ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

@I_turn9,
Lucky.. I'll miss most of LeMans again.
I'm really starting to think it's time to drop Xfinity and go to DirecTV now

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

6 years ago

Le Mans isn't on Fox Sports this year, it's on Velocity with no breaks...

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

6 years ago

In case you haven't heard, the 24 Heuers du Mans will not be broadcast on Fox this year.  Discovery's Velocity is broadcasting the entire 24 hours without interruption.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

@LaxMan wrote:

The link doesn't work to where you show your interest in FS2.

Apologies, I corrected that link. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

@juneau730 wrote:
1st your link doesn't work, so it would be impossible to follow your guidance.
2nd, as I stated, I've contacted your company multiple times, at least a dozen over the last couple years. Each time, only to be told sorry but to bad.

Apologies, corrected link here and in original post: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs

Thanks for your interest. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I really want FS2 ... other providers in my area have it. There is no other way to watch Australian Rules Football. Please consider adding this channel.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

6 years ago

@markdartj wrote:

In case you haven't heard, the 24 Heuers du Mans will not be broadcast on Fox this year.  Discovery's Velocity is broadcasting the entire 24 hours without interruption.

And the coverage was much better than any previous year, with commentators who actually know and follow the sport.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Are u guys going to carry FS2 anytime soon

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Here's the thing that comes across as lacking credibility.  Comcast is the largest cable TV provide in the US (and possibly the world).  You own NBC.  Your revenues are obscene.  And yet you talk about releasing a station in certain markets only as being a success.  Sorry, it is patently not.  If there is this much obvious demand for FS2, and you continue to ignore it, then you are completely discounting the desires of your over-charged customers (no wonder so many are cutting the cord). 

You apparently have a deal in place to air FS2 in many markets, so just use your undoubted financial might to provide the station in ALL markets, and in HD.  If bandwidth is an issue, drop one of the shopping networks to SD.  I really don't care if they cost less to televise.  I'm betting demand for HSN is significantly lower than demand for FS2. 

You are supposedly providing a service, and at no little cost.  Provide it!  I understand that Comcast is a for-profit organization, but it is also a service organization.  Service is bad.  Deal with it!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Amen Brother!!! tell it like it is

Contributor

• 

390 Messages

6 years ago

@sirvarus wrote:

If bandwidth is an issue, drop one of the shopping networks to SD.  I really don't care if they cost less to televise.  I'm betting demand for HSN is significantly lower than demand for FS2. 

You'd be surprised.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I agree!!

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

6 years ago

@studolgon wrote:

@sirvarus wrote:

If bandwidth is an issue, drop one of the shopping networks to SD.  I really don't care if they cost less to televise.  I'm betting demand for HSN is significantly lower than demand for FS2. 

You'd be surprised.

In fact, Comcast makes money from the shopping networks.  They pay Comcast to be included.  I was told this helps offset the cost of the channels we actually want to see, thereby lowering our bill.

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

6 years ago

Don't know where you live but here in Richmond, they turned on FS2 a few months ago.  I never saw an announcement, just found it when browsing the Guide.  But after years of watching the 1st half or more of a race on FS1 only to be told I had to go to FS2 to see the end.  If they did that with prime time programs or soap operas there would be riots in the street!  

After waiting for years before finally getting FS2 I had made the decision to switch to Dish and not only do I get FS1 and FS2, I save over $100/month!

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

6 years ago

Hi, all - 

Thank you for reaching out. Please submit your feedback here. You can also view your local lineup here after you log in. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here