Terry0327's profile

Contributor

• 

209 Messages

Saturday, June 10th, 2023 12:28 AM

Closed

Discovery Hub ???

Xfinity is my home page. It seems the old home page has been replaced by something called Discovery Hub. This happen to anyone else.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

What happened to the old Home Page?!?!?! The new Discovery Hub [Edited]!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

This happened to me, yesterday. I clicked on my.xfinity.com link and it went directly to Discovery Hub. I received no notification from Comcast this would happed or how to return to the old page. Very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@KraftFamily4​ Agreed. Although, the notice was on the homepage itself. Didn't think it would change so quick. The next morning I went on & Discovery Hub was there. Bye Bye old xfinity. 

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@KraftFamily4

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Discovery Hub landing page. This is what helps us improve. We will happily pass this along to the appropriate eyes and ears.

Have a great weekend!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

[QUOTE]Thank you for your feedback regarding the Discovery Hub landing page. This is what helps us improve. We will happily pass this along to the appropriate eyes and ears.[/QUOTE]

Then DO NOT Switch our computers to the HUB without our choice!

If you want to leave it as one of "OUR CHOICES" then fine but I take a dim view of anyone that makes my choices for me.

I think that's what living under Putin is like in Russia but not in the US of A.

Give us a choice and guess what if no one Chooses the HUB then I guess that is an indication that we do not like it!

It takes US from Sports, News, Entertainment to Xfinity Hype and Corporate BS.

Leave well enough alone Comcast

Regards,

Ed

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Clear your computer's CACHE..Temporary internet files etc

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@XfinityElizabethA​ you are just a bot

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

1 year ago

The new Xfinity home page called Discovery Hub is terrible. All we get is Xfinity sales pitches. We lost all teh links to sports, finance, entertainment etc. I am going to switch my home page elsewhere!

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@ejcaman​ Yes, I miss the news, entertainment, & my games. Yahoo has been being tossed around in my head for a home page. Don't want to do it, but yahoo may be it. 

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Jackie...I have started to use Microsoft as my home page...it's not too bad as a replacement.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

It happened to us also. Terrible! I just want to know how or if we can return to what we had before.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@dvsdan

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Discovery Hub landing page. This is what helps us improve. We will happily pass this along to the appropriate eyes and ears.

Have a lovely weekend!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I was going to say how much the new xfinity home page sucks, but I've been beaten to the punch. Thanks for giving us the electric car of the computer world.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

Hello @user_219040 , thank you for reaching out to our great team through Forums. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Xfinity home page. We are continually making changes and will make adjustments. Is there something in particular you are looking for? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

TAKE OFF DISCOVERY HUB!  WE WANT OUR OLD HOMEPAGE BACK!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Same thing happen to me, what do I have to do, go to another internet company

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

;yes, it occurred on my system without any prior notice on 6/9/23 and there appears to be no way to return to the old xfinity home page.  The discovery hub as it is called is absolutely useless; the search bar does not function except to return one to the discovery hub.  There's no weather and no quick glance to see if one has mail and wants to check the mailbox; a couple extra clicks are required for that.  What's worse is when things like this happen one wastes time first assuming the issue is on one's own computer.  Honestly, how much effort would it take to atleast send out an advance email explaining the changes?  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]..seriously bad landing page and customer care!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@brady2​ My wife's computer was converted to the Hub two days ago.  Yesterday I called xfinity to get it changed back and all I could get was an automated message saying there was an outage in our area and nobody would be available to talk with until the outage is resolved.  Well, we had no outage on our systems so I do not know what they were doing.  This morning I called and got transferred twice while I tried to explain that I wanted our old my.xfinity back and finally at the third "helper" I was told that this was a permanent change for everyone and we would not be able to go back.  I spent two hours on the phone for this "non response".   In the meantime on my internet there is a message telling me that I also will lose my.xfinity soon and be converted to the new Hub.   My wife is having trouble getting on websites she normally uses.  The Hub is a terrible "upgrade" and we want our my.xfinity back or we too will have to switch to someone else.  Also, I asked the third helper to connect me with their supervisor.  They did and all I got was a dead line that I finally hung up on after 15 minutes of silence.  Xfinity service is terrible and their idea of an upgrade definitely does not take the customer's needs into account.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Do I get to the Microsoft home page via microsoft.com?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I agree with all who have posted. This new site/page is terrible.  I tried the search box today, and it did absolutely nothing. You cannot search. I tried to comment to live help. They would not respond to my comment. I hope they rethink this, or at least do a beta test and get some feedback.

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@user_4069ac​ The search works for me over here (6/11/2023). Searched for how to get back the old xfinity page. Just took me back to this "Hub" . All this is now is a selling page. 

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@brady2

Have a great week ahead!

Contributor

• 

202 Messages

1 year ago

I agree with you Brady 100%. [Edited: "Language"] Have switched to another homepage which by the way is better than the old xfinity home page.It is the microsoft home page on microsoft edge.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@Redfordl​  be careful there.  MS takes over your computer.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

The Discovery Hub is awful!  And I love how I was just switched with no warning.  I lost my bookmarks (thanks Xfinity).  I am going to have to seriously consider changing providers if this is how Xfinity wants to conduct business.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@user_96619b​ myself as well.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I agree!

Comcast Xfinity is not the only internet provider in the Millennium!

A company that will actually reach into our computer and make changes without our knowledge is not right!

Choices to do or not to do I am used to but to just make up my mind for me and force me to comply I do not like.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Yes and it is horrible. I want my old home page!!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@venicenancy Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums. We certainly appreciate your feedback regarding these changes, and we'll notify our team of the features you enjoy most.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I'm not paying for something that is useless to me, Discovery Hub, if this is what Xfinity thinks of us, it's time to move on to another internet company 

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Benjamin...I don't know whose idea this new Discovery Hub was, but it is terrible and as you can tell by all the forum comments...all are negative, and Xfinity is quickly losing users due to the fact that the new Hub offers us users nothing useful. All the links we utilized in the past, like sports, news, entertainment etc. are no longer available on the home page. This is quickly going to turn into the Xfinity version of the AB Bud Light fiasco!

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

@user_60c1b8 I truly apologize for any inconvenience this caused. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding discovery hub. We are always looking to improve and this feedback helps. Thanks for working with us. 

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@ejcaman​  I agree! so very much.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

1 year ago

Having talked to an Xfinity Rep...they indicated this change is permanent.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@ejcaman​  Yes I will also be looking for another provider.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@user_b02d71​ that makes up my mind....new provider...Xfinity is getting too big for its britches...making up my mind for me as to what my home page should look like...I am on PC...not a  mobile, and this HUB is useless

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

There is NOTHING about the new home page that I like, or that is useful to me.  Since I live i the Philly suburbs, I have just switched my home page to 6abc.com so that I have a home page that actually gives useful info and news when I log on.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

1 year ago

Mine hasn't changed yet. I never use the Comcast site except for billing and similar. I have direct links for mail and other items.

This is what I see near the top of the page:

Frequent Visitor

• 

28 Messages

@andyross​ Probably when you wake up tomorrow morning & click on xfinity, the Discover Hub page will be there for you. 

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

1 year ago

If you switch to the Microsoft Edge browser, there start page is similar to the old Xfinity one. However, you would have to use Edge browser as the page is built in.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@Tek​ I do not like MS Edge either.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same here. Ridiculous! I was told via ChatBot that 'they are working on this issue' and 'hope to have it restored soon'. We will see.

In the meantime, I have set https://www.msn.com/en-us/feed?ocid=winp2fp as my home page.

Will also be researching alternatives to using Comcast as the treatment of customers continues to decline at a rapid rate.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@Lulu3​   I also just found out that xfinity out-sources the email accounts.  I have had major problems and have to contact the company that does this and they are NOT nice.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_b02d71​ 

If you're having problems with email, please post about it in the Email forum so someone can help you.

You say that xfinity "out-sources the email accounts".  What company handles email accounts?  This is the first I've heard about it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Also happened to us. Worthless - spent 15-20 minutes with support chat versus artificial chatbot support box and they swore 6 ways to Sunday they made no changes making me think I was crazy. No notification. Nothing. [Edited: "Language"]. Please monitor this comment.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Discovery Hub is a joke..just miserable. A giant sales pitch and nothing else. Can't access internet using that page. What genius thought this was a good idea?  GIVE us back the old home page NOW!!!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here