trying to figure out how and why...

About 6-7 total hours on the phone today. 8 if you count waiting for call backs. 

Never seen anything like it in my life, but the Advanced Repair Tech is very helpful.

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

I have been on the phone from 9AM till 7PM with various Comcast Tech support. FINALLY, I was sent to ADVANCED REPAIR and they have determined somebody at COMCAST transferred somebody eleses recordings to MY ACCOUNT!

This is the second time this has happened since 2/11. Unacceptable. Yet, they don't know why. Advanced Repair has been very helpful. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

Note: combined the two similar threads.

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

Ever heard of this before?

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

Waiting for engineers.  I guess this is happening in multiple places. 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

Yup, it's rare but it happens, sadly. Seems like you even checked your MoCA filter which would have been my other suggestion. Are you all fixed up at this time anyways or still waiting for the engineering team to resolve? 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

😁

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

I had to get escalated to Advanced Repair and then Engineering. Finally, it was acknowledge as a system issue and fixed. However, I had to spend hours on the phone. The first people I talked to blamed me, somebody in my house, and so on. It was the most frustrating experience on 20 years with Comcast.

Sometimes official employees on here can bypass all the craziness of rebooting boxes and such.

Do not delete the recordings. If you do they cannot back trace the problem.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

How did they solve this for you?  I am having the same problem, except my DVR is fine.  It's my stream app that keeps showing recordings that I did not record, series recordings, watched shows, etc are all not mine!,  I keep deleting them, but they keep re-recording them.  Really frustrating!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Ok thanks. I will try to get straight to advanced repair/engineering. I don’t worry about deleting any of the recordings because every time I delete them, they’re back in there in less than 24 hours- maybe not the same exact ones, but there are a TON! And series recordings too. But my xfinity streaming app does not match my physical dvr info, so I have no idea what’s going on. Occasionally there is also another device logged on and I have no idea who it is. Very frustrating!!!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mrszuhwiggins wrote:
Ok thanks. I will try to get straight to advanced repair/engineering. I don’t worry about deleting any of the recordings because every time I delete them, they’re back in there in less than 24 hours- maybe not the same exact ones, but there are a TON! And series recordings too. But my xfinity streaming app does not match my physical dvr info, so I have no idea what’s going on. Occasionally there is also another device logged on and I have no idea who it is. Very frustrating!!!

are you in a condo/duplex/apartment housing arrangement?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

No, single family home spaces about 2 acres apart from each other

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

4 years ago

Unless you recently changed your wiring or config at your house then it is not a MOCA filter issue. Per the executive offices and engineering this was a known software glitch in the X1 system and is obviously happening again to somebody else. The front line support will blame it on everything but that. You need to get to higher tiers that have visibility to this stuff. 

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi,

@mrszuhwiggins have you had any luck with this yet? If not, let me know and I can try to get it into the right hands. The fact that is only happening on the app makes it a bit different than Tek's

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCesar  No, I have not had any success with this issue.  Ongoing for months now.  Have called a few times, gotten hung up on, told to change my passwords, told to reboot, told to log out and log back in, etc. etc.  but nothing so far has solved the problem.  I'd appreciate it if you could put me in touch with the right people.  Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here