jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@barbie123 wrote:

Is this true? Comcast can no longer sell the X1?

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/11/23/tivo-wins-comcast-xfinity-case/

Barbie123,

The X1 platform is still available to any customer who wants that service. Please watch this forum for the latest updates/changes. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Not happy about this at all!!  This was such a simple way to record programs in advance and now you take it away, so keep increasing my bill to make me wonder what I am paying for.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Comcast!  Why don't you proactively alert your customers to these changes instead of letting us waste our time trying to figure out why something that we used to use is no longer there?  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

language filter bypass. Post Removed per Forum Guidelines. You can review these here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I can’t delete scheduled recordings. There is no delete button.  Customer service did not have a clue.  Deleting programs already recorded is not a problem but deleting “scheduled recordimgs” does not seem possible.  There in no delete button.  I tried deleting from my cable box.  No success.  Tried on both iPhone and iPad scheduled recording won’t delete.  Anyone please help

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I don’t know when this started, but I noticed it just a couple of days ago. When I go to the guide and click on a program, it no longer gives me an option to record.
What’s up?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

What happened to the ability to do remote recording a show? Not able to set recording remotely, using the Xfinity stream app.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have the same problem, but also cannot record current and future show by using my home computer or smartphone. I can record using the TV listing on my TV, but not remotely. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

6 years ago

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have noticed the same thing. I used to bring up a show on xfinity tv app and have an option to record. I do not see that option anymore. This was very helpful functionality. Not sure why it would be removed ??

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Not only can I not record remotely, but not even when I am inhome on my ipad. What is your solution? Why don't yopu set up a nu,mber for us to call when we want something recorded and you do it until you get a deal with Tivo. Or let us connect directlky to our DVR and no remote app is needed.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

why can't i set a recording on my dvr from my computer?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

thanks for the reply comcastjessie - yes please restore this functionality as soon as possible - this is a very valuable feature that I use often to record sporting events or other programs that are not available on demand.   .

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

reminder available (link here) to first page first post for best answer to questions about the record function.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 years ago

Will you be offering an alternative?  Maybe a remote/keyboard to make scheduling recordings using the TV not so tedious?  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here