shimadk1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 11:00 PM

Closed

DVR recordings disappeared

All my recordings prior to 12/31/2018 disappeared today without me deleting them.  Is there another problem that has occurred with the cloud recordings or has the daily update just removed older recordings?

There was was sufficient space so please don't tell me that they were deleted to make room for new recordings. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I have had it happen before when the system “magically “ re-boots. Good luck in getting this resolved. An advanced ticket can mean diddly/nothing.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is insane. This has been going on for months. I have programs disappearing that are only 45-60 days old. I called customer service. They acted like they had no idea this was happening. Had two techs out and on my third DVR (different brand) and still losing recordings. Obviously there is no sense of urgency but worse yet, no official addressing of the problem by Comcast. Having an issue is one thing, trying to hide it or placate your customers is another thing and a disgrace. Let's get it fixed comcast. We are all still paying our bill for a service you are failing us on.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Flyinggems wrote:

My DVR has not deleted shows since May but now it is not fully playing back recordings.

I recorded a movie back in May and the kids said the middle was missing.  I just recently rerecorded it on June 22.  Went to watch it last night and the middle was missing again.  It was scheduled to record from 8-10:30.  The DVR lists it as only recording 112 mins.  When we pull the movie up on the App on the phone, the whole movie is there.

I have been in touch with Comcast and I have an advanced ticket pending.
Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

the cloud dvr records the same show and the home DVR or power failed to record the whole show. electricity went out? 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

There was no power interruption to the box. 
Usually if there is an interruption to the recoding there will be a message letting me know that the recording was interrupted and not fully recorded.
When the movie was recorded back in May when the box was deleting items, the middle of the movie was missing.  I then re-recorded it thinking that the problem from May was fixed since that is the message I received from Comcast.  The middle was missing on the new recording but at a different beginning and end.  Can not re-record for a third time since it is not available.
Very frustrated with Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Understand completely. Paying for a channel subscription that will record; however, when you watch it, it will vanish from the DVR as though it was never there. It happened while a Comcast service rep was here. No one can help me with this. Live sports shown only once, each day, and each day since June 4, this has been happening it vanishes! Records fine. But, it will disappear before or during the viewing. It’s not like I can stay away from work for a month and a half to watch it live!!! Frustrated is an understatement!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@1StickyWicket wrote:
Understand completely. Paying for a channel subscription that will record; however, when you watch it, it will vanish from the DVR as though it was never there. It happened while a Comcast service rep was here. No one can help me with this. Live sports shown only once, each day, and each day since June 4, this has been happening it vanishes! Records fine. But, it will disappear before or during the viewing. It’s not like I can stay away from work for a month and a half to watch it live!!! Frustrated is an understatement!

the 'middle missing' is very strange, and I wonder if you are starting off on a local copy and the DVR 'fails' during the recording process and during playback the glitch happens and the cloud copy is substituted. for a while while watching recordings after you start the playback hit the OK button and note if the indication in lower left says DVR (and not icon of a white cloud + "DVR"). when it misses the middle but resumes playing hit the OK button and see if the source changed to the cloud. Do you have more than one DVR? is the problem happening on the DVR connected TV or a companion X1 set top box connected TV?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

No one seems to know what is happening to recorded content. Add to that, my bill went from $127.20 a month to $180.34. Unbelievable!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Any updates on when a fix will be coming for this? Recordings continue to be deleted from my DVR without running out of room or being over 1 year old.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

This same issue has happend to me on two ocassions.

In late April, the vast majority of the recordings I had were deleted.  Contact with comcast said they were working on it and offered $5 compensation (never issued) for the inconvenience.  Follow-up calls in May resulted in Comcast sending a service technician to investigate.  DVR was replaced with no change.

I later received a call saying the issue have been resolved (it had not been) and when I contavcted Comcast, they said the call was an error and that the problem was still being worked on.

Last wee I noticed that all recordings prior to May 1 have now been deleted.  I contacted Comcast and was told they were still working on the problem.  I asked abour compensation for the losst recordings and was told I would receive a $100 credit

Yesterday, I received a call from Comcast.  After 45 minutes on the phone I was informed that the recordings are lost forever.  I asked about compenstation and was bounced to 3 other Comcast employees, where I was told the maximum compenstation would be 2 months of DVR fees or $20.  They indicated there was no record of the $100 offer from just a few days earlier.  I rejected this and was bumped to yet another employee who said she would invetigate and get back to me withinn 24 hours with a decision on compensation.

As I understand things now all my recordings prior to May 1, 2019 are lost forever. Some if the programming I can probably get through on-demand service, but many are no longer available or only available for purchase. The meager $20 compenstation I was offered will come nowhere close to covering the cost to recover the lsot programs.

My overall opinion of Comcast customer service was that they are poorly organized, inconsistent,, and  lack communications skills.  I have called multiple time on this issue only to be reassured that they were working on this issue, only to learn yesterday that there would be no fix to the deleted recordings.  Very irritating and frustrating. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Not a unique problem.  I am facing the same situation, with all recordings earlier than May 1, 2019 deleted.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

5 years ago

Had 16 classic doctor who's saved on Friday evening

Have 4 classic doctor who on Sunday

Set to save till space is needed

at 40% capacity

Rebooted and looked in recently deleted

They are gone - Would invite a Comcast employee to reach out in PM to research and possible restore. A DVR is not worth much if they behave this way.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Fedge, I get that--I haven't gotten word on the restoration of deleted content, but I think it's something we can look into. I'm not sure though. When the bug in the code was confirmed, it was resolved/fixed but I didn't see a note from engineering on what restoration. I do see you have a few private messages with our team so we'd be happy to look into your case to see if we can restore them if possible. 

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks ken for publicly posting the issue and resolution. I do not like the pm route.

is there any chance on restoring shows?

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hi All, 

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums about your missing DVR recordings. 

There was a bug in the firmware code a few weeks ago that caused the missing recording issues you're experiencing. It was detected and resolved since then. Please let me know if new recordings are deleting from your DVR. Thanks for your patience and truly apologize for the inconvenience. 

If you need further support, Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right-hand side.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

This happened to us as well, and we pay a little over $300/year for DVR service. It's a line item on our bill. WHY are we not being compensated for this loss, again?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here