U

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 3:34 AM

Closed

Smart resume problems

My smart resume hasn’t been working lately. The yellow/commercials aren’t correct. When I fast forward, there are still several commercials. Half of the show doesn’t have the yellow. 

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

I was online chatting with Comcast for an hour last night. They told me to make sure that my smart resume was “on’. I said of course I had done that, but while I was in there I did the turn off/turn on anyway. Now the smart resume works pretty much. It still starts back a little bit early, but it’s definitely better. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Has anyone else noticed that not only is the smart resume out of sync, but that their recordings are out of sync? All of my recordings are starting 30+ seconds early and ending the same amount of time also.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@user_oauy6e 

​ That actually happened to me watching a recording last night. So annoying. I’ll pay more attention to the next one to see if it happens with more. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello there. I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with our smart resume feature and your recordings. You are in the right place, and I am happy to assist you today.  Now we are aware of the issue with Smart Resume not lining up properly after fast forwarding. Our Team is working to get this resolved as we speak. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_oauy6e ​ We've been losing the ending of most shows we record.  We've extended recording time by 3 minutes (wish we could just do for 60-90 seconds) and it's helped but also caused recording conflicts if we have a lot recording.  It's getting aggravating!

(edited)

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

@user_oauy6e​ They keeping telling us to 'fix' it ourselves by a  hard reset, get a new box........blah blah blah. Its obviously a clock syncing issues within the system but they won't admit it. Its NOT the box and hard reset does nothing so Comcast reps....... please stop telling us its NOT the system. I even saw posts that it was a local problem in a location and would be fixed soon. No No and No. Its a real issue and also causes recordings to end early which is more than irritating.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

@user_oauy6e​ Yep....recordings are ending before the end of the program. HORRIBLE!

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

I was on the phone with Comcast today. He ran some tests and refreshed my tv, but I’m still having the smart resume problems. He said they’re working on the problem….

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

We have same problem. It’s awful 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issues in Indiana.  DVR recordings cut off before the scheduled end.  Also, Smart Resume backs up over 30 seconds of the last commercial or two.  We have NOT made any settings changes.  This is a system issue with Xfinitiy but appears to have been ignored for over one year now.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

This link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-modify-the-recording-time-of-a-program has great information on how to extend your recordings as some programs can start or extend past or before the scheduled time. For the smart resume https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/dvr-smart-resume we are aware of the issues & are working to revile them, I would also recommend that you do  hard rest on you cable box by unplugging the power cable from the back of the box for 30 seconds then plug it back in

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

Hard reset does nothing. Getting a new box does nothing. These are what Comcast reps keeping telling us to do. Since the Smart Resume  is delayed by 30-40 sec AND recordings are ending before programs are over....its a clock timing sync issue within the system and nothing a customer can do  is going to fix it. Please stop giving incorrect advice and give us real time update as to what is being done to fix this.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

That surely would help. It's only a. Comcast thing.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @shoggins. We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with Smart Resume. Since this is a 4-month-old thread, we ask for you to create a new post, so we may assist there. 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Any word from XFINITY on resolving this year long SMART(?) RESUME  issue??  So frustrating!!!

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@Daboyzpop​ Not since what is probably an automated reply yesterday. They said “Our Team is working to get this resolved as we speak”. 🙄

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

@user_543aa9 We are going to monitor everything and keep you in the loop and touch base on the status. You are an extremely valued member of the Xfinity family! Your ability to have the highest confidence in the services and support we provide means the world to us.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@XfinityErika​ Any update about whether this will be fixed?

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_543aa9 Thank you for your patience during this process. We are still working on this issue, and hope to have it resolved soon. Have a wonderful day! 

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

@user_543aa9

I hope your day is off to a great start. Just reaching out here to advise we are still actively working on the issue. We have seen that a temporary solution and possible fix is to turn the smart resume feature off and then back on.

Path - settings- preferences, general and turned smart resume off and back on.

Could you give this a try and let us know what happens? 

Thank you for your time and patience! 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Hi All. Having both problems in Harrisonburg, VA.  Have hard rebooted with negative results.  Thanks for the Smart Resume off/on idea.  I'll try it. Any more info on the recording start/end issue? Thanks

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@albertso166​ Still nothing other than they’re “working on it” 🙄

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Still a very annoying problem. Also, the remote isn’t as fast as it was before all this started, on all TVs (tried new batteries and new remotes). Is Xfinity still working on this do you think?? 

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

@user_543aa9 That is a great question! Our teams are still actively working to get to the root cause of the issue and getting it resolved! We truly appreciate your time and patience! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same issues just started recently here in Minnesota...

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@user_9489c2omf​ Ugh. Let us know if you have any luck with Xfinity helping. Nothing getting much better here in Delaware. I had a long call with them again yesterday. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_9489c2omf, this is something that we are aware of and our team is working to get this fixed ASAP. Thank you for your patience. 

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Has anyone’s smart resume problems been fixed? Mine has not. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I think I have read every post on this thread going back almost 2 years!!  I am in Fresno, Ca and am having the same Smart Resume & DVR recording problems!!  I was hoping to get to the end and find a solution!!  WTH Xfinity, I don’t understand why this problem hasn’t been fixed?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Got to be intentional so they can charge advertisers more to place them into the forced viewing at the end of a commercial break. SO dishonest to pretend they're "working on it." I don't believe it for a split second. (Let alone the last 30 seconds!)

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Still having the same issues. I guess either they’re “still working on the problem” or they hope we’ll stop asking for help. 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

@user_543aa9​ Yep nothing has improved and they refuse to tell us anything. This is NOT the way to treat customers.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_543aa9 Thank you for reaching out. I know how frustrating this is as I do enjoy the Smart Resume as well. There is a known issue that we have been working to get resolved and at this time we do not have an estimated time for a resolution. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

The temporary fix didn’t work for me (Denver area). Quite honestly, this feature is one of the few reasons I still subscribe to Comcast video...  I used to work in the cable industry and know firsthand that Comcast has a skilled engineering department.  It’s really hard to believe they haven’t been able to fix this issue. 

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

I agree. It seems to me (NOT a tech-y person) that they could easily change the number of seconds that it resumes from fast forwarding to a bit less than what it is now for some of us. At least it seems like a pretty easy fix to me lol

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

Thank you for letting us know. We are still working on a fix for the issue.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I also have the same problem with Smart Resume stated by others in this thread.  The suggested solution of a "temporary fix as we work to have a permanent fix. You can turn the smart resume off and then on again. It is under the settings section then preferences, then general and then smart resume section" has not worked for me.  I contacted Xfinity about this at least 2 years ago  - to no avail.  Xfinity has been well aware of the problem since at least 2021 https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/smart-resume-not-working-correctly/6159f35adc872674e0fb05c4?page=2.  It is extremely frustrating that Xfinity cannot devote the needed resources to fix this ongoing problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same problems.  When will they fix this?

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@user_ba3484​ Good question. They’ve been “working on this” for three months. 

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

@user_ba3484    This is still an issue that is being worked on. We thank you for your patience. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here