user_7a753a's profile

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 1:39 AM

Non-existent DVR recordings

My DVR has four real recordings on it, but claims to have 99 total recordings, and to be 70% full.

I have tried all of the options I can find, including resetting the TV box, with no effect on these non-existent recordings.

Obviously I cannot select any of them in order to delete them.

Xfiniity chat does not recognize this issue.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 months ago

Aha! They were in the cloud. When I finally found out that I had to go to

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/recordings

there they were. I got rid of a lot of them, and now my DVR says 8% full, 10 recordings.

Problem solved. But why doesn't anyone here know this?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_7a753a

Awesome I'm glad you were able to figure out how to usually on your TV you can see those under saved or upcoming recordings but if they don't show up there the Xfinity stream link for recordings is a great tool to view all those I hope we've answered all your questions and concerns

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

5 months ago

Hey @user_7a753a,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. Thanks for sharing your experience regarding our X1 DVR. Have you attempted to use the Xfinity Stream app to see if you can view all your DVR recordings and options such as deletion? Could you also provide additional details such as the age of the recordings, if you recently swapped equipment and more? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I have just now downloaded the Xfnity Stream app. I am unable to log in to it, even though I am logged into Xfinity on this computer.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

> Could you also provide additional details such as the age of the recordings,

No, of course not. They are invisible.

> if you recently swapped equipment and more? 

No, we have not changed our cable box. Should we?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I just now got into the Xfinity stream app on my phone. I see my recent recordings, but not the 100 or so that have been and remain invisible on the TV box.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_7a753a Thank you @XfinityKatie for this answer "The recordings available via the Stream app are only the ones that are stored in the cloud. If your cloud storage is already full, then any new recordings would only be stored on your DVR box itself via the hard drive and not the cloud. Additionally, there is not a way to transfer recordings from the X1 DVR to the X1 Cloud DVR (or from the X1 Cloud DVR to their X1 DVR). So, the only way to ensure that the recordings are showing on both the box and your app is to ensure you have enough storage space within the cloud for the recording to show via the Xfinity Stream app.

Have you checked to see if your storage is showing as full? To see your current storage %, press the xfinity button on your remote, then click Saved > Recordings. From here, you will see the storage meter to show how much space you have left for your Cloud DVR storage."

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saved > Recordings

on the TV says

89% full | 120 Recordings

It says nothing about cloud storage.

Xfinity Stream shows 20 shows recorded, almost the same as my TV, which shows links for 19.

You are not answering the question I asked. What are these supposed 100 invisible recordings? How do I find them, view their listings, and delete them?

Do I need a new TV box, to start over with an empty DVR?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here