U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, January 14th, 2022 3:13 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App Recorded Shows Freezing

The last 3 shows in a row that I’ve recorded and tried to watch on my iPad with the Xfinity Stream app freeze at some point and I can only hear audio while the picture freezes.  This has happened a lot in the past but is getting too frequent now.  The app is clearly not functioning correctly to be usable.  Any advice?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello there @user_98082e thank you so much for reaching out for help with your Xfinity Stream app/web portal not working when trying to watch your recorded shows! I have a great page that may help! If you take a look here at this link you can see there are some troubleshooting steps that may help! https://comca.st/3A32vIw

Give those a try and let me know if you are still running into the issue! 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB Hi!  Thank you for reaching out.  I went to the page you suggested but did not see anything that applies to my situation.  I have had this same issue on 2 different iPads.  The one I am currently using is an iPAD mini 5th gen with software 14.8.1.  I have tried to close the show, restart the show, close/restart the app, I even uninstalled/reinstalled the app but nothing seems to fix the issue.  This issue of the picture freezing while the audio continues keeps happening over and over and I cannot watch the shows I have recorded.  I see many people having this same issue for well over a year.  Does Comcast have a permanent fix to this issue?  Is this being prioritized?  Thank you for your continued help to resolve this.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Thank you for sharing this information with me. I would like to take a closer look into this. Can you send me a direct message with your address and name? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityMikeB Hi!  How do i send a direct message to you?  I went into messaging and searched for your name but it was not found.  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue on my iPhone. It is occurring with greater and greater frequency. When will this be fixed??

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Hello @user_1636dd. We would like to assist you with your inquiry. Please send us a private message to further assist you.
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue when playing recorded shows on my iPad. This does not happen on my Comcast box. This issue happened once in a while but now happens every recording since the latest app update. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_b47438 Same for me - happening on every single recording now all of a sudden.  This is causing me to think about alternatives unfortunately if I cannot get this fixed quickly :(  Literally cannot access my content if I am not with my physical box which feels archaic these days.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Hello @user_b47438 We would like to assist you with your inquiry. Please send us a private message to further assist you.
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Agreed. Using on my IPhone. All s/w and app up to date. This is an obvious break in the s/w. Escalate to put a ticket into your Apps group. You all know how to escalate. No song/dance replied required. Just assure your thousands of customers you are working towards a resolution. 

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Hi, @Dittman3. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with these details in regard to your experience with the Recording function on the Xfinity Stream app. We understand how issues like this can cause a major inconvenience and this feedback is very much appreciated. It would be my pleasure to get a ticket opened up for your account. If you would like for me to help you with this, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address so that we can assist you further. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

For me it freezes up in every show. It’s happens after using the Smart Resume. Once a commercial starts and you click the forward arrow for smart resume, the video freezes but the audio continues. 

then it won’t start again except for through the cable box. 

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Hello @clairealt We would like to assist you with your inquiry. Please send us a private message to further assist you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having the same issue for a while but it’s definitely gotten worse. Picture freezes but sounds keep playing. Happened on my iPhone XS and now on the 13pro. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_3599e1​ There is no resolution.  It has been a known problem for > 1 year and it isnt fixed but is getting worse.  I was on a support chat for 4 days and nothing worked.  Unfortunately, I will be going to YouTubeTV soon so I can get my content on any device seamlessly.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_3599e1!Thanks for visiting our forums page for help with the XFINITY Stream app issue. I am sorry to learn about this experience with the picture freezing. I always watch my videos via the Stream app when on the go or at home on my Roku stick so I understand the inconvenience that this can cause. We appreciate you greatly for your time and for patiently waiting for a response. We can help. Are you still experiencing issues at this time? Do you ever notice an error message or an error code?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_98082e​ I about to say to H with Comcast too over this issue. Our bill exceeds $250 a month and half of what I want to watch on my phone has to be on my home wifi or the picture freezes up while audio keeps going. This just isn't worth it. Will have to look into YouTubeTV. I assume I can watch CNN live and whatever other shows?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here.  Sound keeps playing for a bit but picture is froze.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Thanks for taking the time to create a post here in the Community, kellystanworth. Please confirm which network, show, season, and episode number that you're experiencing this with so we can investigate further. 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have also been having the same issue on iPad for several months. Was hoping it would have been resolved by now, but from this thread seems like it's not being treated like a know issue. Any eta on an app fix?

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

@sallies I want to help you look into the issue with your Ipad and watching your Xfinity Stream App as quickly as possible. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" message:

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I don’t have a solve for this , but if Xfinity tech support is reading this—for me it doesn’t happen if I sit through the commercials. The freezing happens when I try to move forward in the device both of the show is downloaded and in watching on airplane mode AND if I have a Wi-Fi connection and I am watching a show that is recorded but not downloaded. 

so- it has something to do with skipping forward. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@clairekalt Thank you for reaching out and letting us know. What device(s) are you using?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

it happens on my iPad. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@clairekalt​ it happens to me regardless of fast forwarding or being patient and sucking it up through the commercials just so it doesn’t freeze…I’ve tried!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

HI there @user_54fdd2!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to heat from you and happy to help in any way that we can today.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to get you squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3Pj8rDF 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue of freezing video on the stream app using any Apple Ipad Pro, Ipad 8th generation and Iphone XR.  The recording from the DVR plays perfectly well, and freeze typically is same spot on any device. Audio plays fine and the show continues with audio only.

I can even scrub fast forward and get to further spots and the video remains stuck and audio scrubs to any new spot.  That link that you give as a suggestion, those remedies have been tried to no avail.  https://comca.st/3A32vIw 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @breplum thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our forums. We have received your peer-to-peer message and look forward to troubleshooting this issue with you.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity won’t help you on these forums. Everything they are recommending doesn’t work. File a complaint with the FCC. I have done this and Comcast corporate is now engaged. The more people that do this brings awareness to the problem. Comcast has now been out to my home twice. They think this is a hardware (equipment) and/or signal (wiring) problem but it’s not. They came out replaced hardware and checked wiring replaced them still same issue. File the FCC complaint. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_4cf039​ I gave up and cancelled my Comcast cable and now have YouTube TV where I can watch content on any device without it freezing!  I tried to fix this issue for a month and Comcast was not helpful and didn’t seem to prioritize given this a known issue for > 1 year.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I too am having the same issue....show freezes but audio continues.  Something needs to be done - especially with the rates we're paying.  There has to be a fix other than restarting the box and sending a new signal.....

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for reaching out @user_70cc12! Has anything gotten better since this post? The Xfinity Stream App is still in it's beta stages so this may be something the dev team is working on fixing. Either way I'd be happy to take a look if the issue is still ongoing.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having this issue as well. I have been trying to find the peer to peer feature so I can send a message and get personal support, but I don't see it anywhere. The picture freezing up has been a constant issue for the last few months. I agree with other users that it seems to happen most after using the smart resume forward function. Either we have to sit through commercials or we have to hear audio but see a frozen picture. This is the worst app I currently have. 

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @user_1165f1. Our instructions actually have changed and we no longer use the peer to peer chat option. It's now listed as direct message. I will detail the instructions below. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 

Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3vYDONr

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Just another customer here weighing in because I have exactly the same problem. Picture freezes while audio continues, when using the Xfinity stream app on iOS devices, with the app and all software in latest versions. None of the suggested fixes help at all, including reinstalling app. Clearly a pervasive problem. I’ve been dealing with it intermittently for months but now it has become extremely frequent. The main reason I have comcast Xfinity service is to be able to watch Celtics games on mobile devices, and increasingly it just isn’t possible. Paying WAY too much money for a service that doesn’t work reliably.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_818e30! I love using the Stream app so I want to make sure you're able to enjoy it as well :). Are you having issues with recordings freezing on your cable box or only the app? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

My problems are only with the app. And the problem happened again with a newly recorded basketball game, even since my previous post. I’m very eager to find a solution.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Ah, man @user_818e30! I am sorry to learn about the problem happening again. As a heavy sports fan myself who also likes streaming on the XFINITY Stream app, I understand how frustrating this can be. I am eager to help you find a solution as quickly as possible. While reviewing this issue further, I am seeing that we currently have our awesome Fix teams working hard with dedication and commitment to resolving the issue as quickly as possible. What I would like to do from here is attempt some troubleshooting steps on my end. To get started, would you mind sending over a direct message with your name and address? You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your peer to peer ("private") message.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ I was able to send a direct message to Xfinity Support. I did not see a way for me to send the message directly to you. Your handle did not come up when I searched for it. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

You used the correct handle to send me a direct message. Thanks for sending that over. I will continue in assisting you from there. :)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

From all of the ask/posts on this issue and how long it has persisted there should be some public acknowledgement that there is indeed a problem.  When viewing shows on iPad it shows just a black screen or the graphic that shows what channel is being watched.  This occurs intermittently for me.  Note it does show video going to floating smaller screen.  I use this capability all over the house and it is quite frustrating.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here