Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

New Poster

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

Tags (3)
Admin1

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi Spokane44 -- The information you received from the agent you spoke with was accurate. Our store locations carry 4K boxes. The location you went to was out of inventory at the time you arrived and was awaiting stock replenishment. The link you provided is also an invalid link as it does not lead to an active web page. We do have the ability to get you this box via tech install or UPS delivery if your store location is out of stock. Please let us know if you would like a tech to bring you a box or if you'd like one shipped to you and we'll have that arranged. 

Contributor

Question I have for ComcastZach,

If a tech brings the box out to the residence, is there s $60 installation charge with that or any kind of installation charge?

Admin1

4fclubmf -- Yes. Standard installation charges would apply. 

Silver Problem Solver
Moved:

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same difficulty getting one. Website says they are available.

Comcast person I talked to on website chat says to go to my local store, but doesn't have a phone number so I can make sure they have inventory first.

Take current X1 to the store. Wait a while, then I'm told they don't have them, don't know how to get them. They might be delayed because of connectivity issues.

Call the 800 number, I'm told they are not available yet, a lot of people are asking. Should be available January, if not before the end if the year, and I should get an alert, either on my TV, email, letter, or phone call possibly, once they are available.

I see several people on the forums that have them already.

I know there isn't much content available yet, but I'd like to be ready. It would be nice if everyone was on the same page regarding if/when these are available.
Admin1

Hi KevlarGibs -- I can help you get a 4K box. I am able to ship one to you. Please send me a PM with your account information for verification purposes and I'll have one sent to you. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

Hi, I would also like to get the 4K receiver. Are you able to order one for me as well? Thanks.
Silver Problem Solver

mehul902001 wrote:
Hi, I would also like to get the 4K receiver. Are you able to order one for me as well? Thanks.

I got mine by calling 1800comcast; when I got it I put my old DVR in the box, took it to UPS with the return label and got an email when they received it.

But it depends on whether it is available in your market, which was confirmed when I called them.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Admin1

mehul902001 -- I would be able to order one for you as well. I will need you to send me a PM with your account information for verification purposes please. 

Regular Visitor

I too called and talked to two phone reps who said it was available at local office. Also was told by chat tech it was available. So today I drive 30 min to the local office to be told no I was miss informed and that a tech will have to make a visit and it would cost 60 to have them come out. This is so frustrating and am not happy with the run around I was given. I would like to have one of the new boxes. 

Official Employee

Hi, bje2525 - Please don't private message moderators without a request. It's a violation of our Forums Policy and Guidelines. I received your information and submitted a request to ship you a new 4K DVR cable box. As soon as I get a tracking number, I will let you know. 

New Poster

Took my XFINITY1 box down to the store, switched out to new 4 k UHD box....couldn’t be more pleased! Even when I run across a program not in UHD or 4K, I still see a clearer picture. Plus. With Netflix And YouTube, I catch a lot of movies in 4K 

New Poster

There were no up grading fees...it would have cost me a shipping fee if I ordered from the website..all I did was take my old set box in and exchanged it for the 4K!  3 minutes to set up!

Regular Visitor

So so sorry. Was not aware of the policy on private messages.  Once again sorry. 

Official Employee

@jerrypulliam1 - Thank you for sharing your experience! Unfortunately, the XG1v4 box is not available in all XFINITY stores at this moment.   

@bje2525 - No worries at all. Please let me know if you get any questions. 

New Poster

I have had to place 6 calls to xfinity and have received 2 wrong cable boxes (non XG1V4). How can I get this done as multiple phone representatives have told me they will ensure I get the right box yet I keep getting no box or the wrong box. 

Comcast Admins: Can I PM you my information to rectify this?

Official Employee

@jayrod88 - You can definitely send me a private message with your account information (name, address, phone number) and I will submit an order for you. 

Contributor

Ok, I just want to ask this again. I currently have the X1 MX011ANM. I also have a tv that is 4k and has HDR, with limited things you can watch 4k from comcast of course. Would regular programming, or anyting 1080p look any better on the NEW XG1v4-A? I can get it from my local store, they have them. I just want to know if anything will be better clarity wise? Again, from what I've read there isn't any 4k stuff from the new box yet..... Advice please. My current box works fine, but I watch a lot of cnn, fox, etc, and it would be nice if they were clearer, etc. etc...

Official Employee

@Jason_B - 4K UHD viewing, is currently available to XFINITY X1 customers who subscribe to the Netflix Premium plan and have an XG1v4 TV box, with a compatible 4K TV, or to XFINITY TV customers with the Ultra High Definition (HD) Sampler app. Cable channels or regular programming are not in 4K quality. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Contributor

ComcastElla wrote:

@Jason_B - 4K UHD viewing, is currently available to XFINITY X1 customers who subscribe to the Netflix Premium plan and have an XG1v4 TV box, with a compatible 4K TV, or to XFINITY TV customers with the Ultra High Definition (HD) Sampler app. Cable channels or regular programming are not in 4K quality. 

How do I get the 

"Ultra High Definition (HD) Sampler app"

Official Employee

New Poster

I have the same issue and had the same experience with the chat....they should update the website to inform the customers instead of talking like they are all available. It really is not a good customer experience.
Regular Visitor

Can you ship me out a 4k xfinity box as well? 

New Poster

4K UHD Service and Availability

Just bought a new 4K TV to find my current set top did not support it. Got on chat last night and was told to go to a local store to swap it out. Arrived this afternoon after pulling my equipment to be told that the boxes were not available and that the store had no way of getting me one. Then called support direct and they couldn't give me an estimate on a time frame of anything for availability. How is this the case? I see on here people getting boxes sent to them so what is the ETA on set top box units being available in areas? Is this listed anywhere in the website? I was basically told to check back at the beginning of the year which is unacceptable to me. Customers should get area timeframes/commitments at the very least and some guidance not nothing. I pay over $200 a month and deserve more than a "check back in the beginning of the year"...... Has anyone else in Northern California experienced this?

New Poster

I’ve been trying to get ahold of a 4K box as well. Is one able to be shipped ups to me for self install.

New Poster

Well comcast Zach I just went through hours of frustration and disrespect.i was told while I was on the phone with customer service that my local service center in pa not only had the xg1v4 box in stock but they had checked and verified that the store had them. I hook everything drive to the center wait in line for a long time to only be told by your service center people that and their exact words " the customer service people you spoke to are liars and they lied right to you". He went on to say they in the past 6 months have only gotten one box and they cannot order nor get me the box.so I had to get the same box I had before and drive home. While driving home I called again to customer service who then tell me they have no idea when or if the box will be available and that they can't even ship or install the box for me . So I have wasted an entire evening,  cannot get a straight answer from anyone who works at comcast and treated like a piece of junk . I now am looking into going to Verizon and cancelling comcast.

Regular Visitor

4 k boxes XG1v4 TV Box

Greetings :

Are the 4 K boxes ( XG1v4 TV Box) available?

New Poster

I too was told to go pick one up at local office. They did not have them. BUT, I found an employee there that said one could be ordered for me and picked up at the store at no charge. Most employees in my store knew nothing about this box. Ask for a supervisor. Love the 4K box.
Regular Visitor

I called to receive a new 4k box and was told that they are in stock but not yet available in my market?  

Also in WA state on the wet side near Seattle though.

I was also told that they are not available at the service center locations, only though mail or install.

ComcastZach ?

Expert

schristo43 wrote:

I called to receive a new 4k box and was told that they are in stock but not yet available in my market?  

Also in WA state on the wet side near Seattle though.

I was also told that they are not available at the service center locations, only though mail or install.

ComcastZach ?

do you subscribe to Netflix? if so @ComcastElla may look into getting one sent to you. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Just got off the phone with rep about availability of 4k cable box in Minneapolis area. I would like to save the shipping charge and swap at a local store, but none available.  Any ideas how to save the $15 shipping or even how long to wait until availability in my area?  No one seems to have any idea.   Frustrating to read about this but have no idea when local availability. 

Expert

Giparkjm wrote:

Just got off the phone with rep about availability of 4k cable box in Minneapolis area. I would like to save the shipping charge and swap at a local store, but none available.  Any ideas how to save the $15 shipping or even how long to wait until availability in my area?  No one seems to have any idea.   Frustrating to read about this but have no idea when local availability. 

do you have a 4K tv and subscription to Netflix?

New Poster

Yes! We have both of those.
Expert

Giparkjm wrote:
Yes! We have both of those.

@ComcastElla will probably look into your post but be patient as this is a holiday weekend Smiley Happy (happy new year!)

Regular Visitor

I'm in Minneapolis and will wait to swap my x1 1080p box for an x1 4k box when they're available in a local Comcast store. I have a 2016 Samsung SmartTV as well as the latest gen. AppleTV, both with 4k, so I'm not concerned with watching 4k content per se. The issue I'm having with the x1 box and my Samsung TV is that if I connect the HDMI out from the x1 to my Marantz SR7010 (4k) then out to the TV (all high-capacity HDMI I bought from Magnolia), cable TV will disconnect every 20 minutes or so. There's no problem with anything streamed from the SmartTV or Apple TV, or from my UHD 4k Blu-ray player, all of which connect throuth the Marantz receiver. This behavior is only with cable. My workaround is an HDMI splitter that allows me to bypass the Marantz from the x1 to the TV. My sense is there is an issue with thw handshake between the x1 and the TV if I go through the Marantz, which would get resolved if the x1 were 4k. The goal is to get of the HDMI switch. 

Regular Visitor

I also would like to order a XG1v4 4k box.  I went to my local Comcast store and was told I needed to order one online or over the phone.

Official Employee

Hello all,

My apologies for the delayed response. There is currently a limited availability of 4K cable boxes due to a high demand. I cannot guarantee that we will be able to ship a new box right away but I can definitely put a request. Please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number associated with the account and I will put a request. 

Thank you @Rustyben for mentioning my handle is this thread, greatly appreciate it. 

Frequent Visitor

4K X1 Box?

Hello All -

I currently have a the XG1v1 and wanted to inquire about getting the new 4K box to complement my new TV! I have seen quite a few threads that existing customers have been able to get these swapped out, hoping to do the same.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

@comcastella, 

I also sent you a PM with regards to ordering the XG1v4. 

Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

Is this available in the Boston region? I have xfinity and a 4K Netflix subscription.
Expert

Kitster wrote:
Is this available in the Boston region? I have xfinity and a 4K Netflix subscription.

you might want to follow comcastElla's directions a few posts above your post.

New Poster

Re: 4K UHD Set Top Box

Is their a 4k box available in the atlanta market yet?

Expert

Heather138 wrote:

Is their a 4k box available in the atlanta market yet?

I moved your post to this thread. scroll up to @ComcastElla's post above on 1/2/2018 and follow the directions there.

Official Employee

Hi Heather138, 

I can check to see if we have any 4K boxes available in your area. If so, I'll submit a request to have one shipped. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Regular Visitor

I would like to put an order in for the 4K box as well, but since I'm a new user I can't send private messages. Can I get any help?

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Nevermind, I can send private messages now!

Regular Visitor

I just received my new XG/V$ box from comcast, how do I connect my Yamaha RX-V375 to it so I can get surround sound. I have both remotes ( Vizio 4k tv) programmed. The tv remote works ok, but the Yamaha remote can control the amp features, but not sound? Am I missing a connection somewhere?

Walt

Frequent Visitor

Yes...those boxes will support 4K...What Comcast fails to disclose is that after you receive the box you will be billed an extra $19.95/mo. So before you upgrade your 5 beautiful OLED or QLED or 4K TVs be prepared to pay Comcast an additional $100/mo plus tax just for the privilege of allowing you to view the content. That's $1200/yr. This is because Comcast only makes a DVR box that will support 4K. Most people only need 1 DVR box and you can watch on any TV in the house. But Comcast MAKES you have a DVR for each TV to view 4K. Not only do we pay for content we don't need, we now pay for equipment we shouldn't need. Comcast response is, then don't buy a 4K TV.