U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 10th, 2022 10:18 AM

Closed

No Sound on Fox News

Fox News has no sound, very suspicious. All other channels have sound on multiple TVs and boxes throughout home. Have reset router and TV boxes multiple times still no sound it’s Very suspicious.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear the channel you are watching does not have any sound. Are you still having the same issue? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our MyAccount app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/my-account-app-mobile-troubleshooting. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityDena​  Yes...no sound on fox news

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I, too, have no audio on Fox News using the Xfinity website.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

me too

don't get sound after 3 seconds  fox only

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have with your services and trying to watch your favorite stations @user_17b719. Are you still having this issue with no sound on Fox or has it cleared up? If so, did you attempt any troubleshooting steps, either general or through your MyAccount access? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

No sound still, troubleshooting doesn't work.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

i too have this problem with no sound only for fox news for the last month!!!  i have tried everything even contacting the help chat with no success??  this is unacceptable and very suspicious. 

if comcast doesn't want our business maybe Verizon does!!!!!  

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

@user_35db72​ No conspiricy

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Sound for fox news stops after a few seconds on xfinity app computer, all other channels function fine.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_0b5e74​ me too

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

Are you talking about the streaming service or using the traditional cable service?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@MNtundraRET​ Mine is on the streaming service. Is there a fix for this?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@MNtundraRET​ 

It's on the streaming on the website on my PC.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@user_d7f95b Can you tell me if you are having the same issue watching on your phone or a tablet, iPad? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Is there a resolution for this issue anywhere? My streaming Xfinity does this as well. Only Fox News, I get sound for 3 seconds and then it goes off. The commercials work though...

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

I can't use the steaming service except on my computer. Linear cable works fine. I just checked the streaming service on my computer. Video and audio both worked fine.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@MNtundraRET​ I am streaming on my computer as well. I'm not the only one having this issue, I've seen others with the exact same problem. Every other channel and all the commercials on Fox News have sound. No one has come up with a solution?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@MNtundraRET​ I changed from Chrome to Microsoft Edge and it works fine.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

I'm thrilled to hear that changing web browsers was able to resolve the issue for you. We appreciate your time in reaching out here on our Xfinity Forums and for sharing how you resolved the issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

On the Google web browser, I cannot stream the audio for the FNC for more than 1 or 2 seconds.  All other channels work just fine.  If I change browsers to Microsoft Edge, it works just fine (with audio).  Also, it works on the Xfinity streaming app on iPhone just fine.  So basically, I can safely conclude that this is a "problem" with the Google web browser and Xfinity stream website service compatibility.  However, it just doesn't make any sense that it would be specific to one channel.  It's a little bit confusing and could be misconstrued as purposeful by Google for the average prescriber since it's a single channel issue (with just the audio feed).  Initially, I just changed the news service, but didn't like the lousy coverage, so I dug into the other options.  Mysterious. Makes you wonder.  Anyone else have a reasonable explanation for such a weird problem?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same problem here. Clearly being censored by Comcast and / or Google.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Xfinity customers who are having the same issue, we should let Fox News know what this is happening.  I am sure they will find this very interesting.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

If you are using Chrome, like I am, you need to delete all cookies for site "xfinity.com". You will have to log back in, but sound will be restored.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_e7eaca​ Thank you.  I had the exact same problem as everyone has stated.  I didn't know how to delete cookies from just Xfinity so I just cleared everything.  It worked and now I am watching The Five on Fox at work.  Thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having this issue now...it's quite amazing that it only affects FOX NEWS.........

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hi there @user_b9becc Are you having this issues on all of your Tv sets?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Only Fox News doesn’t work commercials have sound & every other channel work fine. Delete cookies? For one Chanel? [Edited: "Inflammatory/Political"]. I even hear a “touchpad” before the the newscast starts and then silence. Tried on 5 computers. When I use the same browser & login direct to fox news.com it works. Why would deleting cookies resolve anything when the commercials have sound on the same stream? Really? 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

Why does everyone instantly think everything is a conspiracy? It's a weird technical issue, and as noted, clearing cookies fixes it. It's possible some audio format was changed a bit and a cookie setting was pointing it at something else. It may be similar to the way secondary audio may be active, but may not always duplicate the original audio if no secondary language is available, resulting in no audio.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Only Fox News doesn’t work commercials have sound & every other channel work fine

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

1 year ago

Did anyone find a solution for this? How long did this issue last?
I have a "no sound" issue, but with a different channel.
I tried the suggestions I found on the forum below, but they didn't help. 
Any other ideas? Thanks.

(1) If you have an X1 box, hit the down-arrow to show the time bar and options, then make certain that none of the icons on the lower left have a checkmark. If any do, you can scroll over and toggle it off.

(2) reset/restart your primary TV Box--pull the power cable out of your box for 3 minutes. Plug back in and check audio after the boot cycle.

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

1 year ago

Right after posting above, I tried something that I had already tried, and this time it worked:
"while watching a silent channel press the down button on the remote (not page down). then press the left button and go to SAP and press OK to turn that choice off. " -Rustyben 

Yesterday I tried changing the "audio program channel" on the smart tv that the cable box (adapter) was connected to, but today I switched the box to an old-fashioned TV and after figuring out how to change the SAP setting, I got the sound back on that one channel. Good luck all.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here