DHall156's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 19th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

ACC Network

Will Comcast be getting the ACC Network before College Football Season Starts.  i'm not talking about ACC Extra.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

4 years ago

When pigs fly, at the moment.

Just a friendly reminder that one of ND's most important games of the year will be at UNC on the day after Turkey Day.  Winner likely goes to the ACC title game in Charlotte to likely get beaten up on by Clemson.  And Comcast subscribers in South Bend, Chicago, and anywhere else with a large ND fanbase will have to resort to alternative means to be able to see it without venturing out to an establishment, since it will be exclusively on ACC Network.

So a reminder--the most important game of the year for the Irish, and you can't see it, because Comcast and Disney can't play nice.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It is getting more and more frustrating that this company cannot seem to get the negotiations completed to get the ACC network. When my current agreement expires, if the ACC network is not available, I will change TV providers.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I really can't believe that Comcast and Disney have not solved this yet.

We are missing a bunch of good games.

Time to look at other options.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Several top 10 football teams are in the ACC and being televised on the ACCN channel.  There is no excuse for Comcast not to come to an agreement so that fans can watch these games.  ACC is as important as SEC and Big 10.  Get with it.  Don't want to have to switch to DISH!!

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

4 years ago

The only excuse Comcast has is an inability to kowtow to the ACC Network's demands.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

3 years ago

Hello Xfinity-Another ACC college basketball season is set to begin in a few days and I still cannot get this channel on my line-up. Can you kindly provide an update for loyal viewers like me who enjoy ACC games, college football/basketball but have no access to this channel? Thanks in advance

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Is Comcast getting ACCN.  If not, I am switching providers and am bundled with you and paying a lot for stations I don't watch.  Maureen Jones longtime customer with my deceased husband William but you made me get a whole new account and I was without all service for 4 days.  So this is the last straw.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Here it is, December 2020, and the ACC network isn’t available in S Fla! You would think with all the UM and FSU fans down here Xfinity would add that sports channel to their lineup!! Half their games are only available on ACCN.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

When will this ping pong game end ?? Ask Comcast, ask ESPN, ask Comcast, ask ESPN.......for nearly two years now. Ridiculous !!

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

@ironhead49 wrote:
When will this ping pong game end ?? Ask Comcast, ask ESPN, ask Comcast, ask ESPN.......for nearly two years now. Ridiculous !!

Have you asked ESPN? What did they say. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I've been asking for a year now and AT&T/Direct TV carries it, so I will be moving on to one of these carriers as soon as my contract is up.  Don't understand how Comcast won't compete with these carriers.  And I really don't want to leave, but don't have a choice. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm stumped, I can watch the Big Ten network  (luv it) and even the PAC TEN network (no interest) but not the local ACC network.   I know I don't speak for everybody, but this makes no sense noy to to be able to watch the local teams$$$$ 

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

3 years ago

just a shame Xfinity still does not offer ACC network, but they have PAC 12, Big 10 and SEC network available.

anyway, some of you may know this but if you join the free You Tube trial(which could be a week or up to a month), that is one way to watch ACC network for free. 😊

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

The basic answer I was told by someone on the ESPN side was that Comcast isn't going to carry the ACC network until the current deal expires and at that time they will likely negotiate a deal for all the channels.  I went the Hulu route until Hulu dropped the RSN's.  Right now, the only carrier in my area that has both the ACCN and the RSN is DirecTV.  The ACC games seem to be split between the ACCN and the RSN.  So, unless you go sat. you aren't going to see all the games you want to see.

ESPN's business model is to spread the games out as much as possible between their various channels to leverage the carriers into carrying all the ESPN family of channels.  Carriers don't like to have to pay for a bunch of channels.  So the problem is on both sides.  Of course, the real issue is with the ACC for signing the deal  with ESPN without including a way to make sure their fanbase can actually see the games.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

3 years ago

There was an earlier reply that referenced XUMO and ACC Network-that is incorrect.

ACC Digital Network is the name of the channel provided by XUMO, via the Xfinity apps. Appears "live games" are not shown. 

Condensed games & highlights and things of that nature are on ACC DN.

Too bad!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here