CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

18K Messages

9 years ago

@kimba72 wrote:

Oh My Gosh I am so fed up with this. I have woken up 3 out of 5 morning this week to no TV service. I have literally been on hold for 25 minutes now waiting for help. I am soooo close to calling Direct TV. It may be a tad more expensive but we NEVER had these problems with our service, or a lack of customer service. My code this morning is XRE 00088.... I had unplugged, held the power button down, it says restart now but does nothing when I press ok...very disappointed. About to do a corporate contact search. Anyone have this info??

Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I had the same problem...here's how I fixed it: The reason I got this code was because the box that is connected to the coax cable that comes into the house was unplugged. Find where the cable comes into your house (mine is in the basement)...you'll see it connected to some kind of splitter, which also has a power cable connected to it. Turns out mine was unplugged...I plugged it back in and voila! It worked! Keep in mind I am NOT referring to your actrual cable box...I'm referring to the splitter that is located wherever the cable is coming into your home. Good luck. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Has anyone had issues with activating an X1 companion cable box? I have (3) X1 boxes: 1 main DVR and 2 companions. I have 1 companion box that I haven't been able to get working.

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting with the jokers at Comcast tech support (tier 1). All the basics are covered: no coax issues, HDMI issues. The other boxes work on the outlet so I know I have adequate signal. I've also replaced the box in question with a new box and the new box is duplicating the same issue.

When I power on the box I get "XFINITY" in red letters on the TV for about 3 seconds. It goes to either a black or gray screen. The lights on the box (model RNG 150N) light up in sequence from: Remote to Data to Record. The box is unresponsive and I have to unplug it. If I power it back up the same cycle continues.

I've spent 8 hours on the phone with tech support...nuff said.

Any insight?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 years ago

The other boxes work on the outlet so I know I have adequate signal. I've also replaced the box in question with a new box and the new box is duplicating the same issue.

What happens when you put the new box in a location that has one already ( opposite of what you tried)

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

It goes through the same sequence regardless of which of the 3 outlets in the house I use. I've confirmed all 3 outlets work with my other 2 boxes.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@spar10s93 wrote:
It goes through the same sequence regardless of which of the 3 outlets in the house I use. I've confirmed all 3 outlets work with my other 2 boxes.

for giggles and grins after you are sure box is 'up' and running hit exit exit exit 480 (on the remote) see if box resolution in 480 works. also if that doesn't work does a coax patch cord from box to tv give you any image/box message ?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

Hmm based off some troubleshooting, I bet its the one ending in 151.  Please confirm.

Brandon

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

MA1433EGD151

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

@spar10s93 wrote:
Has anyone had issues with activating an X1 companion cable box? I have (3) X1 boxes: 1 main DVR and 2 companions. I have 1 companion box that I haven't been able to get working.

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting with the jokers at Comcast tech support (tier 1). All the basics are covered: no coax issues, HDMI issues. The other boxes work on the outlet so I know I have adequate signal. I've also replaced the box in question with a new box and the new box is duplicating the same issue.

When I power on the box I get "XFINITY" in red letters on the TV for about 3 seconds. It goes to either a black or gray screen. The lights on the box (model RNG 150N) light up in sequence from: Remote to Data to Record. The box is unresponsive and I have to unplug it. If I power it back up the same cycle continues.

I've spent 8 hours on the phone with tech support...nuff said.

Any insight?

Hi.  Only two boxes are active on your account.  Please send me the Serial Number of the box thats giving you problems.  It should start with MA

Brandon

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

@spar10s93 wrote:
Please send a new box. They charged me shipping for the 2nd box so I'd appreciate a credit for that as well.

What day did this credit hit your account?  I'd be happy to reverse it.  Also, how much was the charge

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Send the tech Tuesday morning. I will be home.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

@spar10s93 wrote:
MA1433EGD151

Thank you.  It looks like that box did not go through a factory scrub when the last customer returned it.  We'll need to have a tech bring you a new box.

I will make sure you incur no charge on this exchange.  Let me know if you would like me to set this up for you

Brandon

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

@spar10s93 wrote:
Please send a new box. They charged me shipping for the 2nd box so I'd appreciate a credit for that as well.

I can mail you one, or send a tech.

Which would you like?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

@spar10s93 wrote:
Which is faster?

I can process a next-day delivery that should arrive around Tuesday. 

For the tech, first available is Tuesday morning. 

Your call sir.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here