U

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 3:34 AM

Closed

Smart resume problems

My smart resume hasn’t been working lately. The yellow/commercials aren’t correct. When I fast forward, there are still several commercials. Half of the show doesn’t have the yellow. 

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

1 year ago

@user_543aa9 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. There is a known issue with the smart resume. This is currently being working on. A temporary solution is what you have recently tried by turning it off and then back on again. We are happy to hear you have seen some improvement. Thank you for your patience as we work towards a complete resolution. 

This comment was created from this reply

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ I turned smart resume off and back on but nothing changed. There is definitely a time syncing problem and this has happened in past years and it makes no sense that it is still not fixed this time. The entire country of users is being affected.  This also affects DVR recordings ending before the end of the program which just NOT acceptable. You have no idea how frustrating all this is for your customers.

Is there an update on a fix?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same problem. Most of the time the show is in the yellow. It is definitely out of sync. 

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@Angela32073​ me too. It's so irritating!

Frequent Visitor

• 

21 Messages

Me too same [Edited: "Language"] issue 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

131 Messages

1 year ago

we ae having the same isuue. on FOX, ABC, and CBS.  we are in the Vancouver Washington  area.

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

1 year ago

Same in the Detroit, MI area.  Started with programs recorded on Sunday March 26.  Monday programs also wonky including on CW

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@char2014​ Does Xfinity look at these forums and respond?

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

@user_543aa9​  Most of the time the Xfinity replies are 'canned' answers that rarely solve the issue.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Does Xfinity look at these forums and respond?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Having the same issue in the Pittsburgh area as well...very annoying.

Not applicable

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Having same issue in the Canton michigan area.  I have done a system refresh, rebooted, and turned off and on the smart resume.  Nothing seems to resolve. 

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know here that you are also experience some trouble with the smart resume feature. While we can certainly understand the frustration of it not working properly, there is some good news! This is something that our teams have been made aware of, and have gathered information on, so that we can get to working on a solution! All our necessary teams are involved and actively working towards getting this fixed! We thank you for your time, patience and understanding! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@XfinityChelseaA​ 

Mine is not fixed. Do you have any idea if this is still being worked on?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there @user_543aa9, we are still working on this issue. We do have a temporary fix as we work to have a permanent fix. You can turn the smart resume off and then on again. It is under the settings section then preferences, then general and then smart resume section. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

Hi there! Happy Friday! I hope this message finds you well! I wanted to check back in with you regarding the smart resume feature issue. Are you still experiencing this after commercials? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ that doesn't work!

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

1 year ago

Seems as though this is a system wide issue.  Not all recordings are affected.

Contributor

• 

131 Messages

1 year ago

having the same issue Vancouver Washington area. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @Shapoonie! Thanks for commenting on our community forums. This is a known issue, and it's being worked on. Some customers have noticed improvement when they switch the smart resume off and on. Have you tried that already? 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

Turning it off and back on does NOTHING

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issue in Northern California. And not just me.

It's obviously an xfinity problem. Xfinity needs to fix it.

I really don't understand how xfinity thinks this is an improvement. They change their code to make an "improvement" and in doing so, break something that was working perfectly fine! In my day, we always tested changes to make sure everything worked fine before we put changes into production. But I've never worked for xfinity. I'm sure they don't even know the meaning of regression testing. (Sorry, I'm just mad.)

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

Thank you for reaching out on the forums, @shanayres! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with Smart Resume, but we can definitely look into it. Your post is from a couple of days ago, so just to be sure, are you still having the same problems?

Contributor

• 

219 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here in south Florida

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here in Wilmington, DE. It’s super annoying! 

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Hello @User_1612 Thanks for reaching out through our forum. This is a known issue, and we are working to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. Some customers have noticed improvement when they switch the smart resume off and on. Have you been able to try this temporary fix?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Come on Xfinity care about your customers and fix the code you broke with an update!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Having the same issues in Indiana.

DVR shows cuts off before end of show that are DVR plus commercials are off when have yellow fast forward though them.  Smart Resume backs up over 30 seconds of the last commercial or two.  We have NOT made any settings changes.  This is a system issue with Xfinitiy but appears to have been ignored for over one year now.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Having the same issue in New Jersey! 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! There is a known issue with Smart Resume. Have you tried turning off Smart Resume and then turning it back on to see if that helps?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Stop asking if this works, it doesn't. This will remain "broken" until Xfinity decides that its customers don't have to watch 2 commercials during fast forwarding 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_543aa9. 

I wanted to make sure to touch base on this. We are currently in motion for a fix on the Smart Resume issue. There is an existing thread on the forums you can follow. Our team traditionally will post the resolution so everyone is aware. Thank you for all of your time and patience! Thank you for being a valued part of our Xfinity family. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/smart-resume-problems/6423b1e0219b7455ac30fe6d?page=1

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I went into my settings- preferences, general and turned smart resume off and back on. Fixed it for the present time but will see what happens when system reset tonight. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here