Shapoonie's profile

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

Monday, February 5th, 2024 11:47 AM

Closed

heart radio app shuts off after 15 minutes

I like to listen to iHeart radio and it shuts off after 15 minutes when the screen saver comes on.  It did not do that before. Is there a way to stop this?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 months ago

@Shapoonie Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I tend to have music playing in the background most stays, so I get your concern about the screensaver popping up right away. To review your settings and update the time frame before the screensaver starts please check out this link to our Xfinity website. If you have any questions about the process please let us know. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

My concern is not the screen saver popping up right away.  My concern is that iHeart radio stops playing as soon as their screen saver comes on.  Never had this issue before.  Iheart would continue to play when the screen saver came on before why is stoping now?  The screen saver is set for 5 minutes and that is the way I like it to prevent burn in.  When iHeart plays it goes into a static screen that will burn in. I have not change the settings so why is not working now.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Let's see if I can find out why it started doing this all of the sudden when it was working fine before. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

I am not posting that information here

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

7 months ago

tech came and checked my settings and all was fine.  He called his boss who tried iHeart radio in the office. It did the same thing.  

Thanks Reggie and your boss. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good to hear we were able to find out what is going on. I understand this isn't a function you like, and we always appreciate all feedback you wish to provide. Please go here if you like, and send us feedback on the new settings concern my.xfinity.com Study (iperceptions.com).

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

@Shapoonie​ my iHeart radio app is also stopping on its own. Did they find a solution? Or still looking?

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

Hi zkmh24, no I haven't heard anything yet.

2 Messages

7 months ago

Having same problem.  I have to restart the app after 15 minutes.  

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

still haven't heard anything.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_xxn8fl Hey. We would be happy to see if we can help in any way with some troubleshooting to help with the iheart app turning off with the screensaver. Let us know if you would like to try some troubleshooting with us. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

7 months ago

got a message from the peer to peer folk that if anyone else is having the same iHeart issues to contact Xfinity.  

"Thank you for getting back to us and sharing of the others you know also having the same issue. I would recommend having them reach out to us directly as once multiple customers have reported the same issues to us, then we'd be able to identify that as a wider issue for further investigation."

I guess it's not important enough that I am having the issue there has to be more people with the issue. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

7 months ago

I was asked to accept one of the responses as an accepted solution.  Sorry but none of the responses are an acceptable solution.  Still having the issue.   So far the only response from Xfinity is to do more troubleshooting.  I don't see why more trouble shooting his going to help.  It happens on both boxes that I have and it happened for the field techs boss back at the office.  It's obvious that the problem is in the software that is updated daily as I didn't have this issue before and that isn the only thing that has changed.  

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

7 months ago

I have been checking this issue after the "Daily Update" and today the problem has gone away.  The other thing I would check is the version of iHeart radio.  It was 7.6.5 when it failed and 7.6.5 today when it worked.  Thanks Xfinity for fixing the problem.  I will also be letting iHeart radio that it is fixed and it was a Xfinity issue not theirs. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Happy to hear your feedback to the situation was helpful in getting the problem resolved. If you have nay other concerns in the future, we are here 7 days a week to help. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

7 months ago

I tried iHeart 3 times yesterday morning and it kept working when there screen saver came on.  Last night I tried it again and it now stops when the Xfinity screen saver kicks in.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@Shapoonie Thank you for the update. Is that still the case this morning? 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

yes still having the issue. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

7 months ago

2/2/21 16 days after submitting there issue and still having the issue.  

Current version of Software

Release Version 

Release Date

2/01/24 11:34 AM

1 Message

7 months ago

Same issue here. Music stops when the Screensaver starts. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello there, y2day1977. Have you already checked out the link that XfinityChristy posted a bit ago?

2 Messages

7 months ago

Same problem.  Disconnects after 15 minutes.  Didn’t do this previously!  Very annoying!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out user_xxn8fl! Have you already taken a look at this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-screen-saver to make the changes needed to correct that issue?

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

7 months ago

I am still having the issue and no updates from Xfinity, which is typical.  I got DM asking again what the problem is, I just love explaining things over and over.  They wanted to reset everything which was all done before and all it was make me enter all the passwords for everything.  

1 Message

7 months ago

just continues to be a problem don’t understand why it can’t be fixed

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

I guess there is not enough people complaining about the issue.  Tired of having to explain the issue over and over again so I have given up.  Just another reason to drop $finity

1 Message

I am having the same issue. Heart music just hangs after 15 minutes. I go in and hit the play button and it comes back on. But it only lasts for about 15 minutes. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

I would suggest that you or anyone having this issue submit a new post about this issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_5u6oqv Have you by chance taken a look our comment from @XfinityChristy ? If you have extended the awake time for your screen and still running into the issue please let me know. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

I set the screen saver to 30 mins and after 30 mins the Xfinity screen saver comes on and stops the iheart play.  If the screen saver is set to 5 minutes the screen saver comes after 5 minutes if a menu is on the screen.  However if the iheart radio app is playing it doesn't come on for 15 minutes.

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

7 months ago

This is getting very tiresome, I have explained this over and over.  I have been asked to delete the app and reinstall but it can't be done.  I was asked to turn the screen saver off which also can't be done.  You would think that these people would know the system better.  currently on my 4th ticket the first 3 were closed even though there was no resolution.

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

Still no word on what's going on if anything.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Some power save features are not customer editable. You do have the opportunity to use the Xfinity Stream app on any eligible streaming devices. Using other third-party devices may allow you to access content depending on the streaming device and television settings that are outside our set-top box management settings.  

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

this is not a power save issue its a screen saver issue.  The iheart app stop after 15 minutes when the Xfinity commercial screen saver comes on.,

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

6 months ago

It has been a month and half now an no updates.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Shapoonie thank you for understanding that not everything is an instant fix. We are still working with you in our direct messages and once new information is provided we will contact you there. We appreciate your patience. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

It is an instant break why can't it be an instant fix? I know you are working with me in direct messaging.  I am posting information here for the others that are having this issue.  

1 Message

My iHeart radio also keeps stopping on every mobile device I have after awhile. But I don’t have a screen saver.

Official Employee

• 

539 Messages

@user_vfow7o If you are having issues with a 3rd party app on multiple devices, it would be best to reach out to iHeart radio for their app support to get assistance. The original post mentions the screensaver for our X1 cable box was interrupting the iHeart Radio app on their cable box. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

I have contacted iheart radio and they say it's a Xfinity issue.  Iheart radio stops play after 15 minutes when the Xfinity screen saver comes on.  This is on the Xfinity cable box. 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

6 months ago

so after 2 months the answer is the issue will not be fixed.  Why am I paying so much for service like this. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here