toetyperfl's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, February 19th, 2021 4:00 PM

Closed

changing Channel via computer

i am disabled and cannot use a remote. is there a  way to change channels on my cable box via computer'

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @toetyperfl and thank you for reaching out to us on Xfinity Forums! We do have a way for you to change channels via your computer! You can find the Accessible Remote Web App at xfin.tv/access. To get started, you’ll need to pair the web app with the TV you want to control with it. 

Please let me know if you need assistance getting that set up. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Well this morning it worked// now all i get is  a grey screen

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

IM using MS edge

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

3 years ago

Well, that is not good to hear. Thank you for letting us know about this so we can help fix it for you @toetyperfl! What web browser are you using to access the online remote? Have you tried to clear cache and cookies to see if this will help it load properly for you? 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Clearing the cache worked

Problem Solver

• 

369 Messages

3 years ago

Ok, thanks for the update on this. Have you tried using a different web browser by chance or clearing out all cache and cookies from your web browser? Please let us know if this helps! 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

3 years ago

That is fantastic to hear @toetyperfl! I am glad that you were able to get everything working by clearing your cache so you can enjoy the benefits of our online remote option. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need assistance with anything else. Our team is here along with a really awesome community of people to make sure you always get the help you need!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here