jbrady33's profile

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

Tuesday, September 29th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

pausing, pixelating, freezing, sound drops for several seconds

2nd attempt

MODERATORS - please don't move/delete this again as "unhelpful" , I am still having this issue and hoping for advice of resolution form the Comcast employees on the board

Several channels on all TVs in the house have pausing, pixelating, freezing, sound drops for several seconds.  CNN (817) and the music channels (429, 427, 428) for sure

This happens several times an hour and is really annoying an interruptive.

We had this once before a few years ago, it took like 9 months to close the ticket,   Several tech visits, lots of resets, all splitters and cable ends replaced, all boxes replaced.  A service manager with a fancy meter tested our house, let us know it was NOT in our home but somewhere in the Comcast network, probably locally to our area,   He called a few weeks later and said that equipment/cabling locally was replaced or repaired and it fixed several long running issues.

So my questions:

Is anyone else having this?

Is there any way to request the ’local area’ to be checked or whatever like the manager did without going through the months of site visits and phone support first?  We are in Elkton MD

Thanks in advance!

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

I have this issue with ESPN and ESPN only. It skips, freezes and lags. All of my cables are in tight. Brand new box (less than a week old), brand new Samsung TV and all brand news coax and hdmi cables. Incredibly annoying.

Contributor

• 

130 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply and I appriciate that you were able to forward along my concern.  I was contacted by a local rep today.

I wouldn't consider the issue I'm seeing as major, and I'm still trying to troubleshoot from my end to provide the best information to Comcast.  But hopefully any information I can provide may help to get to the root cause of the issue.

I can say that today is the 1st day in atleast a week that I haven't seeing the freezing issue occuring.  It could be a coicidence, but I'm wondering if it may have even been resolved today?  I'll continue to monitor to see if it comes back

Thanks again

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Won’t be holding my breath. Brand new service and can’t wait to see how much I’m swindled on a tech visit for service on all brand new equipment and accessories.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@MakeESPNwork 

Sounds like in your case the issue may be outside of your home. There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue in the Seattle area on CNN HD, and I also have the issue when using xfinity stream, watching CNN HD

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast Gurus on this thread - is it possible this is a wide spread on the source end of things issue?   Not even Comcast but the feed they are seding you?  Several people on here have similar complaints, and a quick google search shows people on multiple cable and satellite providers with the same compliant.

And to be more accurate – I shouldn’t have said pixelating, the others are correct that it is really a freeze in picture and sound, then jump to a few seconds later.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem here, also in Hermitage, TN.  Yesterday's football game was almost unwatchable and not only because the Titans played so poorly! Problem here is primarily with the local channels.  It has gotten worse since the last two "planned outtages" in this area.  We are also seeing very brief intermittant outtages of our internet connection.  When logging on to "my account" it will oftewn report cannot connect to yout device".  Refreshing the page usually results in "everything looks ok".

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am not sure where you are but we are having a bunch of pixelation and audio dropouts here in Hermitage, TN. I first talked to my neighbor across the street and he is also been having these issues for over a week now like me. Then someone started a thread on nextdoor and neighborhoods all around me are having the same issue. I am getting tired of the pad answer "An outage has been detected in your area" . I have signed up for the text for when the outage has been cleared. After I get that it still is not cleared. Very frustrating for me and everyone around here.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

The problem appears to have been resolved here, somewhere upstream from our house. Either a Comcast or CNN issue.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@GadgetBuilder 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

Pixelation and audio-video dropout issues (freezing) are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. Changes in temperatures can also aggravate the issue.

Box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue.

I have asked that someone on our TN team review your account so that we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved.

Based on a cursory review of your account, there are some out of spec signal level issues impacting your service.

A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@jandj 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

Pixelation and audio-video dropout issues (freezing) are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. Changes in temperatures can also aggravate the issue.

Box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue.

I have asked that someone on our TN team review your account so that we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved.

A technician visit may be required so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

To get an idea of what signal levels my TVs would be getting I log into my model gateway at 10.0.0.1 and go to connections - Xfinity Network and look at the downstream SNR on all the channels.

Right now those are all around 40. The other day when my neighbor and I were having the really bad issues they were between 25 and 30. I am curious what they will be around 5PM today when the problem seems to be the worst each day.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Uh oh - starting to freeze again on CNN yesterday.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

4 years ago

same here!   was ok for a while, doing it last night and this morning

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastTeds  - don't you think it is odd that different peol;el in differnt parts of the country are having the same issue at the same time?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here