Vando22's profile

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Thursday, October 12th, 2023 1:04 PM

Closed

Desktop version of the NEW Xfinity App

If you're going to force that app on customers you really should have made a desktop version of it.  There are a lot of people who don't use mobile phones, mostly because they use the phone less than their microwave and for many people there is nothing appealing about typing on a phone and looking at a small screen.  It still doesn't guarantee someone like me downloads the app, but a desktop version might have been a wise move if forcing it on customers.

Official Employee

• 

445 Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for that valuable feedback, I will be sure to share this with our leadership team. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I am very intersected in a reply to this message.  I and my husband are retired. We live on Social Security. And a small pension.  We cannot afford to purchase/rent a new smart phone to comply to your strict requirements.  I have had arguements with him about keeping your products.  I'm about to give in to him.. Just because I cannot get to your website if you do not offer it on a PC/MAX platform.  I think that it is a bad business practice to NOT offer it in this platform also.    I  would be interested to see if one of the news outlets would be interested in this little conversation, and your lack of a response to it?  Also the people  of Memphis that will be interested with this conversation on one of the social networks?  We will see what your response will be.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey @cathyj007 thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support Team. We are sorry that you are also having issues accessing the website to stream. Please send us a DM with your name and address so we can see how to help. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ I'm sorry but I do not believe she mentioned not being able to access the website. She mentioned not being able to access the account/usage because Xfinity seems to think everyone should have a smartphone! At $700-$1900 pet smartphone, not everyone can afford that, especially on top of Xfinitys costs. Not to mention, any seniors or those with limited knowledge that are not tech savvy ad far as smartphones and apps have no way of managing the account personally on their computer.

I myself had my cellphone and wifi hacked, so when I needed to setup a new gateway, the only option was to use the app on the compromised cellphone, instead of being able to use an incognito browser on my computer for safety! As big as Xfinity is, there's no excuse for the discrimination and I would be happy to join the ranks on this issue!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_z01paq Thank you for your feedback. While we do believe the Xfinity App is an excellent resource for all of our customers the Xfinity account site (xfinity.com/account) will allow you to access what you need. We can also assist with modem activation or any other issue you may be having if the app is giving you any trouble. If there is anything you need assistance with specific to your account, please let us know.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

No it won't. I need to access parental controls and theyre not available on the internet, only on phone apps.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_vh1k5d Thank you for your feedback regarding the parental controls. We will be happy to submit this over to the team. 

1 Message

10 months ago

I agree we need a desktop version immediately.

1 Message

8 months ago

I have had xfinity for over 12 years and I am not happy no app for my pc and all the price increases. I am going to drop xfinity.

2 Messages

8 months ago

It is the stupidest thing on earth to only create an APP for MOBILE!!! There are people who still use a PC!!! As big as you are, you don't think about this??!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I am thinking of starting a class action lawsuit as we also use flip phones only and use our laptops for everything that needs internet access. This is clearly discrimination.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @ihavehadenough, are you having specific issues or concerns with our website? I'd love a chance to help turn things around and make sure your service is working as it should. 

4 Messages

7 months ago

This is a huge oversight by xfinity. I have limited data on my internet, and I am not able to view my data usage through the website. I've spoken with multiple representatives from xfinity and their only solution is to use the app. I don't remember my contract stating that I will be needing a smartphone in order to monitor my data usage. I do not use smartphones due to mental health concerns, so what solution can xfinity offer me? I know that they will happily charge me extra if I go over my limit but who is responsible in this situation. I do wonder how this would play out in the courtroom... a company charging you extra for overages but you are not able to check your usage unless you buy this $1000 smartphone device which is not provided to you by the company. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @NeedMoreSmart! Most of the features in the Xfinity app are available through our website. If you do not see your usage meter on our website, please make sure you are signed in as a primary user or manager.

The data usage meter will be displayed on the device page, under the Data Usage Overview section.

If you have questions related to the data usage meter please contact our Customer Security Assurance team at 1(800) 934-6489.

4 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ I am the only user on the account which would make my account the primary user. I have visited that DEVICE PAGE from 3 different browsers, and 2 different devices and always the same result. Your website clearly was coded poorly and rolled out to the public. Unless you can provide a solid solution, telling me what I've already heard from several of your representatives over the phone is only going to make me more upset. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

In that case, @NeedMoreSmart. We recommend you reach out to our Customer Security Assurance team at 1(800) 934-6489.

4 Messages

If you know of a way to populate my data usage graph between DEVICES and HELP&SUPPORT on this page, I am all ears:

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thanks for sharing the screenshots, @NeedMoreSmart.  The way to access your usage details would be to take the following steps: Your services (next to Xfinity logo - upper left-hand side) > Internet > Your Plan > Usage > View Usage. If you take these steps, do you see the "View usage" option (right-hand side)? To clarify, our usage meter does not provide a detailed usage per device. It would only allow you to see the total usage for the month. 

1 Message

7 months ago

I have been an Xfinity customer for some time and have not had the type of issues with accessing Xfinity website until recently. I have movies I purchased and they are in my purchased section of the streaming app. What I would like to have is a streaming app for the computer as well as cell phone, Amazon firestick etc. Accessing this library is difficult now with changes that you have made to the system. Recently I had the issue of it not accessing it via Microsoft edge browser. It tells me to clear the cache which the changes they made to the system it is hard to find. I have windows 11 Pro and looked to see if there was a group policy I could change that would allow me to clear it, but even when I was able to clear part of it the message about it not being able to access due to cache still shows up. What I would like to know at this point does your system like Microsoft edge I get the impression that the configuration of your system won't allow browsers to access it. I dropped the TV portion so I could have internet and save some money, but it looks like there are some inherited problems I thought would not occur. I was reassured that I would still be able to access my library since I do not have some movies in other apps that I only have in Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_a0o84v,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forum support page. We would be more than happy to assist with the Xfinity Stream issues you may be experiencing. There are no known issues with the website or Xfinity Stream portal that we are aware of currently. The application and web portal appear to be working as intended. Do you happen to have any other web browser you can attempt to open the Xfinity Stream web portal to see if you encounter any issues to determine if its Edge or a possible settings issue? 

One feature I really love about being an Xfinity customer is that we do support Movies Anywhere. While we do not have an application specific for Windows, you are able to link your Movies Anywhere account with Xfinity to have access to your library in more places than one. Depending on the studio, you may be able to access what you want in a different application. While I personally do not like the applications on PC, you can see if there is a Movies Anywhere app that may support what you are looking to do. 

You can visit our 'Xfinity Stream app minimum system requirements' support page for supported devices, browsers and more. You can learn to link your Xfinity Stream account and Movies Anywhere account by visiting our 'Movies Anywhere service' support page. Please let us know if any of these alternatives help you and if you need any further assistance. 

2 Messages

5 months ago

did not see an appropriate response as to can the xfinity app be on a laptop or computer instead of a smart phone

thanks, steve

2 Messages

5 months ago

i am not able to find how to put required app on laptop

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_j93aix, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. The Xfinity app currently isn't supported on PCs.

1 Message

4 months ago

Good to know - I am going to return this advance modem/router. I don't wish to use my phone for managing any of these applications.   Let me know when you introduce desktop alternative. 

Contributor

• 

152 Messages

4 months ago

Reply to Vando22

🖥️ I have given feedback numerous times to prepare the app for iPad . 
I love my iPad and use it much more than my iPhone and iMac  .  I agree ,  it's a  much better typing tool than my  little iPhone keyboard .  I have a purple rectangle surrounded by a thick black border ~ it's not a full page .

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here