ATL17's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, September 10th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Re: Small cable box not working

Weak or no signal. A new message for a TV that has worked for years. I have two small boxes; one still works. Could this box have just died? Is this a signal issue? Large box still works. 

Help?

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

TV is on 3. Small box has a light that is NOT illuminated. Supposedly a new box is on its way after a long online chat with Comcast.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ATL17 wrote:

Weak or no signal. A new message for a TV that has worked for years. I have two small boxes; one still works. Could this box have just died? Is this a signal issue? Large box still works. 

Help?

Xfinity X1 set top boxes will show you a page with the error number and the error message. do you have that information?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

"Weak or no signal" on the TV; the TV is not getting anything at all from the box. Supposedly, after a chat online today, a new one is on its way.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ATL17 wrote:

"Weak or no signal" on the TV; the TV is not getting anything at all from the box. Supposedly, after a chat online today, a new one is on its way.

using the TV's remote, press the input button one time. what is the input source for HDMI named? look on the back of the TV, is the set top box connected to that exactly named HDMI port? if so, pull the connector and reinsert feeling and hearing the click as it locks into place. Then check the 'click' on the other end of the HDMI cable.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Rustyben, I don't think you understand. This is not a box connected via HDMI. It is a DTA box connected via coax.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ATL17 wrote:

Rustyben, I don't think you understand. This is not a box connected via HDMI. It is a DTA box connected via coax.

you had inadvertently posted in the X1 area of the forum that does not include DTA set top boxes. I have moved your reply thread to the proper area of the forum.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ATL17 wrote:

have you attempted swapping the two DTA set top boxes and their power supplies? if so, did the problem stay with the set location or move with the boxes?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@ATL17
Does the non working box have any lights? Is your tv itself on Ch 3 or on the tv input

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

ATL, sorry to bother but where did you find a link to chat with an actual human? All I can find is that stupid Xfinity Assistant chat that just takes me round and round and round. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

TBH, I don't really remember. This is like an old, early 1990s adventure video game. Try the Contact Us link at the bottom of the web pages.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@JBB429 wrote: ... where did you find a link to chat with an actual human? ...

You should be able to type text in the light-grey-on-light-grey-barely-visible text box at the bottom of the Xfinity Assistant window. Try typing "chat" or "agent" several times.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here