CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@hotcap86 wrote:

We have the main X1 Box in our living room(on and HDTV) and the "slave box" in our bed room on a 4:3 SDTV.

Our service was set up a few months ago, and everything worked fine until 10 days ago when both boxes froze, and we received a "Service is temporarily unavailable" message.  The following morning, the Living Room TV worked perfectly, but the video - and menus - on the 4:3 bedroom TV look "Zoomed In".  The STB in the bedroom is still set to 4:3 with no Zoom.  However, the picture that is displayed on the screen is a zoomed in version of the UPPER LEFT quadrant of any given show, and also the menus.  This is consistent when viewing SD or HD channels, and all menus.  HOWEVER this problem DOES NOT occur when we watch any On Demand content, or things saved on our DVR.  We called comcast technical support, and after they rebooted / resignaled / whatever our box 4 or 5 times, it still doesn't work.  Can someone in the know PLEASE respond to this?

If your res is set to 480 than press exit>exit>exit>720...wait for 30 seconds then press exit>exit>exit>480

If you are on 720 or above than go 480 first then to 720 then back to 480 again.You should keep it at 480.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

sntholiday

I was able to check the MoCA readings ComcastAndrew was referring to.  They need attention.  The readings are way under spec.

Please ensure all of the coaxial connections are secure on the 150 boxes.  If they are secure, you will probably need a tech to find the signal degredation. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have been getting the unable to connect to my "entertainment experience" error. started over a month ago but was only sometimes and power cycle seemed to usually do the trick. more recently i rarely if ever have a connection. I called comcast and went through all the same steps over and over that i had tried on my own. eventually set up an appt for tech to come out. Was supposed to be here between 10 and 12, got a call at around 12 to tell me that he was going to be late around 12;45. Well, he never showed or called again. I understand that stuff happens and every now and then there is going to be an inconvenience, but this is too much. When i go to work i have to be there at a specific time. when i perform my job, im expected to do it right every time.If comcast cant fix this problem asap, the next call i make is for them to come get their boxes out of my house and cancel my account. So far, x1 has been nothing but a disappointment, and an expensive one at that.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've had this code for 2 hours now!! I'm not going to call because I know they are just going to say they are working on the problem like every other one I've had. This is about the 5th major issue I've had with my box; from stuff coming in Spanish, to the audio skipping in and out, recording segmented, etc. Ive even already had a technician come out and they couldn't find anything wrong. this is ridiculous.if these problems continue I'll be forced to switch to direct tv as much as I dislike satellite at least they used to credit me if I had problems with their equipment. I hope this problems is resolved my morning as I have already reset the box twice, I won't hold my breath.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Jwaj84 wrote:
I've had this code for 2 hours now!! I'm not going to call because I know they are just going to say they are working on the problem like every other one I've had. This is about the5th major issue I've had with my box; from stuff coming in Spanish, to the audio skipping in and out, recording segmented, etc. Ive even already had a technician come out and they couldn't find anything wrong. this is ridiculous.if these problems continue I'll be forced to switch to directtv as much as I dislike satellite at least they used to credit me if I had problems with their equipment. I hope this problems is resolved my morning as I have already reset the box twice, I won't hold my breath.

I see that you are posting at 3am . Are you in eastern time? I say that because if it's going out at that time the plant could be doing some upgrades/maintenance

Did you figure out the Spanish issue or do you need to know how to fix that?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

A while back I got streaming to work on my desktop and laptop using http://xtv.comcast.net.  At the time I coud not get streaming to work on my iPhone since it was an old model 4.But now I have an iPhone 6, and the xfinity TV app works fine in my apartment: it starts up quickly and works the way it should (about 15 seconds behind my TV).  

On the Macs, I bookmarked the URL but hadn't much need to use it. When I tried it again yesterday and today, On the iMac and MacBook Pro, I get as far as the three dots and "preparing your channel lineup." The dots keep moving but I don't get any farther. (The machines are fairly current, both running Yosemite, and my bandwith is upwards of 100mbps. The iMac is plugged into the modem, and the MacBook Pro is wifi.)  

The above is the x1 cloud, as I understand it. I found a different interface on the xfinity.comcast.com homepage, offering live streaming of specific programming. I selected one, and http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/cnn?cmpid=FCST_livemod_featured_CNN_bermanmichaela  is giving me the similar experience: three moving dots. It says "Loading Video --  CNN"

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

DC, I would look at a few cloud threads for the answer. If that doest work reach out to Comcast chad>>.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

will do, thanks

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

Russell

I sent a bunch of refresh signals to your DVR box.  When do receive that error, "unable to connect"  Is this with Live TV or On Demand?  Do you notice it at certain times on certain channels?  Also, which box gets that error.

There is no need for ultimatums here as this is a peer-to-peer forum.

I checked the signal levels on your main DVR box.  There is some signal flux on your Upstream Receive. This flux may be causing your issues if they're intermittent.

PM me if you'd like me to set up a tech to adjust that signal flux

Brandon

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, ComcastBrandon

I don't know what you mean about ultimatums.  I made no complaint or threat, just reported trouble.Maybe you're thinking of a different trouble report? I did not get "unable to connect" either, but rather "preparing your channel lineup" that never stops on xtv.comcast.net, or "loading video" that doesn't stop at xfinity.comcast.net for the specific shows offered under "live tv online" on the xfinity.comcast.net homepage.  The last few days I've never been able to watch anything from my iMac or MacBook Pro at any time, when using Chrome. I'm pretty sure it worked with Chrome a while back, but using Firefox is an easy fix.... I hadn't tried in quite some time, so I don't know when it last worked.

I got a PM from ComcastChad last night, and he suggested that I try other browsers. I had tried a couple of browsers before that, but I tried some more, and now I can watch live TV from either my iMac or my MacBook Pro. There was some stoppage, but maybe that was a transient problem.  So i have a way of watching live TV or something I recorded, from my computers.

When you mention "signal flux" it reminds me of a different problem: sometimes I'm watching TV (from my DVR box, I only have one, and only one TV set) and then the screen goes black. The DVR continues to record without trouble, and I can recover what I missed. So I wasn't sure whether the problem was with my TV. Swapping HDMI ports sometimes helps but the problem recurs on both.

Dan

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

No problem Dan

You mentioned in your last post that everything works OK when you use Firefox?  Let me know if I read that right.

If you're having some issues with mobile devices connected to your account, let me know which ones and I can try deprovisioning / provisioning them on my end.

Here at work, certain programs only work on certain browsers, so I can understand the frustration for having to use a specific browser to stream your televions, rather than using one you're familiar with.

Let me know

Brandon

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@d_c wrote:

Thanks, ComcastBrandon

I don't know what you mean about ultimatums.  I made no complaint or threat, just reported trouble.Maybe you're thinking of a different trouble report? I did not get "unable to connect" either, but rather "preparing your channel lineup" that never stops on xtv.comcast.net, or "loading video" that doesn't stop at xfinity.comcast.net for the specific shows offered under "live tv online" on the xfinity.comcast.net homepage.  The last few days I've never been able to watch anything from my iMac or MacBook Pro at any time, when using Chrome. I'm pretty sure it worked with Chrome a while back, but using Firefox is an easy fix.... I hadn't tried in quite some time, so I don't know when it last worked.

I got a PM from ComcastChad last night, and he suggested that I try other browsers. I had tried a couple of browsers before that, but I tried some more, and now I can watch live TV from either my iMac or my MacBook Pro. There was some stoppage, but maybe that was a transient problem.  So i have a way of watching live TV or something I recorded, from my computers.

When you mention "signal flux" it reminds me of a different problem: sometimes I'm watching TV (from my DVR box, I only have one, and only one TV set) and then the screen goes black. The DVR continues to record without trouble, and I can recover what I missed. So I wasn't sure whether the problem was with my TV. Swapping HDMI ports sometimes helps but the problem recurs on both.

Dan

If you look at the post that brandon posted. He is referring to another member on the forum who was being difficult..

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry, my bad. I got an e-mail that made it look like a reply to my post. Thanks for letting me know. I didn't notice the name at the top of his remark; maybe it was off the screen when I looked at it.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

Dan there was A person last week that started a thread. They were having issues with their imac. I would try using the search feature at the top to find that thread. I am unsure if they figured it out or not...

I wish that I could be of more help myself. I have not got the cloud yet, nor do I own a single apple product.

If you get really stumped chad is the goto guy for this stuff,,,

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, GP.

I think I'm OK for now since I can watch live TV from my iMac and MacBookPro using Firefox. I did look for some other related threads, and found one, but it didn't match my case precisely. I found one that works *only* in Chrome, and yet in my case that's the browser that doesn't work. This is a very busy board! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here