sparky1957's profile

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Sunday, December 22nd, 2019 4:00 AM

Closed

Recorded Content Skips Ahead

Watching recorded Boston Bruins games on NESN on the app recently had been an issue. As the video is playing it will jump ahead 4-6 seconds at a time every so often. This started in the past 2 weeks. Watching the same content on TV is fine.
Update: Just checked watching the same content on my Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet and the exact same issue exists as is on my Android device.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@sparky1957 wrote:
Watching recorded Boston Bruins games on NESN on the app recently had been an issue. As the video is playing it will jump ahead 4-6 seconds at a time every so often. This started in the past 2 weeks. Watching the same content on TV is fine.
Update: Just checked watching the same content on my Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet and the exact same issue exists as is on my Android device.

that may have been just a temporary problem with the cloud DVr. if it persists across channels for days reply back so a Comcast employee can review the problem.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Just attempted to watch a segment I recorded earlier today of the Today show on NBC and it was fine. Started to watch a Bruins game from last night on NESN and the skipping ahead issue is still there.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

I recorded the most recent episode of Ray Donovan on Showtime from 12/22 and just tried to watch it on my Android device and it also skips ahead a few seconds constantly. This is ridiculous.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

4 years ago

I have been having the same problem watching a recording of News Center 5 in the morning. All other recordings are working fine. Channel 805 has a problem.  Also, I am watching it about 20 minutes behind the live broadcast, and it seem the live broadcast is where this is skipping to, back and forth. 

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

4 years ago

Update, I have tried streamining on different devices and they all skip ahead and back. Becomes unwatchable.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Another update: Recorded a movie yesterday on HBO and just tried to watch it on my Android device and it also skips ahead a few seconds after watching a scene for about a few seconds constantly.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

And another update: the same recorded HBO movie skips ahead and buffers on my Windows 10 laptop. Please fix this!

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

4 years ago

From where I am wathching and the time of day, that is not possible. It worked fine up until about a week ago. I think I would rather have them fix what ails it. They should be able to fix it. It happened a while ago and the addressed the problem. Not sure why it is taking so long.

@Rustyben wrote:

@sparky1957 wrote:
And another update: the same recorded HBO movie skips ahead and buffers on my Windows 10 laptop. Please fix this!

both are viewing the cloud DVR version of the recording. use on-demand or home DVR to watch the recording/on-demand.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@rjom wrote:

From where I am wathching and the time of day, that is not possible. It worked fine up until about a week ago. I think I would rather have them fix what ails it. They should be able to fix it. It happened a while ago and the addressed the problem. Not sure why it is taking so long.

@Rustyben wrote:

@sparky1957 wrote:

both are viewing the cloud DVR version of the recording. use on-demand or home DVR to watch the recording/on-demand.

wait for an official employee to respond to your post. the cloud DVR is what is failing to record correctly. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@sparky1957 wrote:

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

No one from Comcast has contacted me yet but the last 2 most recent Boston Bruins recorded games have playbacked without any skip ahead. Maybe it's fixed.?

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

4 years ago

@sparky1957 wrote:
No one from Comcast has contacted me yet but the last 2 most recent Boston Bruins recorded games have playbacked without any skip ahead. Maybe it's fixed.?

I have also watched two days of News Center 5 (805) without skips. Let's hope so.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here