CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

125 Messages

9 years ago

yes and I hit order only, instead of order and record, then I hit record, then it said each program in the time block would show up as individual shows on the dvr. Then i hit the option that said record ppv. I thought it worked only to wake up this morning and see it hadn't recorded. And I suppose tuning to the channel wouldn't have mattered? I assume when you record something that it'll tune to the channel by itself? I don't know how dvr's work.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

I'm having an issue with my X1 box. It's an Arris XG1-A.

When I shut my TV down and later turn it on, it will usually default to 720P.  I can manually go to the settings menu and switch back to 1080P, but this is a hassle. Is there a way to lock the box in 1080P? 

The TV is a brand new Vizio P503UI 4K UltraHD.  I have tried several HDMI cables with the same results.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I'm having a new problem with the my X1 DVR when connected to a Sony HD projection TV.  It had been working normally for about a year, and within the last 2 weeks it has been having a problem with the display.  First, when I turn on the TV in the afternoon, the display is "enlarged" such that when I click on the 'XFinity' button (to bring up the onscreen menu), it appears by the menu is off the screen so I can't see it.  If I turn off my X1 box, and then turn it back on it is "fixed".  I suspect this is something that is getting messed up when it does a nightly update (I had a similar problem when I first got my X1 box, and that was eventually resolved).  Anyway, this is a new problem and it's rather annoying to have to reset the box each day to watch TV.

Is this a known problem? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Well, the 1080i doesn't stick. Hopefully they fix this soon. It would be great to have an option to 'lock' the resolution.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

I just upgraded to X1.  I am having the same issues that you were having - frequent hangups, sometimes the sound goes out and "connecting to server" issues.  It is hard to believe that the problem is signal issues whem the previous xfinity system has worked fine for years and nothing changed except the modem and boxes.

X1 does seem like it is very buggy beta software.  If this is as good as X1 gets, I want to go back to the old system.

Problem Solver

• 

591 Messages

9 years ago

@bigdg wrote:

I just upgraded to X1.  I am having the same issues that you were having - frequent hangups, sometimes the sound goes out and "connecting to server" issues.  It is hard to believe that the problem is signal issues whem the previous xfinity system has worked fine for years and nothing changed except the modem and boxes.

X1 does seem like it is very buggy beta software.  If this is as good as X1 gets, I want to go back to the old system.

It could very well be signal issues, the X1 boxes have much tighter signal requirements as they have a cable modem (Internet) in them, and if the signal levels are not pristine you will have frequent lockups/slow remote/unable to connect issues. The old boxes didn't have this requirement. In many cases the TV outlets in your home will have much weaker signal than the outlet the Internet modem is on due to splits, cable length, etc.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

I had a cable modem before, triple play, the works.  It all worked fine.  Now I have X1 and many problems

Problem Solver

• 

591 Messages

9 years ago

@bigdg wrote:

I had a cable modem before, triple play, the works.  It all worked fine.  Now I have X1 and many problems

Yes but that is meaningless unless the modem was using the same physical outlet as X1 is now.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I appreciate the response to Lobsta. I have the same issues with my DVR, and the technician who installed it appeared very knowledgable and efficient, checking the signal at every outlet prior to the  installation.  There is an amplifier on the line, and yes, it is plugged securely into the outlet. 

The first problem was returning to Live TV after watching a recording. Called customer service and they were unable to connect to the device although it appeared that the problem was resolved while she was on the phone. I will be calling again soon as the extended delays switching between channels (if the channel EVER tunes in) is very annoying, as well as the delayed response to fast forward and play commands from the remote while watching a recording. I have been a TiVo user for over a decade so I know my DVR expectations are a little high, but trying to watch anything on this DVR gets on our nerves. We can stream the recordings to the other device without ANY problems, but unfortunately, that device is not in a room we can always watch TV. 

We are missing our TiVo right now...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

@JoeywitQ wrote:

I appreciate the response to Lobsta. I have the same issues with my DVR, and the technician who installed it appeared very knowledgable and efficient, checking the signal at every outlet prior to the  installation.  There is an amplifier on the line, and yes, it is plugged securely into the outlet. 

The first problem was returning to Live TV after watching a recording. Called customer service and they were unable to connect to the device although it appeared that the problem was resolved while she was on the phone. I will be calling again soon as the extended delays switching between channels (if the channel EVER tunes in) is very annoying, as well as the delayed response to fast forward and play commands from the remote while watching a recording. I have been a TiVo user for over a decade so I know my DVR expectations are a little high, but trying to watch anything on this DVR gets on our nerves. We can stream the recordings to the other device without ANY problems, but unfortunately, that device is not in a room we can always watch TV. 

We are missing our TiVo right now...

Try pairing your remote to the X1 - the instructions are on the back of the remote.  Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Came home today and for some reason my dvr doesnt respond to anything. The remote light flashes on the dvr when i push a button but nothing happens. Eventually the dvr will process a few of the remote commands and freeze up again no responding to the remote

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Ok so i have a splitter for my coax. Router and x1 dvr. All black channels. Remove splitter connect directly from wall to x1 and it works. Switched out the splitter and all black channels. Not sure what could have gone wrong overnight for this to happen. Now i dont have wifi but i have tv

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you. This has been a slight improvement. The device is a little more responsive, except when attempting to tune in regular (HD) channels after watching a recording. It still takes several MINUTES at times. 

Problem Solver

• 

591 Messages

9 years ago

Is the box model number PX013AN?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

I attempted to switch out the splitter with another one i had and the same issue occured. internet and tv do not work with the splitter anymore. i have to go directly from the wall to the x1 dvr. Even when i went back to wall to dvr it didnt work 90% of the time

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here