cpbrook's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

How to remove unused TV box from plan

I have never had two TV boxes, but under "manage my bill" there are two TV boxes listed as though I  own them. When I click on "manage my devices" I am directed to a screen that says I need to contact customer support in order to manage my devices (seems like a pointless link...).

I am shopping for new plans and can not upgrade unless I buy two HD-TV boxes because the system thinks I own two. When I tried to chat with an Xfinity representative they only focused on the fact that I was shopping for a new plan and demanded I tell them which bundle I was looking at before they would help me with my real problem: why do I have two boxes listed when I have only ever had one, and why is it impossible to remove it from my plan considering I apparently own it? 

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@cpbrook wrote:

I have never had two TV boxes, but under "manage my bill" there are two TV boxes listed as though I  own them. When I click on "manage my devices" I am directed to a screen that says I need to contact customer support in order to manage my devices (seems like a pointless link...).

I am shopping for new plans and can not upgrade unless I buy two HD-TV boxes because the system thinks I own two. When I tried to chat with an Xfinity representative they only focused on the fact that I was shopping for a new plan and demanded I tell them which bundle I was looking at before they would help me with my real problem: why do I have two boxes listed when I have only ever had one, and why is it impossible to remove it from my plan considering I apparently own it? 

Has anyone else had this problem? 

You never stated where you got the box. If you got the box off someone over internet it might be a Comcast box never returned by them to Comcast. I would just take a pcture of the box showing brand, etc. The visit the local service center to get the matter resolved. They can check the system and will give you a receipt. I have never had anyone at a service center try to sell me something. It is the only place I go for replacing box(s), remotes are "free".

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@cpbrook
As most, if not all Xfinity stores are closed because of the pandemic, going to one won’t work out well. I’ve escalated it up to an official employee to help you out and you can go over your equipment and account

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@MNtundraRET
Re-read the original post, the system thinks he physically has 2 boxes but he doesn’t. Can’t take a picture of something you don’t have

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @cpbrook

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'd be more than happy to review the equipment on your account and compare it to what you actually have. If I need to make an equipment research ticket to have the additional equipment removed, I will do that as well. From there, if you need additional help with new plans. I can help get that applied as well. Please send me a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account? To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click "send a message."

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same exact problem - there are two extra boxes in my account - 

I have a one bedroom apartment - 

Could you please help me as well

thanks

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Did you get this resolved. I have the same problem and when I click the link I get taken in a circle as well.

Thanks for posting!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

@CC @CCAndrew 

I have a similar issue. There is a cable box listed on my account that I've never physically had. Any idea on how to remove that?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

By any chance did you purchase a Comcast cable-box on line, or otherwise, from someone else?

They are never legally sold this way. Now days they can trace these boxes if you attempt to use one.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

@keys752
Check with customer service, they can see if it’s ever been activated and could just put it in lost status
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here