bdpiper's profile

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

RDK-03033 Errors

About a week ago, we started getting three or four cable box crashes a day. The video just locks up and the cable box needs to be restarted. The "My Account" app still thinks everything is fine and there are no outages. I've checked the connections and they are all tight. At this point not sure what to do next. To recap, we did the following:

1. Check connections
  2. Restarted cable box
  3. Uplugged cable box for 30 seconds and repowered

Although each time the box restarts, it is still crashing 3 to 4 times a day. Any ideas would be appreciated

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I'm told it was an issue with a security update

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Well, it's June 20 and I get this error and have non-functional service at least 4 times a day, EVERY day. This has gone on for months. New box? Yup. Tech at the house? Yup. Resolution? Nope. Any update?!?!?!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Lindertorte wrote:
Well, it's June 20 and I get this error and have non-functional service at least 4 times a day, EVERY day. This has gone on for months. New box? Yup. Tech at the house? Yup. Resolution? Nope. Any update?!?!?!

code means the server can't be found by the set top box. Does this happen at the same time on all your x1 set top boxes? does your internet drop out at the same time? describe your in-home wiring (cabling/splitters/amps). 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We too have been experiencing issues with "intermittent" RDK-03033 Connection Issues.

This has been ongoing since the release of X1.  The first few months were really bad. 

Suggestion to the Support Team.

Create a performance analysis report using the following criteria to determine root cause of RDK-03033 Connection Issues 

• Unique Serial Numbers 
  • Box's Associated Geo-Loc
  • Source Connection (Overhang Cable, underground cable, etc...)
  • NOAA Weather Data (precipitation by Geo-Loc)
  • System Up Rate
  • # of RDK-03033 errors

If I can escalate this issue, I would.  It becomes questionable to pay the monthly fees for a luxury.  I don't spend that much watching and when I do, I'd like to enjoy the experience. 

Spoiler
RDK-03033
Connection Errors

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

We just started seeing this on our x1 box earlier in the week.  System refreshes, box refreshes, today - replacing all cables, and the x1 box itself did NOT fix it.  Whatever firmware fix was referenced under 'best answer' needs to happen again - location south florida.

And it's happening so frequently including picture freeze;  for all purposes I have no service on that tv.  Please give an official reply

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@scheibl wrote:

We just started seeing this on our x1 box earlier in the week.  System refreshes, box refreshes, today - replacing all cables, and the x1 box itself did NOT fix it.  Whatever firmware fix was referenced under 'best answer' needs to happen again - location south florida.

And it's happening so frequently including picture freeze;  for all purposes I have no service on that tv.  Please give an official reply

Official Xfinity Link 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

When? When is the update 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

The link that was posted goes to some "500 Internal Server Error". so that isn't the answer. Maybe Comcast is doesn't want us to find the error or the support staff is smart enough to find the answer. They just give you the standard answer for any problem, get you off the phone & on to the next call.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

This has not been resolved as of today. I would like to suggest that Comcast look into their network on their boxes (internet). I have been these errors & have noticed that the port that my Comcast box is connecting to is not lit so there isn't a network connection to Comcast. Accrding to what is happening there needs to e a network connection to access the Guide, update software, & access Netflix ,Hulu, etc.

I checked my Comcast connections. I did the following:

Checked my network cable & it is functioning fine.

I plugged in another good network cable...no joy.

Plugged in the the cable directly from my Comcast riouter...still no joy...yes the cable is good.

All this with no help. My internet connection is great...working fine. So that couldn't be the problem. It's the connection between the box & Comcast servers.

I was thinking that the update isn't taken because the network isn't working between Comcast & the TV boxes. So software does get updated in the boxes.

I know you guys are "experts" but you need to check out any suggestion from anyone!

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

@Rustyben  - if you read my post - I have done more than the thing listed in your referenced link.  NO - the issue has NOT been resolved.  Reviewing my notes - the problem started earlier in the week after there was a neighborhood outage of about an hour due to some kind of system maintenance.  That's when I started seeing issues with the tv box (not DVR in another room) - and with my new tv box installed yesterday, cannot watch more than 2-4 minutes with out freeze, rdk error and other errors depending on which buttons I hit on the remote to try and unfreeze.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@scheibl wrote:

@Rustyben  - if you read my post - I have done more than the thing listed in your referenced link.  NO - the issue has NOT been resolved.  Reviewing my notes - the problem started earlier in the week after there was a neighborhood outage of about an hour due to some kind of system maintenance.  That's when I started seeing issues with the tv box (not DVR in another room) - and with my new tv box installed yesterday, cannot watch more than 2-4 minutes with out freeze, rdk error and other errors depending on which buttons I hit on the remote to try and unfreeze.

I gave that link since it was requested only official comcast information was wanted.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I don't understand what your saying. What link are you talking about??

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@blinkr wrote:

I don't understand what your saying. What link are you talking about??

my post above on 6/26 has a link for a user that wanted info on the error number but only wanted official Comcast assistance.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

My problems began on 6/19.  Finally on Tuesday, I chatted with a competent tech on xfinity chat who determined that on 6/18 there was a patch that forced 'use highest resolution' on preferences to be yes.  That was causing varous issues with tv boxes.  A fix will be rolled out over this weekend.

Meanwhile, he had me go into settings, preferences, general, prefer best available resolution - and turn it to 'off' on the affected tv box (I only have one).  The setting remains 'on' on my dvr.

Since then - we had one lockup, which I was able to recover from since the box allowed me to say 'help restart tv box'.   

We've been able to use the box for two days now with no lockups or rdk-03033 errors.  He also told me to expect a followup call from level 2 - local team.  Have not had it yet.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Very interesting! Off to check the settings, thanks for the info
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here