Community Forum

Peacock Closed Captioning

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
FogCitySue
New Poster

Peacock Closed Captioning

How do I get closed captioning on Peacock.? I cannot seem to find anyplace to select it on Peacock.  

It is on automaticcally on all other Comcast broadcasts/channels as well as on Netflick and other channels that I watch through Roku.

i have tried watching Peacock on more than one TV and have the same problem. 

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Peacock Closed Captioning

@FogCitySue wrote:

How do I get closed captioning on Peacock.? I cannot seem to find anyplace to select it on Peacock.  

It is on automaticcally on all other Comcast broadcasts/channels as well as on Netflick and other channels that I watch through Roku.

i have tried watching Peacock on more than one TV and have the same problem. 

while watching a channel or on-demand video on Peacock press the down then right button to the right edge and press enter on the cartoon speech icon.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
FogCitySue
New Poster

Thank you for the suggestion.  For me the conversation icon is on the bottom left and then I selected English subtitles. 

Euroky888
New Poster

Thank you so much. It worked!
Anon1375032
Contributor

Yes, thank you also.  It worked. 

dotcomryan2131
New Poster

Thank you!

fayjoe1
New Poster

How do we turn this on?
Consign
Regular Visitor

When I press down button nothing happens it will not move down?
540Pinehaven
New Poster

Hold the (4 way) down button
as if you were going to ff..or go back..keep going to conversation box at bottom..click the choice of English cc..
Lanyard28
New Poster

How do I get closed captioning on peacock
Rustyben
Expert

@Lanyard28 wrote:
How do I get closed captioning on peacock

while playing a video on your X1 Peacock app, press the down button on the remote and then left to the cartoon text icon. press the OK button to toggle the icon to yellow (on).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
dschirf
New Poster

Is there a way to turn on closed captioning by default instead of doing it one by one?

Rustyben
Expert

@dschirf wrote:

Is there a way to turn on closed captioning by default instead of doing it one by one?

not so far. I check every week or so to see if the 'gear' (settings) option on Peacock has an option about captions but so far nothing has changed.

lbrn
New Poster

all the suggestions seemed to be to select the down arrow on the remote, then left or right to highlight the cc button in yellow.  For my TV (panasonic) I had to use the left button on the remote, then got to the cc button.  So try all the remote options - up, down, left, right and see if one of those works.

very frustrating to spend an hour trying to be able to get cc for a show, though.

Camelot1
New Poster

Watching peacock free through xfinity. Cannot get subtitles. Help

Rustyben
Expert

@Camelot1 wrote:

Watching peacock free through xfinity. Cannot get subtitles. Help

subtitle menu is available when watching a program not a commercial. press down button then left two times to the thought bubble (like cartoon speech box). press the OK button and move up to the language offered you wish to have.

Consign
Regular Visitor

Finally got it to work.
pkmooretomball
New Poster

I have a Flex streaming device and I can't the captions to come on.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Rustyben
Expert

@pkmooretomball wrote:

I have a Flex streaming device and I can't the captions to come on.

I'd really appreciate any help.

start a video and wait for any commercial to finish, press down button on remote then left button to the cartoon voice 'box' icon.  press the OK button then 'up' to "English" and press OK.

athena14
Contributor

Peacock TV still doesn't offer closed captions as a feature.  Here's what to do (Peacock calls closed captions "subtitles.")  If you want to watch the next episode you must do all this again and again...

To turn on subtitles while playing content, please follow the steps below. 

·      Launch the content you would like to watch.

·      Click down to pull up the video playback options.

·      Toggle or click to the left to the text bubble icon.

·       Then select the subtitle option you would like to use.

·       You may have to click a button to select this choice and allow 30 seconds for the subtitles to come on.  https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/subtitles

XFComm
New Poster

On my remote the procedure is as follows:

On the Xfinity remote (mine has a section with OK and 4 directional arrows, all silver colored)

Press the silver down arrow

Press the silver left arrow until the cartoon ballon icon is highlighted

To turn on Closed Captioning (Subtitles)

Select the column showing English None Subtitles

To turn off Closed Captioning (Subtitles)

Select the column showing English Audio

athena14
Contributor

Pluto is basically Peacock in reverse.  Why don't they make things easy for us?  🙄

LisaBon888
New Poster

I press the down button, but when I press left or right it rewinds or fast forwards. If I press down again, it shows me movies like the one I’m watching. I can’t get it to select the speech bubble icon.