Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello All, 

We are currently experiencing a temporary issue with viewing some DVR recordings on X1 in your area. We are aware of this issue and are working as quickly as possible to resolve it. No DVR recordings will be lost due to this issue. Please try again tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

One of the DRV boxes starting having issues last week.  The playback on one of my boxes skips/is choppy.  what do I need to do to fix this?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@LORSULA wrote:

One of the DRV boxes starting having issues last week.  The playback on one of my boxes skips/is choppy.  what do I need to do to fix this?

use the remote for the 'choppy' set top box and say 'about' after pressing the voice command button. what is the rest of the line to the right of STB version ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Hi, I was having trouble streaming comcast tv on my desktop, I was getting error 11700. After getting some helpful information

on this forum, someone in second teir support deprovisioned my streaming devices, and I was able to log in and watch channels on my PC.  Yesterday, I noticed that I wasn't able to watch certain channels on the desktop and saw a little note about having to be connected to WiFi, when in actuality I'm hardwired to the router and modem. Fortunately after a day I am able to view all channels on the desktop. Now on my main DVR anything I recorded after the deprovisioning was done , freezes and skips when I try to watch.

It freezes and skips on the other boxes I have in the bedrooms as well. Live tv works fine, and the programs I recorded before the deprovisioning work fine as well. It seems like this problem has to be related to the previous one. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same problem but only with the Edge browser. If I use Firefox, I get all the channels I should. In my case, I live in Albany, OR, which is between Eugene and Portland. Both of those markets have the same networks but on different channels. I determined I am getting the Eugene channels, not the Portland channels which I should be getting.

I just checked my Stream again and it appears the problem has gone. I am getting the right channels on Edge again.

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

5 years ago

Spoke too soon. The problem has returned.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why the cloud anyway? I have a cable coming to the house, why is it not just recording the show and who authorized otherwise. If I wanted a streaming service, I would stop paying Xfinity $200/mo and just subscribe elsewhere!

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

5 years ago

Mine is doing that also, I thought it was my machines.  This just started last night. Have others reported this as well? 

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

5 years ago

I am in Massachusetts. Regular TV is fine, just the DVR playback.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same problem also are you in New England Island Vermont could this be an internet issue

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

5 years ago

My playback is now stopping and starting and losing sound. It has been happening since last night on recordings. Is this a problem with my machine or the cloud. 

STB version PX013AN_3.2p10s1_PROD-sey

Please assist. I see others are having this problem.

Rick

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Mine is also doing it.  Driving me crazy.  Past two days have been horrible.

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

5 years ago

flynrfun, are you having the same issue?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Happening to me too. I can’t even watch a recording because it’s so choppy

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issue in Georgia. Internet and Live Tv is great. DVR recordings are all skipping and freezing
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here