user_Over's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, April 30th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

Investigation Discovery TV

Why is it included on my TV guide but then says I need a subscription when that is not even an option. Obviously someone is getting it, otherwise the channel would be removed altogether. Such a tease. Where can I request they offer this channel. I get the other discovery channels. I cannot be the only one upset about this!

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Same here! Lost it in May when I rebundled. Just received an email with our channel lineup and IDTV was included. Was ready to call and complain (again) about the misprint and low and behold when I checked my tv, it was back! Hallelujah!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Here is what I found out, after wasting 15 phone calls in the last week, about 6 hours of my life and being hung up on accidentally 4 times.  Talk about frustrating.  We love ID, watch it every night when we go to bed.  Have been watching it for years.  We had a starter package for $120 a month.  Decided to upgrade our internet and take advantage of the showtime/nexflix preferred package.  We had to upgrade some additional boxes in the house, at an additional monthly fee because of the upgrade.. but ok, we figured we return one we never use and with the $10 monthly credit for having mobile (which I have yet to see) it would be a wash for us.  Now the fun begins.  We get an error when we access ID.  The only channel that we get an error on.  Not that we have to subscribe, but that our system is still updating.  After numerous calls and being lied to over and over about Comcast not providing that channel since Jan 1, 2020.. even though it's in our channel lineup... which we made sure of before we switched package.. sigh.  IF you upgrade.. you can no longer get ID because of the licensing involved.  IF we had kept our old package, as it was considered to be under the old license, we would still happily be watching ID.  Where we live, satellite is not an option, it is against our homeowners association, which in itself is another ridiculous issue.. but if I could go satellite.. believe me.. I would have been there years ago.   Comcast's phone tree, is beyond annoying and frustrating.. their bills are ridiculously hard to read, the fees are outlandish.  In this streaming world you think they would try harder to please customers.  I can honestly say.  I hate Comcast.. and I don't hate anyone. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

You may receive assistance in regards to this matter from the post I authored here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Looking-for-Channel-moves-Caution-for-Grandfathered/td-p/3290170

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thank you for this answer! You saved me some frustration. I tried dealing with their chat line and phone tree yesterday over this same issue. No help. I never talked to a real person. The chat person told me in broken English they haven't had ID in years. When I told him I watched it a few days ago his only response was "Strange!". I was able  to download the Investigation ID channel on my Amazon Firestick using Xfinity credentials so that is a workaround. Not sure why I can do that and they can't just give me the channel back. I have never encountered any company that works so hard at frustrating their customers with a total lack of customer service. I hate them too. 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I can get some ID Tv shows thru Hulu - but its not the same as just having it on thru my usual tv lineup. It amazes me that comcast could not negotitate a deal with Discovery network to provide it. They offer other channels thru Discovery. Its all about the $$ for sure. I've been a watching Oxygen channel but they don't offer as many programs and I can only watch so many epsiodes of Snapped. Just not the same. Epic failure on Comcast's part. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

We are in the Atlanta area. Lost ID when I changed our package back in February. I checked it today and it's back on channel 893. Yay!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This channel is constantly loosing volume.  We pay Xfinity alot of money each month.  Fix this problem now!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

ID channel is constantly loosing volume alot! fix this problen Now!

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here