jim_r1's profile

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

Sunday, September 8th, 2024 8:26 PM

why are all my recordings going to cloud DVR?

recorded 2 football games, one on fox, the other on CBS. both recordings are "cloud dvr". this is very annoying. why is this happening?

thanks.

jr

Contributor

• 

644 Messages

30 days ago

See my post under channels and programming.  Every NFL game on every different channel goes right to the Cloud.

Playback is difficult.  This does not happen with any college football games or MLB baseball.  This has been happening since the first

game last Thursday. Even the reruns on the NFL network go right to the cloud. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

I just read all your posts. and read all the FAQ and info about cloud DVR on the xfinity site, they talk about it like it's the greatest thing since canned beer. don't they realize, despite the number of times I've complained (and others, like you) about the sluggishness of the thing? perhaps it would perform better if it ran on faster hardware, but as you pointed out, xfinity has not updated their boxes in several years. in any case, it's silly to run stuff to the "cloud" when there is plenty of space left on my hard drive.

another similar issue is that even when stuff is recorded on your hard drive, if the network is down, xfinity software will not allow you to watch it.

just silliness  that this can't be fixed.

jr

Contributor

• 

644 Messages

I don't believe this issue has anything to do with space left on the hard drive. Something else is going on with NFL broadcasts

that weren't ever there before this season. I would expect when I record Monday Night football, the same thing will happen again.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

tbill1 To confirm, when you select recording of the games, do you see the option of putting in on the DVR itself, or in the cloud?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

644 Messages

There has never been an option to put a recording on the Cloud.  I have virtually an empty hard drive.

I can record the same channel five minutes (as a test) before a scheduled game and it records normally to the DVR.

I have recorded 5 NFL games and all 5 have gone to the cloud. Anything else I have recorded (on even the same channels) since last Thursday

has gone to the DVR. Since another person has confirmed the same thing I reported last Thursday, you could save a lot 

of aggravation and trouble by reporting this to your tech department instead of waiting for X amount of complaints.

All recordings are supposed to go to the Hard Drive. If I get a cloud version, that means something has interrupted the recording process

like the box rebooting , etc.   Thank you for any help.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

947 Messages

@tbill1, recordings do primarily go to the cloud. For quite a few years now, since we introduced cloud DVR, that is the primary storage method. There is no option to direct it to the physical hard drive if you still have one. From what you're describing, it is working as intended. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

114 Messages

29 days ago

this is the future of xfinity dvr recording, 

5 Messages

The future of me not watching anything on Xf##ity! I pay for DVR service for a reason. And trying to get a human being to talk to is impossible. What a world being created, devoid of humans.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

29 days ago

I suddenly started experiencing this same out of sync with my DVR recording. It is my belief that the issue lies in the change that xfinity has made in storing all DVR recordings in the xfinity cloud instead of on the harddrive. So, (in my view) it’s a Comcast software issue. I thought (actually hoped) that Comcast had been able to move past their solution to “unplug the power cord, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in” for any thing that went wrong (which happened constantly). I guess it was a misplaced hope. Comcast has become

huge but still appears to be hapless and hopeless. I’m getting close to finally pulling the plug on my $350/month xfinity account (i just switched over to Netflix and now watching a movie (with no audio sync issues - even though its coming from the Netflix cloud). My community in Florida got rid of Comcast - after many frustrating years - and went with a relatively unknown fiber cable company and everyone is extremely happy. But, i’m stuck with Comcast/Xfinity here on Cape Cod

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

29 days ago

I suddenly started experiencing this same out of sync with my DVR recording. It is my belief that the issue lies in the change that xfinity has made in storing all DVR recordings in the xfinity cloud instead of on the harddrive. So, (in my view) it’s a Comcast software issue. I thought (actually hoped) that Comcast had been able to move past their solution to “unplug the power cord, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in” for any thing that went wrong (which happened constantly). I guess it was a misplaced hope. Comcast has become huge but still appears to be hapless and hopeless. I’m getting close to finally pulling the plug on my $350/month xfinity account (i just switched over to Netflix and now watching a movie (with no audio sync issues - even though its coming from the Netflix cloud). My residential community in Florida got rid of Comcast - after many frustrating years - and went with a relatively unknown fiber cable company and everyone is extremely happy. But, i’m stuck with Comcast/Xfinity here on Cape Cod.

2 Messages

29 days ago

Experienced exact same thing with NFL recordings this weekend.  Have plenty of space on my hard drive and it records to the cloud.   Cloud performance is just not good.   Everything else seems to record just fine to my hard drive.  Figure it out Xfinity!

5 Messages

I think they are doing it on purpose! Forcing people to watch the cloud. Horrible service.

Contributor

• 

114 Messages

28 days ago

this is all paret of their master plan to make all recordings cloud only

thats why they never fixed the commercial skip feature for the dvr's -

because it works great on cloud recordings

2 Messages

28 days ago

I have my NFL recordings set to extend 1.5 hours.  After the NFL game is over, my DVR switched from the cloud to the normal DVR setting.  So this recording is on the DVR, but either the NFL or Xfinity is forcing me to watch the actual game on the cloud.  Is anyone else noticing this issue?  Very strange -as I think the games is actually still on my DVR, but playback is forcing me to the could.  I record NCAA football and don't have this issue - I am able to watch from my DVR.

Contributor

• 

644 Messages

I can confirm, as I set the recording a minute early, and it started out as a DVR and quickly switched to the cloud.

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

if you use the "devices" selector, when you select your DVR, or one of them if you have multiples, see if the recording shows up. but if you select "all devices" it comes back. so, this tells me the recording is on neither DVR, only on the cloud.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @jim_r1, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the recordings, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_7b3lbh Recordings are primarily stored in the cloud, it has been this way for quite some time. Having the recordings in the Cloud and not on the physical DVR allows our valued customers to view DVR recordings with our Xfinity Stream app where ever they are. 

5 Messages

@XfinityBillie​ Many of us do not want to use the cloud. It is slow and clunky. and annoying. That is why we pay for the DVR service. Please stop putting stuff on the DVR unless we set it up that way. We do not watch on "devices" we watch on our large TV. We do not need any changes to the way it is. Replying to this since it is so difficult to figure out how to contact anyone there. so annoying.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

15 days ago

I’m having the same issue.  NFL game records to cloud and when I fast forward through a commercial, it starts the recording over.  It never use to do that, I recorded on the device and had no issues.  Looks like a long time customer is going to YTTV.

Contributor

• 

644 Messages

The FCC received my complaint and notified Comcast on 9-11.  Still waiting for Comcast to contact me,  of 

which they have 30 days to do so.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_5b1bf4 Thank you for connecting with us about your recordings. We are happy to assist. Please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@tbill1 Thank you for letting us know that you have not heard from our team regarding the complaint you filed. We're a team of experts dedicated to addressing all your questions and concerns and we'll work alongside you to advocate for the best possible resolution.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

3 Messages

13 days ago

I’m having the same issue and it’s driving me crazy.  NFL games record to cloud and at times when I fast forward through a commercial, it starts the recording back to the beginning of the game - and at times is very clunky trying to fast forward back to where I was. It never use to do that. I pay for expanded DVR coverage and would like my programs on the DVR not cloud. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

12 days ago

I don't know how many times a recording has reverted to the beginning.   I've lost count.  Cloud DVR is awful, and the responses here by Xfinity employees are unhelpful.  For what we pay for Xfinity we should be getting better.  Also, it has become impossible to talk to a support person.   Simply bad service.   Is Tivo an option to record programs to a local hard drive?

3 Messages

I agree. I am looking at cutting the XFINITY cord but looking for a good technical solution for recording programs and watching them on an iPad as well as the TV before I do. By cutting the XFINITY cord you are pretty much left with streaming services and I am not sure if you can record off those steaming apps and play them back on mobile devices. Still in research mode on the best solution that can get me away from XFINITY.  If anyone has a solution please share. Thanks 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

user_w4f1ox Thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your DVR. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your DVR services. Are you only having issues with the NFL games?

3 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ not just NFL games but that is where I notice the most and also notice all the games this year are now stored in the cloud which they never have in the past. Baseball games, college football, nhl games all store directly to my DVR as they shoul and not to the cloud.  The NFL games across all channels always record to the cloud now for some reason and it is terrible.  Sometimes when fast forwarding through commercials the playback reverts all the way back to the beginning as others have mentioned.  Fast forwarding can be very terrible from the cloud, sometimes freezing, delaying or sending your playback all the way back to the beginning on your recording.  I pay for expanded DVR storage so I expect and want my recording to be placed there, not to the cloud.  

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 day ago

I’m having the same problem and it’s not just with NFL games.  Despite having plenty of room on my DVR, the recordings are going to the cloud.  Playback from the cloud is terrible - sluggish and often skips back to the beginning when I fast forward. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here