tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021 6:00 PM

Closed

Cartoon Network

In the notes on the billing section:

• Xfinity TV Update: Effective April 13, 2021, Cartoon Network will no longer be available on Expanded Basic or Kids & Family. It will be available on Digital Preferred.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

But why are they moving cartoon network from basic and expanded service? Prices are always going up and customers keep losing channels.

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

3 years ago

Most CN content is moving to HBO Max. Linear cable TV channels are slowly dying out.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

First TCM moving to S & E a couple years ago, and now this.  You have to wonder how long it'll be until the other Turner owned channels TBS and TNT are also bumped up a tier.

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

3 years ago

Most TBS, TNT, TruTv content is already on or moving to HBO Max.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Last straw for me - I pay a fortune to Comcast for digital tv and internet, both have subpar service btw, and now they want to blackmail us into more expensive packages by moving channels away from loyal customers to squeeze more money out of our pockets. A pox on Comcast

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Xfinity continues to abuse its base.  I’m ready to ditch this terrible company.   A double pox on these losers. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

AT&T is completing the installation of their fiber in the neighborhood as we speak.  For 20 years Xfinity has be charging the same price while reducing services, it's finally time.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

You are aware that Cartoon Network is owned by AT&T? They are the ones demanding ever higher fees for Comcast and others to carry their networks. As far as AT&T is concerned, they don't mind the loss as they expect people to subscribe to HBO Max instead, or use ATT TV, which is just as expensive, if not more, than Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Xfinity can't afford to take a lose they only made of $103.56 BILLION last year guys cut them some slack. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We have to keep on this and keep letting them know that we want Cartoon Network back! My mom has DirecTV and they once took away a local news station. My mom kept emailing them and eventually they went back, negotiated a better price and worked it out, and she got her channel back! Keep on it and tell Comcast to go back in, negotiate, and make a better deal!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

High paid execs thinking people will pay more for one channel rather than just cut and get more streaming services are morons. Hope they enjoy the bonuses they give to themselves, cuz their fading away. I only watch xfinity for sports, and am looking to get a good way to watch them now without comcast. 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

Expect the cost for streaming services to go up as more people ditch cable.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

What a joke I’ve been with Comcast for years and spent lot of money on them and all they ever do is move channels up so you have to up grade they did it with cmt not too long ago!!! What a joke 

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

Things change. I wish i paid the same price for things as years ago.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I've had Cartoon Network since I started my service and now it's telling me I need a subscription.  What happened?  I don't recall receiving any notice about any changes.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_5d5bb9

The very first post in this thread explains what happened.  Do you read your billing statements beyond how much you owe?  If you're on autopay you should still read your billing statements.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Kind of [Edited: "Language"] since this was one of the 2 channels i wanted to make sure i had. Seems like if they have you sign a timed agreement that you should get those channels for the time period you signed the agreement for...

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here