U

Saturday, September 7th, 2024 10:16 PM

Xfinity Stream App

On 8/18/24 on my Roku tv and other Roku devices can not function as they were with the Xfinity Stream APP.  I have done everything that people have stated previously. An Xfinity tech just left my home.  He tested all equipment and it works, but the Xfinity Stream APP does not work properly with the Live TV choice.  Even the Xfinity techies feel that something is wrong with the Xfinity Stream APP.  Sounds like  a software issue with the Xfinity APP is the problem, so why cannot Xfinity upgrade the APP.  All of my other apps work fine.

Xfinity user Russ in Murfreesboro TN

This post was created from this comment on different post

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hello, @user_imnsnv! Thank you for leaving a comment with your similar concerns on this user's post. We've converted your comment into its own post in order to ensure we properly address every question and concern you may have. Plus, it's always good to report these types of issues with any app of ours to the appropriate team for investigation and resolution. So, could you please send our team a direct message to get started?

To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

I cannot use the app either, what is the fix??????

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_2cea36! Thanks for leaving a comment with your shared concern. We're happy to look into this for you. We just need a few more details. In what way(s) is the Xfinity Stream app not working for you (i.e. streaming live TV, playback of recordings, login issues, etc.)?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 month ago

I'm also having trouble streaming on my Roku TV. I have removed and re-added the app several times and looked for updates, and it still won't connect.

Official Employee

• 

527 Messages

Good afternoon @genXfogey. Can you provide some more details on your issue? Are you getting any error messages? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 month ago

We had this happen about 2 weeks ago. They had to escalate to an advanced agent who disassociated the streaming from our account and then reactivated it from the back end.  That fixed it.  But it started not working again tonight.   We reported it and we're told there's an app issue that engineers are working on.   We will see.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 hours ago

We are having the same problem and not just on Roku but Amazon fire stick. I spent about two hours on Chat the other day with techs and nothing was resolved. It worked fine and then just stopped around the beginning of September. We cannot get live TV channels on any of our TVs at home, but I can on my phone which doesn’t really serve me

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here