tomsto51's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 9th, 2024 8:29 PM

Stream app needs to be fixed!!

It is not a television issue which are new, smart and LG’s. Our router is new and more than adequate.  

The app is SLOW.  When I finally get to a channel if I go back to previous channel, THREE DOTS just keep spinning.  TV has to be turned off and on to watch.  This occurs on BOTH smart televisions.  

There is NO PROBLEM with any other apps.  

Xfinity Stream shouldn’t have rolled out until it was ready.  The longer we have it the glitches get worse.  

We don’t want to use boxes again and pay more money.  Since ALL other streaming apps work fine, what is Xfinity doing to correct it?  Calling CS doesn’t help at all.  

Shouldn’t be this difficult to watch television.  Please advise!! 

1 Message

4 months ago

I have started to experience "Loading" on YouTube programs on Samsung TV  every few 30 seconds since last night 6/14/2024 . All YouTube programs work fine on all browsers on the computers. So mine is not internet issue at all. It is TV connected to Xfinity box which has been having issue all of sudden since last night after 2 decades using Comcast/Xfinity. Now Xfinity box/TV is not watchable.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi there, user_dpha5f! I apologize that the YouTube app has been buffering making it unwatchable. We will get to the bottom of this so you can relax and enjoy your entertainment once again. Are you noticing issues with any other apps on your Samsung TV or just the YouTube app?

A step I take to reset the internet connection to my TV is to forget the WiFi network from the TV, restart my TV, then turn it back on and connect to my home WiFi network again. Have you tried that already?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

THE APP [Edited: "Language"]. It has not worked yet. I purchased a faster/expensive modem too. The one Xfinity recommended too.

(edited)

1 Message

4 months ago

I have similar issues but I also find that the Xfinity app for Samsung is slow to resolve the picture once it appears on the screen. Sometimes it’s up to 30 seconds for the high-def picture to resolve. 

The Xfinity app for Apple TV resolves right away. I just wish it had the mini guide like the Smart TV version of the app. 

Official Employee

• 

822 Messages

Hey there, user_0lc7wo! Thank you so much for sharing your input and experience. We are always looking for ways to improve the customers experience, and will document the feedback for our team. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

That’s a joke, right?

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 months ago

Wish I had read this sooner.  APP doesn’t work EVER on any TV

Official Employee

• 

579 Messages

@user_e89e51  I tested it and works fine on all my devices. If there are issues with the TV's or TV platforms for the app, we recommend a dedicated streaming device like a Roku or Firestick, that can handle the large library of available movies/shows, and massive Live TV content from the Xfinity Stream app. We also have our Xumo boxes that specialize in streaming apps. Xumo, and any dedicated streaming device will allow you to enjoy all your content successfully. It can also be Cast to any Smart TV in the home from a mobile device such as a phone or tablet. 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Xfinity tells me ALL my problems are because of my Roku TV doesn’t support their platform 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@user_e89e51​ tried to tell us their app doesn’t work with ROKU TV. That’s why everything else works.  I don’t know what to believe.  If it didn’t work with Roku tv it would never work.  It’s great when it works, but it doesn’t always work. It’s now working great with Amazon fire stick upstairs and  XUMO box downstairs. 

1 Message

4 months ago

I think they are keeping it intentionally slow so you will get annoyed and pay more to get another box.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Whoever developed the Xfinity stream app should be fired. It's buggy and slow. I have LG C1, C2 smart TV's. I have the same issues others described in this forum. I have to exit the app and restart the app every day. Every fking day. Hire better engineers Xfinity!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi there, DolbyAtmos! Thanks for reaching out about the Xfinity Stream app on your LG TVs. We want that working great and are glad to dig further into this. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far such as uninstalling or reinstalling the app, checking for TV updates, or checking if the issue is isolated to only the TVs or present on other devices as well? 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@DolbyAtmos​ they act like I’m the only customer complaining 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Over the years this app has slightly improved...until today. Our internet was down due to a "Comcast outage in our area". Since then the Xfinity Stream app will not load anything from Live TV, Saved programs, etc. Just the three dots . . . And the "try again". 

We have 5 tvs with Roku boxes, 3 Roku Smart tvs (and one cable box/dvr) using X1 wifi.

Cable box works fine. Stream app on all Roku platforms has been frozen since internet came back on 7/15/24 (same day).

Reatarted all roku devices and tvs and x1 device, restarted app, checked for updates on roku boxes/device and Stream app. Uninstalled app and reinstalled app.  STILL NOT LOADING CONTENT!!!!

Every other app running perfectly.

I, like many others, have been a customer for decades and am appalled at this long-continued issue and lack of concern/attention by actual Comcast human beings.

I will try again tomorrow im hopes that the cloud service wakes up and starts working.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Gbritey Thank you so much for letting us know you are having issues with the streaming app as well. It has been a few days since your comment are you still running into these issues for you?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 months ago

it almost seems intentional to entice people to stick with cable boxe$

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Their platform doesn’t work with ROKU TVs

2 Messages

3 months ago

Comcast is terrible they say use Firestick to resolve problem. I have a brand new firestick 4k max. And it will not work about every 5 min says not connected to internet. Back out to guide and go back to channel it is fine. I am even wired direct to my Xfinity provided router. If you recommend a solution that costs a customer money, you should make sure it works. CS is a hugh joke read from script and pass the buck if script doesn’t work. Looking to cancel and use a different service.

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

@user_hbaw4p​ I purchased a new Fire TV Stick 4K Max also and had the Internet connection dropping issue - it's a problem Amazon has to fix on the Fire TV Stick 4K Max. I called and talked to them, they had me return it and sent me another. It doesn't drop the Internet connection 3-5 times per day as the first one did, but still does once, or so, every few days. I also have Fire TV Stick 4K which has never had that problem.

Official Employee

• 

587 Messages

Hey there, @user_hbaw4p. We can definitely understand the frustration of not having a service function as it is intended. @erm54 Provided some great insight on working with Amazon on potentially getting a replacement Firestick. They mentioned they tested multiple devices and the replacement is functioning more efficiently. 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@user_hbaw4p​  if and when it works it’s great, but it doesn’t always work.  Why would anyone switch to another one of their services?

2 Messages

2 months ago

We have the same issues.  We insisted that Xfinity send a tech to our house rather than continuing to deal with customer service.  Tech removed an amplifier & installed the newest router - now we have TV's that won't connect!  Xfinity is sending a tech back to hopefully fix the issue.  I agree that the problems are app based not equipment.  Hulu is looking better every day.

Official Employee

• 

963 Messages

Hello, @user_wrfzma! Was the return tech already out and able to assist in resolving the issue?

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

On our 4th tech.  They all say something different.  But they all agree their platform doesn’t work with ROKU TVs

1 Message

2 months ago

It sucks!  I feel like I’m back in the 90’s dial up.  I’m canceling it.  It’s not worth paying for it 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Agree. Works properly here n there.  Just stops in the middle of a show, Or goes to black screen.  Unacceptable.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_h922uj,

Thank you for reaching out. I see you are considering canceling, and I am sorry to hear that. I understand the Stream App also hasn't been performing as expected for you as well. That is never what we want to hear. Can you confirm what devices you use the app with? Do you run into trouble on your Smart TV, laptops, and phones? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_e89e51, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Video and Xfinity Stream App service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Could you please provide us detail into your specific issue that you are experiencing? We would love to help and take in your feedback. We hope to hear from you soon. 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

We had a new outside cable run and that stopped the freezing.  We are still having all the other issues 

1 Message

1 month ago

I have the app and it no longer allows me to stream anything. I have xfinity wifi and I have deleted and redownloaded the app. Still nothing. No matter the channel I am trying to stream or DVR recorded video I am trying to watch it just spins.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_09ilcl Sorry to hear about the trouble with your Xfinity Stream app. We are happy to help with this. Since this is a 6-month-old thread, we ask you to please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post. Thank you! 

1 Message

1 month ago

I'm sorry to be blunt but can you stop gaslighting us and please fix the issues. It doesn't matter the brand of the tv or casting device, it's the app.

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

1 month ago

In a nutshell I am having all of these issues. CS is horrible,<Edited: Language>. I’m told their platform doesn’t work with ROKU TVs. You’ll need an Amazon fire stick or a XUMO box.  It’s better now with the fire stick and XUMO box but we are still having the same problems.  Just not as frequent. It’s taken over 4 hours months for them to come up with this solution. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello, user_e89e51! I am sorry to hear that the Stream app has been acting up. We appreciate all of your help with troubleshooting so we can get to the root cause of the problem. This link shows the compatible Roku devices with the Xfinity Stream app. You can check that your Roku is supported and has the required firmware. 

I am glad that the new cable was run and want to get the rest fixed as well. Does the Roku device show there is a good internet signal? 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@user_e89e51​ I spoke too soon. Mine isnt working today. So frustrating.  

1 Message

1 month ago

On 8/18/24 on my Roku tv and other Roku devices can not function as they were with the Xfinity Stream APP.  I have done everything that people have stated previously. An Xfinity tech just left my home.  He tested all equipment and it works, but the Xfinity Stream APP does not work properly with the Live TV choice.  Even the Xfinity techies feel that something is wrong with the Xfinity Stream APP.  Sounds like  a software issue with the Xfinity APP is the problem, so why cannot Xfinity upgrade the APP.  All of my other apps work fine.

Xfinity user Russ in Murfreesboro TN

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here