dwayne3686's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

WAIVE MOVIE RENTAL FEES DURING COVID-19

Since Xfinity isn't losing a penny on this virus outbreak, you'd think they'd waive movie rental fees while we're all stuck at home.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

**UPDATED 04/09/2020 - Frequently Asked Questions**

**UPDATED 03/27/2020 - Additional Resources**

All,

With so many of our customers confined to their homes during this difficult time period, we have worked with our various programming partners to make extra content available. Simply say "Free" into your Xfinity Voice Remote for available content. Even without a television subscription, you will have access to select content via the Xfinity Stream Website and App. All you need is your Xfinity ID and password to access Xfinity Stream via the app or online portal. Please note that much of this free content is only available during certain window periods. 

Thank you all or your feedback. Any additional updates to this information will be shared here. 

Additional Resources:

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/watch-at-home-free-preview

Frequently Asked Questions:

I went to live stream a specific show or a specific network and it wasn't available. Why?
The majority of the free previews are On Demand only. There are a few networks with live streams available, please see https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/watch-at-home-free-preview for additional information on availability.

Will live TV and/or Xfinity On Demand streaming on the Xfinity Stream app or web portal count against my Xfinity Internet data usage plan?
All data cap plans have been paused for 60 days. If you have a traditional data usage plan, you will not be charged additionally for going over.

I don't have an Xfinity TV subscription but am an Xfinity Internet ( or Xfinity Home, etc.) subscriber. Am I able to watch any content during the free preview window?
All you need is your Xfinity ID and password to access Xfinity Stream via the app or online portal. Please note that much of this content is only available during certain window periods. See https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/watch-at-home-free-preview for free preview dates.

How do I find the content available to me during the free preview?
Log onto the Xfinity Stream portal or download the app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password. You’ll see the content available to you.

Can the content be viewed out of home?
Some of the content can be viewed out of the home.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It would be great PR for Xfinity to offer some of its popular movies free for the next two/three weeks as a gesture of support for the millions of people in lockdown due to the COVID-19 virus.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Given the large number of Virginians hunkered down at home to help contain spread of COVID-19, it would be a huge public service if Comcast offered new theatrical movies for home viewing at no or reduced cost. At the moment, we're all extra-dependent on cable tv to navigate the long days at home. Shouldn't Comcast consider this move, especially given the steps so many other companies are taking to support their customers during these trying times?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

That is a decision to be made by movie producers / owners of the shows. Comcast cannot do that for movies not offered to them for showing.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

During the Coronavirus pandemic can comcast/xfinity make all on demand movies free.  The country is quarantined and hostage to our televisions.  Maybe set up a free movie a week or 5 free movies a month until the national quarantine is lifted. The best would be totally free for the duration.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I thought it would be a nice gesture for Xfinity/Comcast to get together with HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz to provide your customers with FREE premium movie channels for the duration of the Stay Home Presidential Order. There's going to be a lot of home television watching in the next couple of month. Many of us have lost our jobs and are stuck at home due to the presidential order to shut down restaurants and other gathering places.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

So you're giving me a discount while I'm out of work? If not then tell me exactly what Comcast/Xfinity is doing to share in the relief?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

With so many of us being forced to stay home to shelter in place and some of us may lose livelihoods. Do you think Comcast/Xfinity that you could provide more FREE movies now during this crisis when so many are at home and do your part to share in the relief?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@gunsaljm wrote:
With so many of us being forced to stay home to shelter in place and some of us may lose livelihoods. Do you think Comcast/Xfinity that you could provide more FREE movies now during this crisis when so many are at home and do your part to share in the relief?

Comcast is doing their part to share in the relief.  FWIW, they can't give free movies unless the networks provide them.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I read it. Sounds like I might actually get the internet speed I've been paying for all these years. At least a little better cause it is horrible!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

There are already thousands of free movies available

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Free is free, I didn’t state the content. And it wasn’t asked by the OP. Nothing current is going to be free by any provider.

Contributor

• 

185 Messages

4 years ago

Really, thousands???  Where, unless you mean the ones from the 40's to the 80's. 

Nothing current is free. 

In fact I just looked at the excerise section and it is not free during this quarantine

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I got an email from Comcast/Xfinity: "More entertainment content is now available for you to watch for free: We have worked with our partners to provide a range of additional free content to keep you entertained while you're at home [Stay-inPlace CON-19 pandemic]. You can find it by saying "Free" into your Xfinity Voice Remote." So... I say "FREE" into my Xfinity Voice Remote and up pops  Showtime, History Vault, Curiosity Stream, etc. and says I can watch free until April 9 due to pandemic. However, when I select Showtime, History Vault, etc. it says I must subscribe. What's the deal? Don't email me to say you will help those of us stuck at home for weeks by offering help with free channels and then don't? I can I get the Free channels you said I can get?

Expert

• 

192 Messages

4 years ago

@rlteed wrote:

I got an email from Comcast/Xfinity: "More entertainment content is now available for you to watch for free: We have worked with our partners to provide a range of additional free content to keep you entertained while you're at home [Stay-inPlace CON-19 pandemic]. You can find it by saying "Free" into your Xfinity Voice Remote." So... I say "FREE" into my Xfinity Voice Remote and up pops  Showtime, History Vault, Curiosity Stream, etc. and says I can watch free until April 9 due to pandemic. However, when I select Showtime, History Vault, etc. it says I must subscribe. What's the deal? Don't email me to say you will help those of us stuck at home for weeks by offering help with free channels and then don't? I can I get the Free channels you said I can get?

@rlteed 

Have you tried resetting your television boxes by unplugging them for 1 minute and then plugging them back in? If so, is this still happening? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here