CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

has the DVR been moved to the other outlets to see if it works on those lines?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@cstreit wrote:

Yes.  All status' are at "ok" or "done" except for "Sending Registration"

Is this a satellite box? If so, have a comcast modem/gateway by chance? if so just for 'grins' unplug it and see if the satellite box and x1 dvr when rebooted suddenly work. (don't forget to plug modem back in). Won't hurt anything to try.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@cstreit wrote:

No it's the main DVR box.  The sattelite boxes work fine (albeit not being able to communicate to the main DVR box)

the DVR includes its own Docsis 3.0 modem. Very strange problem. I know that all modern set top boxes have to downlaod a network security fille, I wonder if that is what the msg is talking about. Please let us know here when you find what is wrong and it is fixed.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

No... but a worthy experiment.  It *is* on the cleanest line in the house, but it's worth a shot.

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

has the DVR been moved to the other outlets to see if it works on those lines?

This will not resolve the ABL issue.  ABL mode occurs when the STB partition that was marked as bootable becomes unbootable or a key sequence is pressed on the remote.  Normally, the box will auto-recover and download the most current firmware, but occasionally it does not (as this box has done).  I am working to schedule a time to replace this box and have it shipped to me to have the team look into why it did not recover by itself.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have issues with the X1 box at least once a week.  What is going on!?!?!?!  I am NOT happy about my service and am seriously considering switching, especially since I pay almost $200/month for something that doesn't work half the time!  Always some random error message (today, it's RDK-03032).  I have to un-plug and replug my box in at least three or four times before it finally works, which wastes about an hour of my time to get it to work.  Sick of all these random errors and the X1 box not working and me having to reset it over and over again.  Figure it out, or you will be losing a customer very soon!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Just purchased a 4K (UHD) TV.   I  have the X1 box connected to a AV Receiver.  The TV is also connected to the receiver via HDMI 1.4  with ARC. 

I am having issues with the X1 going out of 1080P resolution and going to 1080i.  When this happens,  Going to settings / device settings/ video display shows the box in 1080i mode.  I can navigate to 1080p but nothing changes.    Only way to resolve seems to be to reset the box. 

Any one have any suggestions.   (I assume its some type of HDMI communications  that can't be corrected on my end, but thought I would ask.  (Does anyone think connecting the  X1box directly to the TV would solve theproblem?  Since I am using ARC I suspect audio would go back to the receiver but I haven't tried it yet.    If it happens again, I guess that's my next step.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@buyerclub2 wrote:

Just purchased a 4K (UHD) TV.   I  have the X1 box connected to a AV Receiver.  The TV is also connected to the receiver via HDMI 1.4  with ARC. 

I am having issues with the X1 going out of 1080P resolution and going to 1080i.  When this happens,  Going to settings / device settings/ video display shows the box in 1080i mode.  I can navigate to 1080p but nothing changes.    Only way to resolve seems to be to reset the box. 

Any one have any suggestions.   (I assume its some type of HDMI communications  that can't be corrected on my end, but thought I would ask.  (Does anyone think connecting the  X1box directly to the TV would solve theproblem?  Since I am using ARC I suspect audio would go back to the receiver but I haven't tried it yet.    If it happens again, I guess that's my next step.

1080p is just a conversion that the cable box 'can do' (stupid pet tricks). Its chips are generic and not designed for and by your TV manufacturer. All HD (modern) TVs only display 'progressive' (one image frame at a time) video using whatever input comes in. The cable box is native i (interlace) the TV has a processor that is specially made to handle the signal processing. There is no difference in the detail for 1080i and p.  

in other words all is ok.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@jwmccnn wrote:

@buyerclub2 wrote:

I also just bought a 4K TV.  At first I tried running the X1 directly to the TV and then having the audio go from TV to my Denon receiver via an optical cable or the HDMI ARC.  Neither produced Dolby Digital audio out of my receiver and I was unhappy with the picture that the 4K TV "upconverted".

I ended up running the HDMI from the X1 into the receiver first and then to the TV via another HDMI.  This, obviously, finally produced good audio out of the receiver.  I am upconverting the video with my receiver to a 3840 x 2160 signal instead of having the TV do the upconversion.. 

Again, only through trial and error, I found that the 1080p/60 signal from the X1 box was causing my receiver to "black out" for a second or two every 20 / 30 minutes.  Meaning, the picture went out for a moment, causing a black TV screen, while the upconversion resetted itself.  This seems to have been solved by setting the X1 output at 720p.  The lower frame rate from the X1 actually seems to help the receiver send a better upconverted signal from the to the TV and I still get the 3840 x 2160 picture ont he TV.

So my suggestion , if your receiver can upconvert, is to send a lower frame rate signal from the X1, and have the receiver send a 4K signal to the TV.

i'm guessing/hoping you just mispoke in what you typed. If you are indeed using 720 to feed your 4k tv you are removing the data it needs to display. do exit exit exit 1080  >> that will put output in 1080i and let your receiver/Tv do the processing the rest of the way. I'm wondering why x1 UI does not just include pass thru (whatever it gets it sends out over the hdmi) option for setting.

Contributor

• 

246 Messages

9 years ago

@buyerclub2 wrote:

I also just bought a 4K TV.  At first I tried running the X1 directly to the TV and then having the audio go from TV to my Denon receiver via an optical cable or the HDMI ARC.  Neither produced Dolby Digital audio out of my receiver and I was unhappy with the picture that the 4K TV "upconverted".

I ended up running the HDMI from the X1 into the receiver first and then to the TV via another HDMI.  This, obviously, finally produced good audio out of the receiver.  I am upconverting the video with my receiver to a 3840 x 2160 signal instead of having the TV do the upconversion.. 

Again, only through trial and error, I found that the 1080p/60 signal from the X1 box was causing my receiver to "black out" for a second or two every 20 / 30 minutes.  Meaning, the picture went out for a moment, causing a black TV screen, while the upconversion resetted itself.  This seems to have been solved by setting the X1 output at 720p.  The lower frame rate from the X1 actually seems to help the receiver send a better upconverted signal from the to the TV and I still get the 3840 x 2160 picture ont he TV.

So my suggestion , if your receiver can upconvert, is to send a lower frame rate signal from the X1, and have the receiver send a 4K signal to the TV.

Contributor

• 

246 Messages

9 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@jwmccnn wrote:

@buyerclub2 wrote:

i'm guessing/hoping you just mispoke in what you typed. If you are indeed using 720 to feed your 4k tv you are removing the data it needs to display. do exit exit exit 1080  >> that will put output in 1080i and let your receiver/Tv do the processing the rest of the way. I'm wondering why x1 UI does not just include pass thru (whatever it gets it sends out over the hdmi) option for setting.

My Denon AVR is upconverting the signal from the X1.  The X1 is the weak link in the whole setup, so luckily the AVR will upconvert a 720p, 1080I or p signal to 4K, and that's what the TV is displaying, 3840 x 2160.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

jwmccnn wrote:

My Denon AVR is upconverting the signal from the X1.  The X1 is the weak link in the whole setup, so luckily the AVR will upconvert a 720p, 1080I or p signal to 4K, and that's what the TV is displaying, 3840 x 2160.

we really are trying to help you. you are feeding a 6 inch sub to your box not the 9 inch sub you pay for.

http://hometheater.about.com/od/hometheatervideobasics/qt/The-Difference-Between-720p-And-1080i.htm

but ok 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

We had X1 installed in July of this year and everything worked fine for months.  Then in November I started having the menu freezes and having to reset the boxes multiple times a day.  It has finally hit the point tonight where i get the RDK-03032 error and cannot even get TV signal anymore.  This equipment is going back next week and I'm going to ask for the old boxes back.  I can't pay $200/mo for not being able to watch TV.  The unfortunate part is my internet has been in the tank, terrible upstream and not great downstream too which may be part of it but this is terrible.

Contributor

• 

246 Messages

9 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

jwmccnn wrote:

we really are trying to help you. you are feeding a 6 inch sub to your box not the 9 inch sub you pay for.

http://hometheater.about.com/od/hometheatervideobasics/qt/The-Difference-Between-720p-And-1080i.htm

but ok 

Interesting article Ben, and I appreciate the help, but I am talking about a Receiver upscaling the signal and sending a "4K" signal to the TV.  I've tried all output from the X1 box, 720p, 1080i and 1080p/60 and the one that works the best is the X1 box sending a 720p signal to the Receiver, the receiver upconverting to 3840 x 2160 anfd that is what is sent to the TV.  The high end $$$  receiver is doing all the work here.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

All X1 TV service is down, same errors all over the country: RDK-03031 and RDK-03032.  Come on Comcast, you're seriously going to push out X2 when you can't even figure out how to make X1 work right?  This is garbage for how much we pay for your "service".

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here