U

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Sunday, November 19th, 2023 6:17 PM

Closed

“this feature requires xfinity internet”

Beginning 4 days ago anytime I try to open Netflix or any other third party streaming app on my cable box I get this message “this feature requires xfinity internet.” Well, I have xfinity internet. I’ve tried just about everything including upgrading my internet modem to no avail. And of course, Comcast’s customer service is useless. What is the deal with this? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

Having same problem!

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

I guess I’m glad to know I’m not the only one! 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Good evening, @user_156b3f and thread. I apologize this issue has been popping up and understand it is frustrating to have happened. Our Engineering team is aware of the problem and continues to work on a fix for this. They are getting reports that sometimes a system refresh will allow it to work temporarily, but that has not been the case for everyone. You can say "System Refresh" to the voice remote, access it using the A button on the remote and then go to the right, or use the Xfinity Assistant in the Xfinity app to send the signal by typing in System Refresh and following the prompts. We appreciate you hanging in there while the work continues. We will be updating the thread when this has been resolved. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

Hi there @user_4e66a5 our great engineers are still working on a permanent fix for this issue, thanks for bearing with us! As mentioned in other responses, we have had some success with system refreshes. To do this you can say "System Refresh" in to the voice remote, access it using the A button on the remote and then go to the right, or use the Xfinity Assistant in the Xfinity app to send the signal by typing in System Refresh and following the prompts. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

System refresh didn't fix for me!

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

@user_4e66a5 Thanks for giving it a try. As mentioned by @XfinityRay earlier in this thread, we will be updating the thread when this has been resolved. We appreciate your patience! 

10 months ago

Same issue! This is very frustrating paying $225 a month for service, plus app services. 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

It really is absurd to pay so much and never get acceptable customer service. This should be a simple fix on their end and instead it’s an endless runaround. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @PaleHorseDeath! Thanks for spending your time to reach out about error message when trying to watch Netflix on the set top box and for your patience through this. Have you tried doing a system refresh as a temporary workaround?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Had any one gotten it back yet?  Almost a week for me - this is ridiculous that they can't fix it

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I see that we are still aware of this and working on it, thanks for your patience! We will continue to keep a close eye on this for you @user_4e66a5

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

I called again and they said they are still working on it!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_4e66a5 thank you so much for your extreme patience. We are still working on a resolution. We appreciate your understanding. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Finally fixed!! Was promised compensation???

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_4e66a5 I'm thrilled to hear that the concern has been resolved and would be happy to review the account to see if this is eligible for a credit. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_4e66a5 I appreciate you taking the time to reach out via DM so we could review and determine the appropriate adjustment. Have a fantastic day.

3 Messages

@user_4e66a5​ what was the fix?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

yeah, i've got a technician coming out today after two hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue. i told them about this thread and they ignored that.... kept trying to refresh the system... unplugging, plugging back in, refresh.... NOTHING... Something tells me the technician is going to try the same things and/or tell me it's my modem...time will tell

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

This is not the feeling we want you to have, @Bo1961! Thank you for trying the system refresh. Are you launching Netflix using your voice remote or are you manually opening the app? Was your device set to remember your network name so that it connects to your home network automatically, and, have you tried forgetting your network name so that you're prompted to enter your home network info once more? 

2 Messages

8 months ago

What this person is saying when you type a Question in and the answer comes back is not correct. I have Xfinity through Comcast and I also had Netflix and prime apps on my television. I had a TV person come out he took the apps off the TV when I tried to put the apps back on my TV would say you need Xfinity Internet. I called the service guy back to my home and what he told me after looking at my TV was. You can’t put next flex or Disney or prime on your TV unless you get Xfinity Internet. So somebody doesn’t know what they’re speaking of.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_ficllt! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with these apps, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

1 Message

Just spent hours dealing with this

clearly a known issue

Service tech either pretend they don’t know about this or they don’t know about this and you spent hours going to circles and circles

Proving your Internet works proving the work on everything else then they tell you you can use your apps on your TV like I didn’t know that

The whole point is to have worked through Xfinity

Or not

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_q3fov5 We appreciate you contacting us through our Xfinity Community Forum. Do you happen to know which cable box model you're using? Is it an X1 Legacy? Additionally, when you updated your gateway, did you also update your cable box?

It's worth noting that if you're using an older cable box, you may be required to update your equipment for certain features to function properly.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here