U

5 Messages

Friday, March 1st, 2024 1:17 AM

Closed

Xumo switching to dateline

XUMO box is constantly switching to Xumo play and dateline 24/7 and some murder show. It doesn’t matter what app. Please give me a suggestion and do not tell me to contact you in a chat I’ve tried for hours to reach someone.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 months ago

Hey @user_dgpc9d, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. When it switches to Dateline, is it going to a on demand show or the line it is on? If it is the channel, is that channel also in your favorites?

1 Message

6 months ago

My xumo also does this and I don't have dateline favorited. Everytime the TV is turned on its automatically plays dateline and I have 4 kids. Listening to a violent murder description before they can switch it off and change the channel, isn't exactly something they should be hearing. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_n86kmm  @user_dgpc9d

We're so sorry to hear that this is going on. Can you please include any troubleshooting you have performed so far? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Same problem here - what is the solution please!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

HALLOFSHAME, thanks for reaching out and letting us know you are having the issue too. I'd like to take a deeper look into what is going on and probably submit a ticket for our engineers to get it fixed. When you get a chance can you send us a direct message?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

Hey there, @user_n86kmm. We are circling back around to ensure your Xumo issue has been resolved. Let us know if you're still requiring assistance with that service!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

Hello~ I am also experiencing this same issue. We could be watching something on Hulu (or another app) when all of a sudden dateline breaks in and starts playing. The only thing that sometimes works is to unplug and re-plug the box back in. 

I am also running into the issue of the box and my TV not communicating, so I am having to unplug and re-plug the box back in multiple times a week. We're using the new HDMI cable that came with the box. We've also tried switching HDMI ports, but still have the same issues.

Any suggestions as to why these problems keep occurring? Any long-term solutions on how to mitigate them from continuing to occur?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Rj61106 Have you tried turning off the default to live TV option on the Start-up and Standby settings for the Dateline 24/7 issue? Xumo Stream Box from Xfinity — Settings overview

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

Hey there, @Rj61106. We wanted to circle back around and ensure your Xumo was not randomly changing channels/apps on you. Let us know if you're still experiencing and issues! 

1 Message

6 months ago

It happens no matter what app I am using. I can be on netflix for 2 mins then BOOM dateline appears. Same with Hulu and HBO Max. It is super annoying, the flex box never did that. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello user_9015lp, that would be super annoying to deal with, especially if you're experiencing often. Let's work on this together and get on the same page. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps on your end? If not, can you please start by doing a hard reset of your Xumo box by unplugging it and plugging it back in? 

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

Hey there, @user_9015lp. We are circling back around and wanted to ensure you Xumo box was not changing channels or apps on you randomly. Let us know if you're still experiencing any sort of issues with your Xumo service!

1 Message

6 months ago

Having the same issue, no matter what I’m watching, dateline flips back and forth, I’ve tried turning the tv in and off but it doesn’t work 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Nothing works very frustrating need a new provider - why do we have to work so hard just to watch a show uninterrupted by dateline ?

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

Hey there, @user_cszd49. One of our awesome representatives pointed out a possible solution, but have not gotten a confirmation if updating the Start Up Setting for Default to Live TV is switched off works or not. Check out how to reach that section here towards the bottom of the page.

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

Hey there, @user_cszd49. We are looping back to see if you're still having issues with your Xumo box randomly going to different channels and/or apps. Let us know if you're still experiencing any issues so we can assist!

1 Message

6 months ago

Hi I’m experiencing the same issue.Ot doesn’t matter what we are watching when all of the sudden it goes to another show. We got our box yesterday and this issue started happing a few hours later. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_7e66hc,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with us regarding the Xumo Streaming Box. Have you attempted to contact the Xumo support team by clicking here and initiating a chat with the team? 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_7e66hc, Good day to you! We just wanted to check back in with you today to see if you are still experiencing issues. We are here to help. 👍

1 Message

6 months ago

I'm experiencing the exact same thing and honestly I'm going to switch providers if this isn't fixed ASAP. I have called and complained about this as well. No one does anything about it and I have young kids and this dateline is NOT something that should be  coming on. I have tried doing all the trouble shoots and nothing works. Very very upsetting to go through all of this to watch a show for the amount of money it costs each month. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_z3xcr6 we would hate to see you go, and want to ensure that your services are working exactly as you need. I am not seeing any known issues for this, but would like to investigate this further with you to ensure we get you the proper resolution you need! If you send us a direct message with your full name and address, we'll be able to help out! Just hit the direct message icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, click "new message", type "Xfinity Support" and select that profile to send us a message directly.
[Edit: Corrected username]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_z3xcr6, Hi! I hope this message finds you well. I just wanted to check back in with you today to see if you are still having issues. We are here for you. 

1 Message

5 months ago

I tried the live TV and turn off and still having issues. Help as this is super annoying 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_rgvp3e an update has taken place. This issue should be resolved now. Please let us know if you still have issues once you have restarted your box. 

2 Messages

I think mine is only happening when I use the YouTube tv app

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello user_z6ur8d, are you experiening the same Xumo box issues as the OP? If not, can you please elaborate more regarding your YouTube TV app issues?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here