JLP57's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Why has the amber LED on my X1 DVR been on recently while watching TV?

During the last few days when watching TV , the amber LED on my DVR comes on and stays on. Any ideas why?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

If your box is my like my box, that light will come back on again at some point.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

How exactly does one get one of these new boxes shipped to them? I want one. I have not heard from Comcast saying they will send one.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

On remote press xfinity button. Then go to the setting wheel. Device settings. Device lights (scroll down). Power light brightness. Move this from 3 back to 3 again. Press exit. Light is now gone.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

@Mook2288 wrote:
On remote press xfinity button. Then go to the setting wheel. Device settings. Device lights (scroll down). Power light brightness. Move this from 3 back to 3 again. Press exit. Light is now gone.

Yes. I do this at least once a day. Because it always comes back.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

ordering a new DVR version 4 is handled on this forum post. go to best answer or last pages to read up on the procedure. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898 

Contributor

• 

134 Messages

5 years ago

@JodieNJ wrote:

@Mook2288 wrote:

Yes. I do this at least once a day. Because it always comes back.

Yep, just came back for me.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The only consistent replication of a feature is if it continues to do the same thing, the same way, every time.

As noted by others, the way to get the data light to turn off is to go to the device lights and vary the brightness.

The way to get the data light back on is to power off the device then power it back on.

The way to turn off the data light is to go to the device lights and vary the brightness.

And so on, and so on, and so on ….

Next step:  Xfinity tells us why the data light being on when power is turned on after power has been turned off has become a feature that we should enjoy.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

That worked! On my Xfinity remote I had to go to Settings-Device Settings-Device Lights. There were two settings that could be changed, Power Light Brightness and Clock Light Brightness. I changed my Power Light Brightness from 3 of 3 to Off and the yellow light went off and stayed off when I changed the setting back to 3 of 3.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

Wait a few hours or a day. The light will come back on.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Nostuff4me wrote:

The only consistent replication of a feature is if it continues to do the same thing, the same way, every time.

As noted by others, the way to get the data light to turn off is to go to the device lights and vary the brightness.

The way to get the data light back on is to power off the device then power it back on.

The way to turn off the data light is to go to the device lights and vary the brightness.

And so on, and so on, and so on ….

Next step:  Xfinity tells us why the data light being on when power is turned on after power has been turned off has become a feature that we should enjoy.

Apologies . There is no cost to replace your box for another at any of our retail locations, or we can ship you a replacement box and waive the shipping charges, just let us know what you would like to do so we can make this right for you. Thanks for your patience.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

@CCElla  rocks!!   Don't deal with anyone else at Comcast about this issue.  You'll get a headache.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@JodieNJ wrote:
How exactly does one get one of these new boxes shipped to them? I want one. I have not heard from Comcast saying they will send one.

Apologies for the delay. I have asked @CCElla to review and make the arrangements. Thanks for your patience.   

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

#winning.  

I now have a 4K cable box and 1 GB modem.  Apparently all my equipment is a generation behind.  No more amber light.  4K signal to match 4K TV.  Faster internet.   Life is good thanks to @CCElla!

Contributor

• 

134 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastTeds  I sent Ella a pm over the weekend with my information.  I'm hoping it didn't get buried in her inbox. I probably should have waited, but I'd really like to get a 4k box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here