Peanut52's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, June 9th, 2023 6:58 PM

Closed

What happened to the old Home Page?!?!?! The new Discovery Hub [Edited]!!!

Hate the new Discovery Hub.  Too many sign in requests.  The old Home Page had news, entertainment, all that stuff wrapped into one.  Will be changing Home Page to news.google.com.   Are you trying to get rid of customers?

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

1 year ago

All,

Thank you for your feedback, and we will absolutely get this information passed along to our development teams. 

For additional information about the new Xfinity.com webpage, please see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/new-xfinity-online-experience.

At this time we are have received abundant feedback and are now closing this conversation. Thank you again for your feedback, please see the above mentioned article for additional information. 

Thank you again for your feedback!

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

1 year ago

Is anyone else having problems with the new Xfinity home page, discovery hub? The web search doesn't work.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled New Xfinity home page

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@

RND1023  Hi there. Can you advise what happens why you try to search? I didn't experience any issues with it. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I have the same problem. If I try to get into google or Microsoft edge on my desktop, it takes me directly into Xfinity Discovery Hub. If I click on Search the web, or Internet, it takes me back to the exact same screen, i.e., Xfinity Discovery Hub. I'm guessing Xfinity/Comcast are working on upgrades, and there are some major glitches. Please advise. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@XfinityShan​ When I enter a site such as menards.com and hit enter or click the search icon it reloads the discover hub page. The only way I can search from that discover hub page is to use the address bar.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@

RND1023  I was able to successfully search with the same term. What browser are you using?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_1db932 Is this happening on all of your devices and no matter what you search for?

Contributor

• 

209 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity is my home page. It seems the old home page has been replaced by something called Discovery Hub. This happen to anyone else.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Discovery Hub ???

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

This happened to me, yesterday. I clicked on my.xfinity.com link and it went directly to Discovery Hub. I received no notification from Comcast this would happed or how to return to the old page. Very frustrating.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

The new Xfinity home page called Discovery Hub is terrible. All we get is Xfinity sales pitches. We lost all teh links to sports, finance, entertainment etc. I am going to switch my home page elsewhere!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

It happened to us also. Terrible! I just want to know how or if we can return to what we had before.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Same thing happen to me, what do I have to do, go to another internet company

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

;yes, it occurred on my system without any prior notice on 6/9/23 and there appears to be no way to return to the old xfinity home page.  The discovery hub as it is called is absolutely useless; the search bar does not function except to return one to the discovery hub.  There's no weather and no quick glance to see if one has mail and wants to check the mailbox; a couple extra clicks are required for that.  What's worse is when things like this happen one wastes time first assuming the issue is on one's own computer.  Honestly, how much effort would it take to atleast send out an advance email explaining the changes?  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]..seriously bad landing page and customer care!

Regular Visitor

• 

33 Messages

1 year ago

I have tried the "assistant" bots, and they are "dumb" regarding my issue. I also managed to actually talk to live tech, somewhere in SE Asia I assume, and he could not help. I don't know who had this Hub "improvement" idea, but the result for both our desk tops is we have lost the Xfinity internet home page, although I do have bookmarked my email, so I can get to that.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled xfinity internet home page replaced by a promo for Hub

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

33 Messages

@EG​  thank you.  I have spent several frustrating hours on this issue.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

@las8080​ 

Quite welcome !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@las8080 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums. In regard to your comment about the HUB, we certainly appreciate your feedback, and we are closely looking at what features our customers enjoy most.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

just give the home page back. tired of always new and improved [Edited: "Language"].

dont want or need a page that tells me about plans and whatever else you are trying to sell.

pay to much as it is.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I agree!! Disappeared without a trace. Bring it back. Much better than this new version.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I totally agree the Discovery Hub homepage is the pits.  I am sorry we the consumers were not informed and it appears that we have little say so in this matter.  BRING BACK THE OLD HOME PAGE!!!!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

This Discovery hub STINKS!!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Exactly.  Why would I want to look at ads for xfinity stuff.  When I first come online I want the news, weather, etc.  If I wanted the Hub stuff I would just click on my account.  This change is very upsetting.

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

We love to hear everyone's feedback and we take it very seriously. A great way to be heard and even affect change is to use the Xfinity Assistant on the Xfinity app or website and leave your feedback there where it will be filtered to the proper team. 

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

hate this new hub thingy homepage. please bring back my old xfinity homepage

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, and we will absolutely get this information passed along to our development teams. Thank you! 

This reply has been converted into a comment

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityDannyB​ 

You must be kidding.  xfinity assistant only gets you to apps and things to buy.  It can't answer real questions and if you don't fit into one of the selections you can't get to a person

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDannyB

What is Comcast doing to address our (the consumer) concerns regarding the New Discovery Hub.  How long will it take them to respond?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Bring back the old home page!!! The new hub page is terrible!!! 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

AMEN!!! Comcast should act like they appreciate and respect the wishes of the consumers.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

Yeah, what a waste! At least on the old page you had access to a variety of information. News around the country/world. Entertaiment, sports, and financial information. If I need access to my account, email, etc, it was all there. What a gigantic step backwards in web programming! Like others, I'm sure I'll find some other service to use as my home page. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I selected News.Google.com as my new homepage and it does have the news, sports and other stuff that I want.  However, it isn't as compact and nicely presented as it was on the xfinity page.  So now I have the Hub bookmarked and my xfinity email bookmarked, so I can get to them quickly.  Another hitch is that every time I access my email now, I get asked to enter an email address to better secure my email, but it says I can't enter my Comcast email address.  It allows for skipping the process, but every time I go to email I have to do that added step.  Frustrating isn't the word for it.  I am starting to rant, but I also have two xfinity accounts, one in Vermont and one in Florida.  Several times I have spent hours with xfinity customer service to link these accounts so that I don't have to have two sets of credentials to access each account.  Yesterday I was on the phone with five different support folks, including security level folks and it still isn't working properly.  OK, that is enough for today!  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I absolutely hate this new Xfinity hub.  It is slow, takes forever to load email and then times out.  The old homepage had news and was easily navigated.  Xfinity hub is just terrible.  Please bring back the old version.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I also "Hate the new Discovery Hub." I would like to know what Comcast is doing regarding our (consumers) concerns.

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_743f06 We greatly appreciate your feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve our products and service, and appreciate your input.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityJennifer​ we pay a lot of money for our services the least you could do is give us a home page we want

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Sell, sell, sell.  That is all the new Discovery Hub is for--to make more money for Comcast.  You have to search for new feeds on your own now.  Comcast is not going to help you find anything that does not lead to it making more money.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I HATE XFINITY DISCOVERY HUB!!!!!!!!!!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here