U

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 6:36 PM

Closed

TVAPP-00148

I just encountered error code TVAPP-00148 on the Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung TV. Worked fine for prior 6 months. App streams fine on other devices and tvs. Tried turning off/on tv and deleting/installing app on Samsung tv. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

seems to be a bug which is common with technology i have a Samsung aswell I just airplay/ screen mirror it to the tv from my phone || we hare living in times where updates does happen i guess im used to it because i play the sims which with mods it crashes with updated it does take time for others to get theirs updated aswell and for everything to work smoothly 

37 Messages

Great if you want to watch 1080p on a 4k TV.  Samsung needs to fix their OS.

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 months ago

I am having the same issue with my Samsung, contacted support and they said it will be resolved in 30-60 minutes. Have any of you contacted support and were told this? ERROR MESSAGE IS ERROR: TVAPP-00148

My Sony is working fine. 

37 Messages

Well, it's been going on for at least a couple of days.  It's not gonna get fixed in the next hour.  I've heard that all day long....

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Agreed I just got off the phone with them and they said it’s an ongoing issue 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user-71291​ yes they told me same [Edit: language] 3 times , my LG is working perfect it is with Samsung 

(edited)

2 Messages

I am suddenly getting the same error being reported the tvapp 00148 when trying to stream live tv on xfinity app. On my Samsung. I have done a hard shut off several times and still nothing. I uninstalled the xfinity app and reinstalled and still  can’t select from the live tv guide and watch a program. I was on hold with xfinity for 15” and then left my number for a call back. What the hell! 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

8 months ago

Hey everyone.  Try it now.  Mine is working.  Had to exit out of the app and go back in but it’s streaming now.  Thanks to everyone that pushed this matter with both Samsung and xfinity 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_30zu9n​ do u have a newer Samsung ? 

2 Messages

@user_30zu9n​ 

Nope not working yet for us

1 Message

8 months ago

Same issue on my Samsung

2 Messages

Has yours come back yet?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_3u9uck thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the Xfinity Stream app on your Samsung. We are aware of a known issue since the latest Samsung update. We are working with their team to get this resolved as soon as possible. At this time, I would recommend using another device to cast to your TV or continue streaming. We truly appreciate your patience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

Same with me.   I tried to Google and came across some old posts with fixes but tried them and nothing worked.   I just bought this TV last year.   All other apps work fine. Ugh!

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Still not working....same error code.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Mine also 2 days now not working 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @kmay5, thank you for reaching out to our forum for help with your Steam app error code. Have you tried to delete the app and reinstall it? If so, are you able to sign in to the app at all, or are you getting this error code immediately as it opens? As a friendly reminder, please review our Forum Guidelines regarding netiquette.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

8 months ago

Same issue with my Samsung TV. Xfinity chat bot sux, no help. 

You'd think they'd at least know they're own error code.

Hope this is fixed soon, wife was going crazy when I got home lol 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_zeroly Thank you for your patience! Our engineering team is working on this issue with Samsung. We hope to have a resolution soon, thank you for your patience! 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

8 months ago

They are definitely working on it. I’ve been able to get in twice now.  Fingers crossed 

1 Message

Just adding my voice as one more person with a Samsung TV getting this error on the app. I can open the app and pull up channel listings, but when I try to watch a show, I get the threaded 148 error. Hopefully they actually are working on a fix for this!

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

Yeah the more of us who complain the better our chances of something happening 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@Dclarkson1​ yes we need to all complain here 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @Dclarkson1, we do have a known issue that our engineers are working to resolve, so we have the best team on the job. Are you able to confirm if this is only impacting your live channels? 

6 Messages

8 months ago

I have been chatting with Samsung for the last hour and a half and they had me do a hard reset. I uploaded the Xfinity app, and I am still receiving the same iMessage that I have for the last two days. I suggest that everyone go to the Better Business Bureau and enter a rating on both companies.  Maybe the low ratingsis will make some heads roll 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello @user_3o67us!  Thanks so much for taking the time to voice your concerns here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to assist in any way that we can.  So that we can take a closer look at what is going on, please feel free to shoot us a private message.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

8 months ago

About read to cancel this [Edit: language] horrible customer service too.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_ykpjf5​ yes I was texting it was horrible 

7 Messages

8 months ago

Yesterday's Samsung update caused this widespread, nationwide XfinityTVAPPP-00148 issue, but we have had an intermittent issue with streaming Xfinity on our Samsung Smart TV for a while.  I discussed this streaming issue with a Xfinity technician who came to my house to install a cable box for an old TV in my basement about a month ago.  He advised me to install a fire stick, because it is a known issue that Xfinity does not work well with Samsung Smart TVs.  What really bothers me is that Xfinity would waste our time and keep us on the phone for hours installing and uninstalling the app over and over again.  This is dishonest and shows a lack of integrity and respect for the customer.  It's time to cut the cord and report them to the FCC. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_19n83m​  well said my friend , no integrity at all , they know there is an issue and won’t tell anyone 

7 Messages

8 months ago

II addition to the Better Business Bureau, we need to report them to the FCC and customer advocacy group.  This is so unethical and dishonest.  

37 Messages

8 months ago

Amazingly, I just got home and tried it again.  It worked.  You have to exit the app and reload.

37 Messages

And then it stopped....same problem.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_fnvq0d​ PSYCH! LOL, NOT AT ALL

7 Messages

8 months ago

Here is the link to file a complaint with the FCC and share your experiences:  FCC Complaints  

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

8 months ago

This is FLAT OUT RIDICULOUS, I have not had TV now for 2 days , same error [edit: language], TVAPP-00148 , I don’t feel like I have to get a Fire Stick , that’s why I bought 2 , 70 inch Samsungs , Xfinity should have known this issue they keep having with Samsung TVs , no one mentioned to me at Xfinity this issue but would t u think they would call Samsung to correct this ongoing issue 

(edited)

5 Messages

Finally worked at 9:30pm, eastern time.

37 Messages

Mine did too for about 2 mins then back to the same thing.

1 Message

8 months ago

Still no live streaming here on the east coast time zone at 9:43PM. Throwing up the white flag on this BS

6 Messages

Mine not working yet.   I deleted and added the app again.  Still no

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, user_vau8l6! I'm so sorry this has been a having issues streaming on the Xfinity Stream app. Are you still having issues?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey there @user_7uoehb, I know issues with the Stream app can be annoying, I love using it too, but I'd love a chance to work with you. Are you getting the same error code that was listed in the original post? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here