CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Thursday, June 25th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Intermittent Video Issues Affecting Some Customers

A firmware update was recently deployed to TV Boxes that may be causing picture issues for some customers

The update includes a feature that defaults TV Boxes to the highest screen resolution the TV is capable of. This is causing a black screen, blue screen, a 'no signal' messages, or a "flickering" screen for some customers. 

We are working to deploy an update as soon as possible to fix this issue for all customers. In the meantime, we recommend the following steps to help mitigate this issue until we can provide that update.

Steps to mitigate the issue: 

• Press “exit, exit, exit, 720” on your Xfinity remote. This sets the resolution to 720. 
    • This should bring back the picture
  • Once the picture is on the screen click the Xfinity button on your remote > click on the gear icon (settings) > click Preference> click General > choose prefer Best Available Resolution > set to Off
  • You can attempt to adjust their resolution to higher resolutions if desired at this point
  • If the new resolution fails to display it will go back to the previous setting in 30 seconds. 

*Note*: Autotune to "Best Available Resolution" will not be automatically turned back on when the update is deployed. We recommend that you turn this feature back on at the end of next week after the update is complete.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve this permanently. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

July 8, 2020 - I'm still having this issue. Has the software been updated yet?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have done restarts over & over for 2 weeks and one new box and still looking at black screen❣❣

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

All,

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve this issue permanently. We will be updating this main thread once there is an official resolution to share. In the meantime, we continue to recommend using the steps outlined in the first post on this thread as a temporary resolution.

Thank you again for your patience.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for replying, RustyBen.

Well, almost 20% of my data usage has been used up in little over a week with no On Demand usage . Does that include recorded programs on the box?

THANK YOU!

Frances

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Channel viewings are great. But...

1)  the ON DEMAND button has error CL-17 

2)  the SEARCH button has error MOGSCNA

3)  the XFINITY button does not have a  gear icon/settings choice

exit-exit-exit-720 takes me to channel number 720

PLEASE HELP !

THanks so much

Frances

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My screen keeps freezing. Tried the "exit exit exit 720 and that just takes me to channel 720. Also, no gear icon. Screen freezes every 5 seconds apx. This has been happening for almost 2 weeks. The first time I had a problem, an error code popped up. This is driving me crazy and maybe to Fios. Can you help? Thanks.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@franceshd wrote:

Thanks for replying, RustyBen.

Well, almost 20% of my data usage has been used up in little over a week with no On Demand usage . Does that include recorded programs on the box?

THANK YOU!

Frances

I'm pretty much freaking out too as my usage is 304 which is (was priorto covid) around 350/month. but set top box updates are 'on' Comcast and all internal traffic to comcast and is not supposed to count.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@franceshd wrote:

Channel viewings are great. But...

1)  the ON DEMAND button has error CL-17 

2)  the SEARCH button has error MOGSCNA

3)  the XFINITY button does not have a  gear icon/settings choice

exit-exit-exit-720 takes me to channel number 720

PLEASE HELP !

THanks so much

Frances

this is the X1 area of the forum. you seem to be speaking of non-X1 equipment issues.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

OOOPS. Sorry. I did not know that.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

All the channles say " to be announced" I've reset the box 3 times, I've done the exit, exit, exit 720 and still nothing!! It's getting old real fast!!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@franceshd wrote:

OOOPS. Sorry. I did not know that.

watch for a new reply here, previous answers were based upon X1 (bundle with Cable TV and Internet (and more) details.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had this problem. Was Finally solved when customer service suggested boost pro. My speed was too slow. No more freezing and error code.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This is the first time I’ve seen anything about this video issue. Maybe an email to your clients or a letter or a news story online. I’ve gone to 2 different stores 4 times this week, during posted hours, and each one has been closed. Will we all be getting refunds on our very expensive service??

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Rik11 wrote:

@Rustyben:  Did you move this thread? When I click on your link for the moved thread, the page says "access denied".  Whenever a thread is "moved", the link says "access denied".

it was a duplicate post from the 'missy' above. the reference to the post is 'where' it is transferred. eventually the placeholder is also removed from the thread. as you can see this thread is still here.

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

4 years ago

@Rustyben:  Did you move this thread? When I click on your link for the moved thread, the page says "access denied".  Whenever a thread is "moved", the link says "access denied".

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here